Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2018, 08:51 PM   #1

Coachmen Mirada 37LS Quality

I do hope Coachmen reads this forum. 2017 Mirada...our maiden voyage we had the TV in the living room fail. Replacement from Best Buy. Removed the original TV from the wall. To my horror I found a hole in the wall that was made with a hammer to run TWO FRIGGIN WIRES....110V power and cable coax. The gapping hole was huge....thank you Coachmen....what else did your quality control miss....
ENGINEER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 05:47 AM   #2
World Wide Wanderer

Cordless drill battery was dead...

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:34 AM   #3

Mirada

It will only get worse. We have a mirada too and we regret buying it. Horrendous quality control. Just wait you will find lots more stuff. There is a facebook group for mirada owners too, we were just talking this morning about all the features they just simply didn't wire up...
manderson2228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:23 PM   #4
Site Team

Since this Forum has no affiliation with FR Inc., which includes Coachmen, I doubt if this thread will do what you hope it will.

Plus we only have about 5 members that are FR employees and none of them work for Coachmen.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 03:24 PM   #5

Trust me... even if they were here they wouldn't care. That is the general attitude i got when dealing with them.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:05 PM   #6

Quality Control

I have a 2017 Mirada Select BH and found a lot of quality control issues. But I also talked to owners of $500,000 units have most have reported issues with theirs one of them on their first outing their kitchen cabinets fell off the wall. On the interior TV behind the slide out I removed the factory TV and installed a Samsung Smart TV on a Moryder swing arm, one of the best mods I have done.
surfnkona2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:11 PM   #7

Coachmen Mirada Select Poor Quality

Also have a 2017 Coachmen Mirada Select LSF model. I thought I did my homework, and screwed up big time on this one. The quality is horrible, and have even posted video's up on YouTube to warn others. I went with the higher quality (LoL!) Select model, wood floors and shinny cabinets, only to have those wood floors start to separate and come up at the edges. The dealer has replaced now twice, and given up on any other fixes for this.

I have been going back and forth with Tim Buss, Warranty Manager for Class A models, and he's actually be somewhat responsive for sending replacement parts, but enough is enough. I have a min-warehouse of old parts and flooring. My RV just came off of warranty a few days ago, and sure enough, the furnace failed, I have a small leak behind the outside water filter.

My cabinets, which are basically plastic faux wood with solid wood doors, are now all bubbling and cannot be fixed. Tim Buss wanted to pick up my RV and drive it back to Elkhart IN (2800 mi one way) in the middle of winter with all of their snow issues, do repairs, and drive it back. Like I really want another 5000 miles wear & tear on the coach! And they didn't even want to reimburse me for that! Would not ship on a flat bed truck & trailer.

I'm trying to find ways of warning others.

Forest River, who stand by their pledge of "Quality Second to None" are nothing but liars, and are only interested in getting your money, then abandoning you.

Just saying...
Mirada_Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:42 PM   #8

They Offered to Fix It

While I understand your frustrations....they actually offered to pick your coach up and really take care of the problems but you refused their offer. IMO you really can't complain about not standing behind the product. Not sure why you didn't just postpone their offer until the spring? Shipping a 13 ft tall unit on a "flatbed" really won't work with 14'6" highway bridge clearances.

Since my post about the gapping hole behind the TV, Coachmen stepped up and really took care of the problem via our local dealer.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:56 PM   #9

Liability

While Coachmen offered to pick it up and "Drive" it 2800 miles to their factory, the liability for any and all damages to the coach, or anything the RV hit was all on me. Let's say they total the RV, it cost me $142k out the door, I would have only been reimbursed by MY insurance company $96k. Coachmen would not postpone anytime past my warranty date of 4/17/18, and as you know, their weather & road conditions have been horrible. My insurance company (AAA) stated they would not cover a non-family driver.

The dealer was a joke, and even took it to a RV repair only shop Coachmen recommended, and they did even more damage, and could not repair things like the faux wood bubbling because Coachmen would not approve the cost of a cabinet maker. They instead opted to just put some wood colored tape over it.
I had a cabinet fall off the wall above the passengers seat, and they made me wait a month before hanging it back on with a couple of drywall screws.

My RV has been in the shop a combined total of two and a half months. Not like I didn't let they try.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:47 PM   #10

I have the regular not select mirada and i am shocked honestly that at the 150k price point that the select is at it still has these crappy cabinets. I asked my dealer to get me a roll of this stupid wood tape to has as a spare. Good to see Tim Buss at least acting like he wants to help someone, guy was absolutely useless for us.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:31 AM   #11

There is talk of the Chinese and Koreans getting into US RV manufacturing. Is this the end of the US made RVs? Will they go the way of US made cars? One thing you can bet on is the quality level going up!
TheRVPhD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:59 AM   #12

Quality Control

I believe the biggest issue is the lack of oversight of the RV industry at the Federal level. What ISO standards do they apply? Are any ISO certified? The boating industry went thru this same stuff until the consumer market turned on them and now it’s a 100% turn around.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:18 AM   #13

Coachmen in general is low quality. We have a Pursuit and I regret it now. We are looking at getting out of it and going with a DP.
Blue OX
cberlanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:53 AM   #14

Coachmen Poor Quality & Lies

Good luck with trying to return it. I tried to get Coachmen to inspect my new Mirada Select here where I live in California, but they refused. Asked them to replace it with a different unit, and no response. Multiple certified letters to Fores River asking for help went unanswered.

In their sales videos and flyers, they state "Quality Second to None", which is a complete lie. The dealer basically abandons the buyer once they have your money, so going after them is a waist of time. I tried to file a Lemon Law suit, but the multiple lawyers I contacted stated that Coachmen knows how to get around these by offering to have your unit repaired at their facility in Elkhart IN. Unless you live fairly close to Indiana, most people like me here in California, can't and don't want to risk the liability and wear & tear of having some contractor drive the RV 1000's of miles with no guarantee that Coachmen will repair it correctly. Seen several post here on RF Forums stating people have dropped off their RV's at Coachmen's Class A shop, only to have it returned worse off and more damage than when they brought it in. Tim Buss, Warranty Manager at Coachmen, who at first took care of some of my issues, eventually ignored further emails and calls once the RV failures started to mount and were more costly.

I have started posting videos of my Mirada on YouTube to warn others about how bad they are. I've been able to reach out via social media and have actually been thanked by people, over 20 now, looking at buying Coachmen, saving them from the pain that I'm (we) are going through.

I hope that you are able to return and find something with better quality (Tiffin), and are able to live the RVing life without having to worry about the next breakdown with your Coachmen.

Keep us up to date...
Old 06-19-2018, 12:07 PM   #15

I would never buy a Coachmen. Not even for $29,000.00. Allot of bad reports.
TheHappyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen, quality