Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2018, 05:02 PM   #1

Angry Coachmen Concord slides

I have a 2010 Concord 300TS and am un@ble to find the slide controller. Can anyone help.
Thanks

2010 Concord 300TS
Ford V10
Maple Bay, BC
Alan Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:11 AM   #2
World Wide Wanderer

I have a 300DS one of mine is mounted to the side wall in the rear storage compartment on the left side. The other one I believe is mounted in the compartment directly under the main slide, to the top of inside of the comparment. They have black plastic covers over them. What brand/type of slide mechanism do you have? Mine are the Schwintek Inwall slides. I have the silver tracks on the sides of the slides.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:18 AM   #3

Thanks Aaron, I will take a closer look. I have the Schwintek system also.

2010 Concord 300TS
Ford V10
Maple Bay, BC
Alan Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 12:47 PM   #4
BOBDAWG

Slide Controlers

We have a 2016 300TS and they are on the top of the compartments under the slides.
Bob
bobdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:29 PM   #5

new 2018 300DSC

Hello, I bought a Concord 300 DSC , I pick it up Monday, just wanted to know what I should look for during my PDI? Any common problems, Thanks...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:52 PM   #6
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Hello, I bought a Concord 300 DSC , I pick it up Monday, just wanted to know what I should look for during my PDI? Any common problems, Thanks...
Everything! Make sure it ALL works.

Aaron [emoji41]

Old 05-17-2018, 04:29 PM   #7

Thanks yes it's my 5th unit, not to much can get by me. Wondering about things like the generator , junk Shiwntec slides, and transfer switch. Also the big foot, had the Lippert 6 pt. , never a generator or this leveling system, and not a fan of that slide system, comments would be appreciative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Everything! Make sure it ALL works.

Aaron [emoji41]

Old 05-17-2018, 04:31 PM   #8

Have you had any problems with your 2016? All RVS have problems, i hope no major ones.

Old 05-17-2018, 04:48 PM   #9
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Have you had any problems with your 2016? All RVS have problems, i hope no major ones.
Nothing major. I have found it isn't usually the components that are the problem, it is substandard installation. One issue that I am aware of, but haven't rectified, yet, is the lack of an air intake vent in the door for the generator. In high temps, above 95° or so if you aren't moving you will get a thermal shutdown. I have no problem with Schwintec slides, the main issue is they only have an 1/8" of tolerance in any direction, most manufacturers seem to think 1" is good enough [emoji849]

Aaron [emoji41]

Old 05-17-2018, 05:32 PM   #10

Thank you for your response and time, i see you live in NC, i live in Virginia, no dealers by me, I'm going to SC. To pick it up. I did talk to the factory, they told me, i can take it to anyone or call a mobile person and the will just reimburse me just send them the bill, i dont need to get pre authorized. That was a big plus for me in choosing Coachmen. I think there is a dealer or 2 in NC but either had the model I wanted. Still they are over 200 miles from me. FR gave me the dealers. I READ there is only 46 cb ft. Of outside storage do you find that it is enough I know everyone wants more? T/u again for your time and advice.

Old 05-17-2018, 05:40 PM   #11
World Wide Wanderer

Storage can be tight, also need to watch weight distribution. Last time I weighed we were loaded for a full week. We were 500# under on gross and 200# over the rear axle weight. We probably had more water on board than necessary. Another "issue" there are two grey water tanks. Unfortunately the shower and kitchen sink feed into one. It can limit boondocking/dry camping. I plan on putting a line between the tanks to allow them to equalize, then we should be able to go for close to a week.

Where are you going in SC? I live near Fayetteville/Fort Bragg about 30 minutes off of I-95.

Aaron [emoji41]

Old 05-17-2018, 06:45 PM   #12

It's in Ridgeland off of 95, at the Hilton Head turn off. I have stayed at Fort Bragg before, if I recall the GPS said 310 miles. Thanks on the weight, most of my stuff is light, i dont plan on carrying all the tools I had and extra motors for everything. That is were I gained weight fast, now it's mostly volume I'm going to have to worry about. Thanks for all the info, you have been a help, safe travels to you and yours....[emoji16][emoji196]

Old 05-17-2018, 06:53 PM   #13
BOBDAWG

Smile Concord checks

We have a 2016 Concord 300ts and love it after the bugs got taken care of. If you have automatic leveling jacks, have them set them to level. If you have a satellite dish, i would subscribe there and check the picture on all tv's. Nit pick all cosmetic items. We had a terrible squeak above cab, see if they will let you take it for a drive at highway speeds. If you go to the menu bar above the forums, you will see comMunities, click on that and you will see Concord owners social group. There is a wealth of potential Concord info there.
bobdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:07 PM   #14

Thanks alot for your advice , we have set up a test drive already with the PDI. I know after all the trailers I have bought to expect some minor adjustments but I hope I find nothing big or they know I will walk, they been going through it now for a week is what they have said. Looking forward to Monday.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:33 AM   #15
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
It's in Ridgeland off of 95, at the Hilton Head turn off. I have stayed at Fort Bragg before, if I recall the GPS said 310 miles. Thanks on the weight, most of my stuff is light, i dont plan on carrying all the tools I had and extra motors for everything. That is were I gained weight fast, now it's mostly volume I'm going to have to worry about. Thanks for all the info, you have been a help, safe travels to you and yours....[emoji16][emoji196]
Those are the clowns we purchased ours from. Make sure they get the paperwork right! Took 6 months plus for us to get our permanent tags from them. Seems they left all of the paperwork in the RV. Including the Certificate of Origin!

Another thing to double check, make sure the dash unit plays CD's, there was an issue with that in the past, they forgot to remove a shipping screw. I have the bulletin on it somewhere. I am going to PM you my email and cellphone number, if you have questions or need anything give me a shout.

Aaron

Old 05-18-2018, 11:04 AM   #16

Thank you again, i have been writing down everyone's recommendations on little things to look for, as we all know a PDI can become over whelming with all the new information, we found a KOA about 15 miles away where we will go, so I'll be close if I need to return the next day, if I have to I will spend 2 days there before I make the trip home. Aaron, thanks for the offer of the wire diagram, that's a plus. I have asked FR for one on my last 4 units, and they have always refused to send me one saying " it depends on who wired it" come on FR. Thanks also for the offer to call you, don't be surprised if you get one. I haven't changed my signature line yet, don't want to Jinx anything. Leaving home Sunday to get there and pick it up...[emoji16][emoji196]

Tags
slide