Old 08-12-2018, 03:08 PM   #1
World Wide Wanderer

Concord Leaks

Well after something approaching a foot of rain in the past couple of weeks I have developed 2-3 leaks. Good news (more or less) is that they are small and easily fixed.

We have had an intermittent leak at the stove hood, turns out it only leaks when the rain drives in on that side. I was able to isolate that to the fact that the foam gasket is not fully compressed on the outside vent cover (screws are stripped). While I was in there I noticed that the bottom of it was cracked, a new one is on order. I will be installing it with sealant rather than a foam gasket. Next one up is on the door, which BTW IS NOT made out of Azdel. Apparently the ham fisted installers are the factory have never heard of not over torquing screws. Roughly half the screws are stripped, allowing the frame to separate and water to seep in. Currently have it covered with tape to keep any more water from getting in. I will either add sealant and use oversized screws or replace the entire assembly with a clear window and shade. The other leak is at the right upper clearance light, it had gone out and was full of water. Again the lovely foam gasket and the sealant on the back of it had failed, probably due to someone yanking on the wires during installation. I found the manufacturer and ordered a few. I will be reinstalling them with proper sealant. We are getting a new shelter ordered for the RV this week, should be here in 2-3 weeks which will go a long ways on cutting down on some of these issues. On close observation I am seeing that all the windows, and cargo hatches are installed with the cheesy foam gaskets, that is going to be remedied. They might work great for a year or two, but are going to cause issues down the road.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:07 PM   #2

Sorry to hear about the leaks for a 2016 unit. Wish you well. Please keep us abreast on how it goes.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak