Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2018, 03:39 PM   #1

Concord 300DS slide issue

The small bedroom slide on my 2016 300DS is acting strange and I'm trying to chase down what is happening so I can try to correct it. Does anyone know how or where I can access the slide motor(s)?

What happens is as I start to move it out, the back side stops for a second or so...the slide cocks a bit...then it extends on out. As the front stops fully extended, the back continues to push until it's fully extended as well.

Same thing when bringing it back in, the back pulls in first until it's cocked a bit...then whole slide moves in...once back edge hits home it stops and the front edge moves in until fully in.

This is fairly new and I'd like to see what is going on and fix before it leaves me stranded somewhere with a non-functioning slide. The problem is, for the life of me I can not see how to get to where the slide motor(s) may be? Is there something else I should be looking at as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:11 PM   #2
World Wide Wanderer

Sounds like it has slipped timing a bit.

Here is a video on how to re time the slides.

You can access the motors when the slide is out, they near the top of the slide behind the seals. Not easy to get to.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:34 PM   #3

Thanks Aaron, that was it and the fix worked like a Champ!!

It wouldn't re-time itself on the fully out side, but once I ran it all the way in and then in and out 8" or so 3 times it was spot on once again.

Get your inverter installed yet?
Old 09-06-2018, 06:15 PM   #4
World Wide Wanderer

Glad that worked for you

Haven't gotten to the inverter yet. Work has been killing me this year. Most years I don't get my Delta Sliver until November, I may make Gold this year. Made Silver by the end of June.

Also in the middle of a couple of remodeling projects on the home place, two kitchens, siding and some grading work.

At least I get to go camping one weekend a month!

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:05 PM   #5

Slide

And if it is like the one I had you will have to retime it frequently..One side will creep out while on the road.
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide