Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2016, 05:28 PM   #21

I was asking about the track bar and the stabilizer. They look pretty good.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 01:33 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwisconsin View Post
I was asking about the track bar and the stabilizer. They look pretty good.
I got the Steering Stabilizer and mounting bracket from Amazon

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B007HR...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and the Track Bar from Ultra RV Products:

https://www.ultrarvproducts.com/inde...product_id=135

These were for a 2016 F53 22K chassis.

AL
1997 F-350 CC PSD
BigHomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:54 PM   #23

Thank you
Old 11-27-2016, 10:59 PM   #24

Wife and I are looking at Mirada's is this a common issue/need on the mirada's is the need for the stabilizers and track bars? We are also looking at Georgetown and Bay stars do these have them and the mirada doesn't?
manderson2228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 12:23 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson2228 View Post
Wife and I are looking at Mirada's is this a common issue/need on the mirada's is the need for the stabilizers and track bars? We are also looking at Georgetown and Bay stars do these have them and the mirada doesn't?
I can't help you with the Georgetown or Baystar, but in my research prior to buying and after test driving a few, I determined that if the MH was on a Ford F53 chassis (I think all new gas Class As are) these upgrades would be something I would do as soon as I could after purchase. The 2016 F53 chassis comes with a front track bar and a 6 speed trans so that was something I specifically wanted.

I would suggest test driving whatever you are going to buy or something very similar. Get it out on the interstate and let a few trucks pass you at speed and see how it handles. Hopefully you can test drive with a good cross wind blowing also - I did. If you feel as though you could drive it like it is for 6-8 hours to get where you are going and arrive not completely worn out, then you may not need anything.

I have done the "Cheap Handling Fix" on mine since I put on the track bar and steering stabilizer. We went camping last week and the handling is quite acceptable now.
1997 F-350 CC PSD
Old 11-28-2016, 05:55 PM   #26

Ahhh so it's more of a chassis thing then it is a mirada thing. That is good to know seeing that most of them are on the same chassis.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:32 PM   #27
WDW

Yep, it's about Ford and the box individual builders put in them. It's not just a Mirada thing ... It's an F-53 thing.

Taking in the sights wherever my Trolley takes me.

2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH
Western NY
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:09 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW View Post
If you are interested in opening that wall up to create it's own pocket, here is a shot of a coach under construction I took last summer at the factory. I've been thinking about the same thing, but with he AC n it's too loud. So we went with Bluetooth headphones.

Attachment 124758

Taking in the sights wherever my Trolley takes me.

2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH
Western NY
Man.. 100k and what looks like 3/4 inch thick pine boards as "studs" kind of disappointing...
Old 01-26-2017, 10:11 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHomey View Post
I have been looking for a soundbar to correct the poor audio from the TVs, especially the large one behind the slide. To mount on the wall below the TV, it had to be thin. There is only 2 3/4" between the edge of the slide and the wall. I found one on line that looked like it would work - a Yamaha ATS-1060. The specs show it as only 2 1/8". More than a half inch to spare. It has built in subs, Bluetooth, HDMI in/out and optical in. The Seiki TVs in the coach all have optical outputs. I had put a Yamaha ATS-1030 in our TT, so I knew they sounded good. In the cart it went and got it mounted/connected in time to watch the Alabama - LSU game. ROLL TIDE.

Attachment 124751
Did you just get a cheap universal remote to control the two or do you use 2 different remotes to control the tv and then the audio. Is the tv above the sink and outside also bad on audio?
Old 01-26-2017, 11:22 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson2228 View Post
Did you just get a cheap universal remote to control the two or do you use 2 different remotes to control the tv and then the audio. Is the tv above the sink and outside also bad on audio?
I use Logitech Harmony remotes. I like that you can program activities Like satellite, blu-ray, dvd with or without surround, and it turns on only what is needed and sets the inputs correctly. All the other tvs seem to sound ok. It may be because there is more space behind them and with the speakers in the rear of the tv, you get a speaker box effect.

AL
1997 F-350 CC PSD
Old 01-27-2017, 07:58 PM   #31

The studs cannot be thicker due to weight issues. Can you imagine how much it would weight if the studs would be 2x4? There would be no weight space for the owners stuff. The chassis specs limits how much what is atop of it weights.

Tags
coachmen