Old 07-13-2016, 06:55 PM   #41
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjSpeedwagon View Post
Our worst area for heat is cab area I ordered a roll of the double bubble reflective stuff. ( can't think of right name ) but anyhow gonna cut to fit for front windshield and both side door Windows I let Moho heat up over 100 degrees inside. Threw on both ac's and with in 2 hrs inside temp was 73 and falling. No cover on windshield just bare glass. Impressed me. Outside temp ambeant was 102 and sun was full on Moho so with insulation block in windshield and side glass. I think 2nd ac gonna give us what ever temp we need
I built some cab window covers out of Reflectix (got mine at Lowes) I need to get a bigger roll and do the side windows too. I bought it years ago for my popup ends and it worked great in my Airstream to limit the heat coming in through the windows.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:56 AM   #42
Land of the Midnightsun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
I built some cab window covers out of Reflectix (got mine at Lowes) I need to get a bigger roll and do the side windows too. I bought it years ago for my popup ends and it worked great in my Airstream to limit the heat coming in through the windows.

Aaron
I'm anxious to get ours done. That info u gave about Moho skin temp was really neat. The temps are shocking I figured with our darker colors we were hanging on to some extra heat. But all in all sitting in the heat it is still impressive that one ac can cool down to 83-84 degrees basically in 140 degree sun

Elite Ready Brutte tow bar & Blue Ox base plate
Never mistake Knowledge for Wisdom. One helps you make a living the other help you make a LIFE.
jjSpeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:28 PM   #43
World Wide Wanderer

That excess heat on the dark paint is one of the main reasons I plan to insulate that front cap fairly soon. It also tells me why I was getting interior temp readings in the cabinets in the area of over 120. Love the color scheme, just surprised at the amount of heat it is holding.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen