Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2016, 11:20 PM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Haven't seen any 2017's to look at. I think we may have the only Concord in NC! Everyone that sees it love it and is suitably impressed.

Ours is still doing great. I am going to take it to a FR dealer and have them listen to the bedroom slide. It makes way to much noise for my satisfaction. If I have to I will pay for the repair and file it with Coachmen/FR.

Once our new barn is built I will get started on the mods... assuming I have any money left.

Aaron
We need pictures of the barn with the Coachman tucked inside.
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
-Blue Ox base plate | Ready Brute Elite
BlackJeep22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:17 AM   #202
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJeep22 View Post
We need pictures of the barn with the Coachman tucked inside.
Don't hold your breath... I bet it will be March at the earliest before I get it done.

Still battling with the local inspections department over the need for a "Septic Tank Review" ($500 money grab). The barn is not going to get water or septic at this time, however they are insisting I have to have a review any way. Having my local lawyer look into it.

But when the fun starts I will be sure to post pictures. My wife keeps laughing because I have the barn staked out and have been driving stuff in and out of the stakes to make sure the turning radius and interior parking is laid out the way I want. Easier to move a stake than a barn wall...

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 10:02 PM   #203
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjSpeedwagon View Post
5 star tune will reflash your computer and change your shift patterns some. A lot of gas Moho owners swear by it. You don't hit 4th gear as much. 5 star been around long time and very reputable. Google 5 star and look at there website.
I've looked at the tune, but can't justify the cost right now - not because the Sunseeker is going into storage next Saturday, but because I don't wander too far from the reservation. Our typical trip is about 80 miles one way. Now, if I were to make some trips like y'all, it would be a different story. Maybe down the road when we start making longer trips.
But, yeah, I see the advantage of getting the 5-star tune.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 02:05 PM   #204

Quote:
Finally finished installing the Ready Brake and Breakaway cables today. Had to build a couple of brackets to hold each cable to the bumper. I went with the screen door slider wheels on the brake pedal arm rather than the factory recommended smashed cable.
The rubber floor mat will cover the slack cable for the breakaway. When not towing, the quick release going through the break pedal arm will also store flat underneath the rubber floor mat. Had a hell of a time getting that rubber brake pedal pad back on the arm.
Shout out to DaGrinch & JJSeedwagon for their help.
Nice looking installation, BlackJeep. I'm running the same setup on my 2015 Wrangler Sport: Blue Ox baseplate and ReadyBrute Elite bar & brakes. Since I installed the Mopar wiring harness in the Jeep I didn't need the attachment points provided on the bracket for the connector (I just have a pigtail that comes out through the grill and tucks back behind it when not in use)... so I made a plate to hold the service brake cable fitting that uses those attachment points (and puts the cable on the vehicle centerline). Here's a link to photos of my install:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-94602-12.html

2016 Coachmen Pursuit 31BD
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport Toad
Nights camped in 2019: 76
pashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 03:06 PM   #205

Hummm.. Thanks. I don't see your pics.
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 11-07-2016, 03:09 PM   #206

No? That's funny, I do when I scroll down the thread. Are you logged in?

Silly, question... of course you are or you couldn't post. I don't know... I see both yours and mine. It's a mystery.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:46 PM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by pashooter View Post
No? That's funny, I do when I scroll down the thread. Are you logged in?

Silly, question... of course you are or you couldn't post. I don't know... I see both yours and mine. It's a mystery.
I don't even see YOUR post in that link. Weird.
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 11-08-2016, 02:38 AM   #208

That's my thread... I mean I started it... and you can't see my post(s)? That page (12) of the thread has nothing by my posts on it. Totally bizarre. What DO you see there?

Old 11-08-2016, 10:27 AM   #209

It was weird. If I simply tapped on the link (in my email) it did take me to the FR app, and some thread...but no posts past page 2.

I had to copy your link and paste it into my browser...then I could see all 12 pages.

Nice setup. Did you ever put the plastic brush guard back on?
Old 11-08-2016, 10:34 AM   #210

I haven't put the plastic brush guard back on. With the safety cables routed the way I have them I'd have to cut some pretty big holes in that, and I haven't found a better way to install the cables. How did you do that?

BTW - I like the way you used rollers to attach to the brake pedal arm... did you have to drill that for the quick release pin? I hadn't thought of such an arrangement and (as you can see) just went with the provided bracket and squashed cable attachment.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:54 AM   #211

Quote:
I haven't put the plastic brush guard back on. With the safety cables routed the way I have them I'd have to cut some pretty big holes in that, and I haven't found a better way to install the cables. How did you do that?

BTW - I like the way you used rollers to attach to the brake pedal arm... did you have to drill that for the quick release pin? I hadn't thought of such an arrangement and (as you can see) just went with the provided bracket and squashed cable attachment.
I just cut 2 slots (per the instructions from Blue Ox) for the baseplate, then drilled a 1/2" hole for each cable.

Yes, I drilled a 1/4" hole through the brake pedal arm for the quick release pin. When not using my Jeep as a toad, the cables are detached from the arm and simply lay underneath the floor mats. I have a thick zip tie holding the brake away cable from being pulled out accidentally.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ReadyBruteOne.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	124915   Click image for larger version

Name:	ReadyBruteTwo.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	124916   Click image for larger version

Name:	ReadyBruteThree.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	124917  
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 11-08-2016, 11:58 AM   #212

So how did you route the safety cables that came with the Blue Ox bracket so they're entirely within the brush guard?

Really clean installation there, BTW.

Old 11-08-2016, 12:08 PM   #213

Quote:
So how did you route the safety cables that came with the Blue Ox bracket so they're entirely within the brush guard?

Thanks. Again, just did what the instructions suggested that came with Blue Ox baseplate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ReadyBruteFour.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	124918  
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 11-08-2016, 12:11 PM   #214

Quote:

The tricky part was running the breakaway cable through the brush guard. I had that RED clevis on one end and the RED box on the other. I went against their recommendation and pulled the cable out of the RED box. Put it through my hole in the brush guard and then ran it back through the RED box. It wasn't as difficult as they said.
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 11-08-2016, 12:19 PM   #215

Maybe I'll try that with the safety cables. The instructions that came with my bracket weren't too clear on how to route those. As you can see I mounted my safety breakaway "box" to the plate on the end of the bracket - that gave me a pretty straight "pull" to the brake pedal in case that ever activates. I tie-wrapped the loop on the end through the hole for the tow bar safety cables and found that there's no interference there. I could cut the "slot" at that end of the brush guard a little bigger to provide access to the "box" - maybe I'll try that. It does make things look cleaner...

Old 12-02-2016, 10:54 PM   #216

Antifreeze down the drains?

Hey guys, just got back from 3 weeks in Mexico. No, didn't take the Concord, flew down to Puerto Vallarta for a few weeks.
Now it's a reality check. I drained and blew out all my lines before we left, but was wondering how much (if any) antifreeze are you all pouring down your drains.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:18 AM   #217

I just pour about a cup in each. Some of them don't have a trap so no need. If the drain goes straight down into the tank no worry.
richardelarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 06:18 AM   #218
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Hey guys, just got back from 3 weeks in Mexico. No, didn't take the Concord, flew down to Puerto Vallarta for a few weeks.
Now it's a reality check. I drained and blew out all my lines before we left, but was wondering how much (if any) antifreeze are you all pouring down your drains.
A cup or so just in case. The Concord uses the Waterless P-trap's so supposedly it isn't necessary. However... being a belt and suspenders type

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 06:23 AM   #219

Funny .... that's me too!
richardelarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 09:33 AM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
A cup or so just in case. The Concord uses the Waterless P-trap's so supposedly it isn't necessary. However... being a belt and suspenders type

Aaron
I had heard that we had waterless p-traps, but still haven't bothered to look. It's supposed to get down to 30 degrees tonight and I've got a couple of gallons that I bought last summer sitting in my garage. Thanks guys.

Tags
black