Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2016, 07:52 AM   #1

Concord 300DS slide outs stopped working

I just traveled from Minneapolis to Richmond, VA, to Portland, ME without a hitch. This morning I went out to my motorhome to get some clothes (staying with relatives) and tried to push out the bedroom slide out. Nothing. Tried the front slide out. Nothing. It looks like the fuses are all good and everything else works fine. Anybody have any ideas?
richardelarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:20 AM   #2

Check your electric panel where main fuses are. If like my Lexi, should be by the entry step, just inside the door on left. In addition to fuses, there should be a circuit breaker that is re-settable. Very small black push reset switch on side of breaker. If switch is out, simply push in to reset.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:30 AM   #3
Citrus County, Fl.

This may sound dumb, but did you make sure the ignition switch is not on. Slide won't do a thing if it is. Don't ask how I know.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:14 AM   #4

I looked at the breaker box. Mine is under the fridge. Just looked and it has breakers and fuses but no resettable.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:34 PM   #5

There is probably another fuse under the camper just for the slide out. Mine is located near the front of the camper to the right as I look towards the hitch. There are wired running under there and one has a green small rubber box. The box pulls apart and there's a fuse in it. When my slide out stopped that was the cause.
podfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:35 PM   #6

Fixed it. I found the slide out control board inside the small compartment next to the generator compartment. It was mounted on the ceiling of the compartment so I hadn't noticed it before. Noticed the box had no indicator lights lite so decided there was no power to it. (Makes sense). I followed the power wires back to the battery storage compartment which is under the top entry step. In there is where the main power splits off to various devices including the main power breaker/fuse panel. I found two 5 amp fuse holders. One was fine and the other was blown. No idea why it was blown but after replacing the fuse both slide outs worked fine.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:36 PM   #7
World Wide Wanderer

Good! Now I don't have to go look for it!

I need to get my wiring diagrams from Coachmen, it would make trouble shooting things like this so much easier.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:08 PM   #8

Good luck with that Aaron. Based on the wiring I've seen on my unit my guess is they don't have any wiring diagrams. I'm pretty sure they just send people in and say "go wire this stuff up". Every time I work on something I have to get out the tu wraps and tape and organize what's there. Doesn't seem like there was much planning.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:08 PM   #9

Another thing I learned is the power for the slide outs is NOT on the main 12 volt switch. In addition the same 12 volt power that does the slides is also the power for the CO/Propane detector. We've had fits with that thing going off for no reason at all and the only thing you can do is press the button which gives you 3 minutes before it goes off again. Need to disconnect the power to "re-set" it and all is fine. So, I put a 12 volt rocker switch above the detector so I can simply turn it off momentarily and back on to re-set it. Just have to remember to turn it back on!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Tags
slide, slide out