Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #1

Blow up Bed

Folks, I have a 2013 coachmen encounter 36bh, which has a blow up mattress for use in the sofa behind the drivers seat. I've been unable to get an air mattress that looks like the pictures in the brochure, and thought I might hear from any of you that have the stepped air mattress that I seem to be missing.
If anyone has a part number or a picture, I'd appreciate it so I could get the correct one in place.
Thanks !
RacerxRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #2

Hi There!

There's a picture on page 5 of this brochure that shows it. Definitely not the greatest mattress. We actually had an extra ordered when we got our rig since I, too, was worried about finding a replacement if anything happened to the original.

The air pump takes FOREVER to inflate the thing. We bought another one (haven't used it yet), which will hopefully be an improvement. Come to think of it, anything will likely be an improvement!

If you haven't tried already, I would definitely give Coachmen a call to see if they can send you a spare mattress. If not, my couch is made by Mastercraft (and looks like the one in the brochure pictures). Maybe a call over there might help you locate another one: Mastercraft, Inc., Innovation and Value since 1971

Hope this helps! And, hope you're liking your rig!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf encounterbrochure.pdf (3.93 MB, 74 views)
go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #3

After I hit "post", I saw that you already have the brochure picture that I also referenced. Sorry about that! I don't have my own picture, unfortunately...
go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #4

Ours is identical. We inflated it one time to see what we had and were unimpressed. Have never used it. I suspect it will "walk" away from the couch and the user will find that they have a bottomless pit right under the shoulder area.

Based on your post you did not get the bed with the purchase of the coach.

If you bought new, (which I assume is the case), can't you insist the dealer provide one for you? If you bought used, same plan, as the extra bed is certainly a feature of the coach and not just an extra thrown in.

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #5

They finally sent the proper one, but I'm already looking to convert to a "pull out". I got a SAM catalog with "prices starting at $995" for a "real bed".

Something else to buy when cash is available ...
Thanks for all your help.
RacerxRV is offline   Reply With Quote