Old 10-15-2015, 07:00 PM   #1
Concord 300DS

Been shopping for Class C rvs. We typically dry camp at race tracks for 1-3 days at a time. Looking hard at the Concord 300DS. Have read lots about the Ford chassis / v-10 engine in the E-450. Some claim the engine is very loud and generates lots of heat in the cockpit. Not interested in the Chevy chassis. Any current 300DS owners have comments to these items? I would probably be towing a Jeep Liberty or Wrangler with it. Specs would seem to indicate this is well within capacity of the chassis. Thoughts?

OakHillFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 04:14 PM   #2
Well, back to the drawing board. Went to a dealer that had a 300DS and a 300TS on the lot to do physical walk thru / comparison. I could not stand in the shower without hitting the roof and could not move my arms much with the shower door closed. Not too happy with that. Then sat in the drivers seat. Felt like I was in a kids car. Figured out that the seat base is mounted closer to the front of the cab if equipped with the swivel seat option. Sat in a Lexington that did not have the swivel seat option, and was able to adjust front to back comfortably. The Lexington had the same problem with the lack of room in the shower and, at least this one, had serious fit and finish issues both inside and out. Very disappointed overall. The search continues.

OakHillFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:31 PM   #3
Former Full Timer
I had the same problem with the C's which is how we ended up with an A and saved $'s to boot.
The recipe for perpetual ignorance is:
Be satisfied with your opinions
and content with your knowledge.
Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote