Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2016, 02:46 PM   #1

Coach net roadside assistance

As a new purchase owner, I am wondering about this first year Coach Net Roadside assistance which is supposed to be included in the purchase. Does Forest River actually honor this because I have not received anything from them stating otherwise such as a membership number, etc. ? Have any of yall new purchase owners received anything?
Blue OX
cberlanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:52 PM   #2
Site Team

As I recall, it took a while for the info to arrive. The dealer has to send the info in then it has to be processed. This is a very busy time of year for new RV purchases so it may take a while.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:15 PM   #3
World Wide Wanderer

I have an email from Coachnet and I seem to recall seeing something in the owner's packet.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:25 PM   #4

It takes a while but you should get something in the mail if your dealer sent it in as they should.
Canadiancrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:01 AM   #5

dont get your hope up

I tried to use coachnet when our hydraulics failed in San Antonio. since the were failed in the up position and I couldn't level out they wanted me to interrupt my vacation and take It to a shop instead of letting a mobile service fix it in place. its a waste in my opinion.
inks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:24 PM   #6

Timely thread. At around noon on Friday, I Ran over some metal and had a major flat this last weekend heading from home (Valencia, CA) to Carpinteria State Beach out the I-5 to state route 126. Right-rear outer tire, the RV started making some noise and the TPMS (tire minder) went off. Pulled over immediately and no RV damage. Big hole in the tire, like a 1" failure. Called Progressive Insurance for road side assistance, they said 4.5 hours for a tow to Ventura 12-13 miles away and they had no idea as to a tire service at 6:00 pm.

Called a mobile truck tire service and they replaced the tire in a few hours, $605 for the Goodyear G670 245 R/19.5 tire and road call.

The rig didn't come with a spare or jack or anything. IF I do an extended trip to Alaska or something, I'm going to consider a spare bolted to the ladder, and an electric impact wrench, I think the hydraulic levelers could get it off the ground.

I've filed a claim with Progressive for lack of timely service, we'll see if I get anything.

Oh, I left out another tid bit, After I got to Carpinteria State Beach a guy backed his RV into the adjacent space and bent the crap out of my awning. About $1,700 to replace the arms, the nice thing is that he lives in my city and we agreed on the repair facility. He's contacting his insurance carrier.
Hugh R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:55 AM   #7

My cards came just the other day, about 3 weeks after the purchase.
stewbinoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:11 AM   #8

My cards came almost 3 months after I picked up my trailer.

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:24 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh R View Post
Timely thread. At around noon on Friday, I Ran over some metal and had a major flat this last weekend heading from home (Valencia, CA) to Carpinteria State Beach out the I-5 to state route 126. Right-rear outer tire, the RV started making some noise and the TPMS (tire minder) went off. Pulled over immediately and no RV damage. Big hole in the tire, like a 1" failure. Called Progressive Insurance for road side assistance, they said 4.5 hours for a tow to Ventura 12-13 miles away and they had no idea as to a tire service at 6:00 pm.

Called a mobile truck tire service and they replaced the tire in a few hours, $605 for the Goodyear G670 245 R/19.5 tire and road call.

The rig didn't come with a spare or jack or anything. IF I do an extended trip to Alaska or something, I'm going to consider a spare bolted to the ladder, and an electric impact wrench, I think the hydraulic levelers could get it off the ground.

I've filed a claim with Progressive for lack of timely service, we'll see if I get anything.

Oh, I left out another tid bit, After I got to Carpinteria State Beach a guy backed his RV into the adjacent space and bent the crap out of my awning. About $1,700 to replace the arms, the nice thing is that he lives in my city and we agreed on the repair facility. He's contacting his insurance carrier.
Thread is about Coach-Net.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:05 PM   #10

spare

HughR--please look and think carefully before bolting a spare tire and wheel to the ladder !!!

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbonz View Post
HughR--please look and think carefully before bolting a spare tire and wheel to the ladder !!!
What's this have to do with the original thread?
Blue OX
Old 07-22-2016, 08:43 PM   #12

not relevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cberlanga View Post
What's this have to do with the original thread?
Read Hugh R post and see if you can see where he mentioned spare tire!!!

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 10:46 PM   #13

It does take a while for everything to be processed. It was about 3 or 4 weeks before we got our info.

I already had CoachNet, so I called them to see if they would just extend my current membership. I had a higher level membership than the stock plan included by Forest River and they couldn't extend it.

BUT they offered to cancel my present membership, refund unused portion and then for $70 upgrade the Forest River free membership to the same level I presently have.
This all meant that I got a year of the higher membership for about $50 (after refund). Great deal.

When you get your stuff I would call and ask about upgrading as it will include any car you drive plus the RV.

I have used CoachNet twice and both times service was exceptional. One instance they approved a tow approx 75 miles.

Everyone is good at something... I happen to be a good bad example.
Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 10:48 PM   #14

Tbonz:

I looked at it and figured out pretty quick that bolting a tire to the ladder was a very bad idea. Thanks for the concern!
Old 07-23-2016, 05:07 AM   #15

I gave up on Coachmen after several calls and emails, they do not reply to me. I already have Good Sam from my previous motorhome still in effect. It has been 3 months so I figure it has fallen thru the crack.
Blue OX
Old 07-23-2016, 07:14 AM   #16
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cberlanga View Post
I gave up on Coachmen after several calls and emails, they do not reply to me. I already have Good Sam from my previous motorhome still in effect. It has been 3 months so I figure it has fallen thru the crack.
Coachmen or CoachNet? Two different entities I believe.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:12 AM   #17

That would be Coachmen. I emailed CoachNet and they replied it has to initiated from them.
Blue OX