Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-25-2016, 02:33 AM   #1
Site Team

Coachmen vs Coachman

Howdy Coachmen owners. One of the site team's duties is to make sure thread titles have correct spellings, since they show up in searches.

We see several thread titles with Coachman instead of Coachmen, which we change.

Just to be sure, there isn't any kind of FR coach actually named Coachman, is there?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 07:13 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

No; just Coachmen.

Coachman is a job; Coachmen is an adventure ...
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 07:42 AM   #3
Site Team

Running a check, which includes all Coachmen listings (not just motorhomes)...there are 57 members who have it spelled Coachman (with an a) in their siglines, and 249 members who have Coachman (with an a) as their RV model in their profile.

This isn't near as big a deal as thread titles, but it does mess up any person who may be searching for Coachmen owners to help with a brand specific problem....since the search engine will not return results on Coachman, if Coachmen is entered.

FYI, if anyone is interested, there are 200 members who have it spelled Coachmen in their siglines, and 563 members with Coachmen in their RV model profile.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:56 AM   #4

Someone must of had a boring day yesterday. Lol. Job creation-now you can go back and correct all them.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 09:09 AM   #5

We just bought a CoachmEn trailer a couple of weeks ago and my wife asked me how to spell it.
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 09:38 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Someone must of had a boring day yesterday. Lol. Job creation-now you can go back and correct all them.

Russell
The thread titles are as far as the site team's responsibility goes with this. Siglines and profiles are up to the individual members.

Like I said, they are not as important as thread titles, and only mess up those trying to seek out fellow Coachmen owners using search engine parameters.

I am also too lazy to change 250 profiles.

Old 12-26-2016, 09:40 AM   #7

I Think I got it right in my sig and searches, but never thought to do a search using ''Coachman'' with the a, might have harvested some more results.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:25 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
I but never thought to do a search using ''Coachman'' with the a, might have harvested some more results.
Exactly, which is why it would be best if those with Coachmen RV's might check to see if it's spelled correct either in their sigline or profile under RV make. It would greatly help those doing a search for Coachmen specific things.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:29 AM   #9
Certified Curmudgeon

Don't forget to include the politically correct version:
COACHPEOPLE
Old 04-18-2017, 01:50 PM   #10

are there any COACHWOMEN out there?
robjordan406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:08 PM   #11
Just A Member

I had it wrong in my profile but fixed it awhile ago.
2013 Silverado 1500 4x4 6.2L Max Tow
EDABEUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:14 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Running a check, which includes all Coachmen listings (not just motorhomes)...there are 57 members who have it spelled Coachman (with an a) in their siglines, and 249 members who have Coachman (with an a) as their RV model in their profile.

This isn't near as big a deal as thread titles, but it does mess up any person who may be searching for Coachmen owners to help with a brand specific problem....since the search engine will not return results on Coachman, if Coachmen is entered.

FYI, if anyone is interested, there are 200 members who have it spelled Coachmen in their siglines, and 563 members with Coachmen in their RV model profile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDABEUT View Post
I had it wrong in my profile but fixed it awhile ago.
Good deal, Now I can say there are 248 members who have Coachman in their profile and 564 with Coachmen.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:40 PM   #13

HeeHee. I actually figured this out cause I'm one of those nerds. People make it singular because it sounds better. I drive a Coachmen doesn't sound​ correct.
wherewolf17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:30 AM   #14

I can handle Coachmen but the dang Sportscoach gets me. The S in the middle!
Sanibel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:28 AM   #15

Quote:
Howdy Coachmen owners. One of the site team's duties is to make sure thread titles have correct spellings, since they show up in searches.

We see several thread titles with Coachman instead of Coachmen, which we change.

Just to be sure, there isn't any kind of FR coach actually named Coachman, is there?
Well, I picked up our new Concord 300 DSC, last Tuesday 5/22/18. I'm worried that I knew more then the PDI guy. This is or 5th FR product but first Coachmen/Forest River M/H. Long story short I ordered a Ford Chassis and ended up with the Chevy. I did not get any manuals on anything. Now I'm looking them all up on the internet putting my library together. I know I will have questions and I guess this will be the place to ask. until then just wanted to introduce ourselves to the group... don't know why I cant post our picture, its not coming up to do?

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:46 PM   #16

Coachmen Concord 300TS

Looking for pros and cons with a Concord 300TS on a Chevy chassis. Currently have a Forester 2501 with a Chevy chassis. No problems with it, just looking for more room.
nuruls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:01 AM   #17
Site Team

I was just running a search on thread titles, to possibly correct ones that have coachman instead of coachmen.

Saw a good bit of members who had their owner registries with it incorrectly spelled coachman.

Just posting this as a reminder, that they may want to change it, so others can search correctly on coachmen.

Old 11-08-2018, 01:11 AM   #18
Site Team

Quote:

Just to update this again, since it's been a few years. There are now 354 members who have it spelled incorrectly in their profile with 88 of those members having joined since Christmas of 2016 when this thread was first started. 76 now have it incorrect in their siglines.

811 members do have it spelled correct in their profile as RV brand.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:45 AM   #19

yes, I used to have a ForrestRiver myself, then a Integra, and now a Newman : )
Some friends have a Tiffen, but another has a Newall : )
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:26 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
yes, I used to have a ForrestRiver myself, then a Integra, and now a Newman : )
Some friends have a Tiffen, but another has a Newall : )
You don't have any Friends with a "R Stream"? Youroo!!

Tags
coachmen