Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2015, 09:07 AM   #21

Up North, Yes the automatic leveling system was a must have for us as well. And we have the couch option too and I agree with GL1800Rider; you aren't going to get an adult on the jack knife couch unless it is a small adult! We could not be happier with our 319DS now. Good luck making your decision!
Marksha83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:44 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1800Rider View Post
Up North, when looking at a couch, bear in mind most of them are Jack Knife which are very uncomfortable to sleep on (in my opinion) The Sunseeker/Forester 3010/3011 have a hide a bed. Also, other things to consider are the fiberglass roof, Progressive Industries converter instead of the Chinese WFCO and the Atwood water heater that does not have the anode rod and has the 110 volt switch in the coach instead of at the heater.
All good points. Thank you. When all this started we were considering looking at a Jayco 29KS, a Forester 2861DS and lastly the Leprechaun 319DS. The must have on all of them is the outdoor kitchen, that is the starting point. After that things are flexible. I discovered that after researching for weeks on all these models and reading in the forums I could be talked in or out of any option. That told me I wasn't really ready to buy because I didn't really know what I wanted with the exception of the outdoor kitchen.
The floor plans in the Jayco and the Forester are virtually identical to the Leprechaun 292DS we have now.
When the wife seen the Leprechaun 319DS floor plan on the dealers web site she loved it. So many more options. Pop up tv, U shaped dinette, recliners, fire place swivel captains chairs etc. You know what they say, when the wife's happy everyone's happy!

All said and done we never physically went and looked at one of them. The closest we got was the Leprechaun the dealer is a little over 2 hours away. Lots of emails and phone calls went back and forth but we were a solid 6 thousand apart. Wasn't going to make the drive knowing we were that far apart.
So we pulled the plug and decided to wait until probably next spring when the dealers have some inventory on the lots.
Glad we did.
Up North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:44 PM   #23

Considering 2016 Leprechaun 319DS

We have a 2016 319dsf. Love it. Drain plug is behind plate at base of shower. Middle valve. We have the recliners and fireplace.
pvanderhulst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 06:40 AM   #24

Quote:
Up North, when looking at a couch, bear in mind most of them are Jack Knife which are very uncomfortable to sleep on (in my opinion) The Sunseeker/Forester 3010/3011 have a hide a bed. Also, other things to consider are the fiberglass roof, Progressive Industries converter instead of the Chinese WFCO and the Atwood water heater that does not have the anode rod and has the 110 volt switch in the coach instead of at the heater.
Now that you mention the one piece fiberglass roof which is on the Forester what exactly is the laminated TPO roof that Coachmen uses?
Old 09-26-2015, 03:06 PM   #25
Citrus County, Fl.

Thermoplasyic olefin, a combination of plastic, rubber and polyester. The Sunseeker also users fiberglass but is a lower trim level than the Forester using the same floor plan
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 04:11 PM   #26

Quote:
Thermoplasyic olefin, a combination of plastic, rubber and polyester. The Sunseeker also users fiberglass but is a lower trim level than the Forester using the same floor plan
So is a roof made of those materials good, bad or indifferent in your opinion compared to the one piece fiberglass roofs?
Old 09-27-2015, 08:27 PM   #27
Citrus County, Fl.

The rubber in the tpo roof may have a tenancy to shrink after a few years when exposed to the elements. The fiberglass is actually Filon which has been used on green houses for many years. Both are ok but the fiberglass roof will last longer in my opinion
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote