Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2017, 06:58 AM   #481
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJeep22 View Post
I was lookin for you buddy. I was heating up some lunch in the microwave, running the AC on HIGH, and watching the NVA Playoffs on TV. Probably about 20 seconds into the microwave... EVERYTHING shut off.
I'm admittedly A ROOKIE at this.
I sat on the floor in front of the fridge, (remember it was 100° here in Yuma) staring at the breakers and fuses. I flipped all the breakers back and forth, pushed the GFI switch in the bathroom... NOTHING. I was like, A-A-R-O-N!!!! HELP.
Then, I gathered myself and thought, let's start first at the pedestal and see if the red & blue lights are ON on my surge protector. NO LIGHTS! I opened the door on the electrical pedestal and found the 30 amp breaker and tripped. This stuff is fun, sorta... I just keep learning new lessons every day it seems.
Thanks for being there. ��������
I saw the post come through on Tapatalk, but I was buried up to my elbows in grease, it is tractor service time around here. By the time I got cleaned up enough to pick up the phone I saw you had solved the problem. There is definitely a steep learning curve to RV's if you have never had one before. I am fortunate in that I started learning how to work on them way back in the 70's. My background in industrial maintenance and construction as well as an inquisitive mind do the rest. I also was an ASE certified mechanic before I decided that wasn't where I wanted to be.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:39 PM   #482

So, I've been meaning to ask this question for awhile now. We've been in sunny Arizona for about 6 weeks and I noticed these rays of light reflecting on the ceiling at the (top) ends of our slide outs. Do you have these as well? I put a mirror up there and can clearly see blue sky.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170424_112520.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	135769Click image for larger version

Name:	20170424_112509.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	135770
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
-Blue Ox base plate | Ready Brute Elite
BlackJeep22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:28 PM   #483

Seems like your upper seal is not sealing well in those areas. You may need to get on a ladder and look from the outside. That is what I would do.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:39 PM   #484
World Wide Wanderer

Looks like the interior seals aren't quite right. There is also an external 'wiper' seal too. The interior one is a two part and a PITA to get to. Is that the bedroom or living area slide?

Aaron

Old 04-24-2017, 07:41 PM   #485
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Larry,
Sorry man... I got you mixed up with John (JJSPEEDWAGON). How have you been?
Been doing good.... we just got our Sunseeker out of storage a week ago Saturday. I've got a new granddaughter, so our camping days this year will be limited. Need to go spoil her. We will be going to our favorite spot, Raystown Lake, PA for the 3 major summer holidays - reservations already made.
Been following the trials and tribulations in Yuma. I can relate to loosing a/c in 100 degree heat. A couple years ago, we lost power completely when we were at Seneca Shadows in West Virginia. At least 95 degrees and the humidity was ruthless. But it wasn't just at MY pedestal. The whole loop lost power - ALL NIGHT! DW about lost it.
Oh, and yeah, get up on a ladder and check your seal on your slide. You shouldn't have those "sun spots" inside your unit.
Camp on - enjoy!

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:49 PM   #486
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
Been doing good.... we just got our Sunseeker out of storage a week ago Saturday. I've got a new granddaughter, so our camping days this year will be limited. Need to go spoil her. We will be going to our favorite spot, Raystown Lake, PA for the 3 major summer holidays - reservations already made.
Been following the trials and tribulations in Yuma. I can relate to loosing a/c in 100 degree heat. A couple years ago, we lost power completely when we were at Seneca Shadows in West Virginia. At least 95 degrees and the humidity was ruthless. But it wasn't just at MY pedestal. The whole loop lost power - ALL NIGHT! DW about lost it.
Oh, and yeah, get up on a ladder and check your seal on your slide. You shouldn't have those "sun spots" inside your unit.
Camp on - enjoy!
Power goes out in a campground the generator gets some exercise!

I had that happen to me down in Charleston, SC. We had a line of storms roll through, dropped a couple of tree branches on the power lines feeding the campground. First thing I did was hit the shower house and get mine. By sundown everybody that had a generator was using it. They didn't get the campground power back on until nearly midnight. Unfortunately I was still in my little TT at the time so it was a bit on the warm side. I was sleeping on the picnic table under the shelter.

Aaron

Old 04-24-2017, 08:26 PM   #487

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Looks like the interior seals aren't quite right. There is also an external 'wiper' seal too. The interior one is a two part and a PITA to get to. Is that the bedroom or living area slide?

Aaron
That's the bedroom, but the living room is very similar.
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 04-24-2017, 08:30 PM   #488

Quote:

I had that happen to me down in Charleston, SC. We had a line of storms roll through, dropped a couple of tree branches on the power lines feeding the campground. First thing I did was hit the shower house and get mine. By sundown everybody that had a generator was using it. They didn't get the campground power back on until nearly midnight. Unfortunately I was still in my little TT at the time so it was a bit on the warm side. I was sleeping on the picnic table under the shelter.

Aaron
I turned on the generator when we lost power, but couldn't get the AC to work. I assumed it was because I didn't connect my 30 amp chord back in the cubby outlet.
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 04-24-2017, 08:32 PM   #489

Quote:
Camp on - enjoy!
Congratulations Larry.... Try to squeeze in as much camping as you can. Family sort of complicates things at time.
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 04-24-2017, 08:54 PM   #490

Quote:

Aaron
The outside wiper seals seem fine. Guess I'll dig into the interior seals mañana. Any pointers? Gracias.
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 04-24-2017, 09:08 PM   #491
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
<snipped>
Aaron
At the time, our unit was an '08 Roo 23SS... yeah, and those tent ends just exacerbated the situation. And no generator.

2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
Old 04-25-2017, 05:00 AM   #492
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
The outside wiper seals seem fine. Guess I'll dig into the interior seals mañana. Any pointers? Gracias.
I use a selfie stick and put my cellphone back there to take pictures, because you aren't going to be able to get your head in there. Once you determine where the seal is pulled loose the fun begins. On my bedroom one I was able to put the slide part way out and reach in and get it adjusted. Then I followed the directions to retime the slide motors. (on page 3) Not sure how you can get to the dinette slide seals. I have noticed my bottom seal on the dinette slide leaks a lot of air too, that one is folded over for some reason. I need to get under there and check on that one too.

Aaron

Old 04-25-2017, 08:55 AM   #493
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
I use a selfie stick and put my cellphone back there to take pictures, because you aren't going to be able to get your head in there. Once you determine where the seal is pulled loose the fun begins. On my bedroom one I was able to put the slide part way out and reach in and get it adjusted. Then I followed the directions to retime the slide motors. (on page 3) Not sure how you can get to the dinette slide seals. I have noticed my bottom seal on the dinette slide leaks a lot of air too, that one is folded over for some reason. I need to get under there and check on that one too.

Aaron
I love this forum! I would never have thought of the selfie stick! I'll have to file that one in the back of my mind.

2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
Old 04-25-2017, 09:04 AM   #494

Quote:

Aaron
I wonder.... I have a little HDMI dongle that is attached to my Furrion TVs that allow me to "mirror/cast" my Samsung phone screen to the TV. I got it so I could access all my Directv channels when on the road in the Concord. I wonder if I can do this (just by hand) up in that crowded space and watch it on the TV?
Think I'll give it a shot, later, after I have my morning coffee. I don't have a selfie stick.
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 04-25-2017, 10:39 AM   #495

I was able to take a few photos from the bedroom slide. Living room slide is similar. I sent the photos to my Service Manager at my dealership. It looks like there is nothing installed for inside seals. For now, I think I'll just cram some foam pipe insulation pieces up there. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170425_081919.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	135846Click image for larger version

Name:	20170425_081849.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	135847
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 04-25-2017, 10:57 AM   #496
DW's 401(k) Plan

Noodles! Swimming noodles wood work wonders. Quick, cheap and easy,.... just the way I like things! 🤣

2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
Old 04-25-2017, 10:58 AM   #497
DW's 401(k) Plan

Would.. not "wood". Damn spell check.

2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
Old 04-25-2017, 11:07 AM   #498
World Wide Wanderer

It looks like the seals are in there, just don't come over far enough. That black plastic looking stuff in the second picture is the seal.

Aaron

Old 04-25-2017, 11:12 AM   #499
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
I love this forum! I would never have thought of the selfie stick! I'll have to file that one in the back of my mind.
I was born lazy and raised slow...

If there is an easier way to do something I am going to do my darnest to find it. I prefer the work smarter vs work harder way of thinking.

Aaron

Old 04-25-2017, 11:42 AM   #500

This is what I use to look into corner and places where I can fit my head. It works great.
Lol.

RIDGID Micro CA25 Inspection Camera-40043 - The Home Depot
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black