Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2020, 09:50 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood2Cook View Post
Grabbed a picture of the hitch for you. Shows the short wire harness connecting the 4 pin to 7 pin plug also.
The receiver is 12 inches off the ground.
Trying to figure out how your receiving is only 12" off the ground when mine appears to be much much lower... maybe it's just a trick of the camera angle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190126_123509.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	425.2 KB
ID:	223882
plutoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 11:27 AM   #82

Mini Strainer

The Flo-Jet mini strainer attached to my water pump started leaking. I replace it with a new strainer from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Flojet+01...+Mini-Strainer

Real easy to replace. Hardest part is holding up the bed while you replace it. I saw water coming from under the bed area and running down past the sink. I did not realize that I could have just removed it and hooked the inlet pipe directly to the pump while I waited for the new one to arrive.
hummelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 05:08 PM   #83

Two gray tanks

On my 2019 20cb the tank in the rear under the shower is the shower holding tank. The forward gray tank goes to the sinks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood2Cook View Post
My 20CB is configured thus:
-Aux 14 gal (forward tank) is filled by the shower only.
-Grey 14 gal (rear, below the shower) is filled by the bath and kitchen sinks.
The tanks are not plumbed to each other.
If when one is full the only way to move grey to the not full tank is is to go to the dump valves, open both Grey and Aux and let gravity re-distribute. Close both valves before dumping.
Hope this helps.
Wood2cook
RMLONDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 08:47 AM   #84

Wiring Eating Rodent

-"Mouse ate part of the engine wiring harness at the back of the drivers side head (cam position sensor wiring) Was just able to strip and extend the wires a little to fix".

Re-reading this thread, now two years old, this exact same problem happened to us. But, there was a HUGH difference. That difference was that I found a 3" length of wiring on the ground under the engine. Yes, chewed clean on both ends!

This had happened over the winter. I discovered the length of wire after I moved the rig from it's winter resting position. Also, I got an engine light warning light as soon as I started the engine. I hooked up my code reader and got the same Cam Position Sensor reading. Expletives abounded!

I got the wiring repaired at a Ford Heavy Truck Repair Shop. $$$, but ultimately worth it. Afterward, I was able reach back to all that wiring and wrap it with lengths aluminum house gutter mesh that comes in a roll, and zip tie it. Has worked so far.

Our yard has many trees. I think the culprit was due to a red squirrel (smaller and nastier). It's our observation that they are more destructive than grays. I got serious about thinning out the squirrels and have dispatched dozens since the wiring chewing incident.
Old 06-07-2022, 06:42 PM   #85

Sorry for the old bump, I haven't found many other threads about the 20CB and used this for ideas - if there is a better space/dedicated forum please let me know.

I saw a lot of folks struggling with the 6V golf cart battery upgrade which I cannot recommend highly enough, so I made this video. Hope it helps somebody else, took about 5 minutes to modify the battery box and any shop should be able to do this for under $50:

https://youtu.be/kYNCszk7fRE
Justins311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 02:11 PM   #86

Wondering if anyone has used some type of levelling jack on their 20cb micro? We encountered several campgrounds that had sites horribly out of level so much that I couldn’t get levelled up with my onboard gear( plywood and2x material) I’m not looking for stabilizers but a type of jack for the eventuality of encountering that again. 6” in two directions is just far too much to attempt .
Maurice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 08:41 PM   #87

Coachman Freelander 20cb

I carry a stack of interlocking square levelers as well as 4 graduated ramp levelers. The ramps do most of my leveling . I use a simple 2 way bubble level on the counter near the entry door. Don’t b afraid of only jacking one of the dual wheels leaving the inside one floating.
BrianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 11:05 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice1 View Post
Wondering if anyone has used some type of levelling jack on their 20cb micro? We encountered several campgrounds that had sites horribly out of level so much that I couldn’t get levelled up with my onboard gear( plywood and2x material) I’m not looking for stabilizers but a type of jack for the eventuality of encountering that again. 6” in two directions is just far too much to attempt .
Personally, I've never have needed any form of jack. My leveling block set up are scrap pieces of 2x6's that I made to interlock, with a couple of pieces of 1/2" ply in the mix if needed. We've owned our 2016 20CB since new.

Tags
coachmen