Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2015, 08:30 PM   #1

Considering 2016 Leprechaun 319DS

Considering this unit at my local dealer. My prior RV history has been Class C 25 ft without slides, and a towable 27 ft TT. Wife was adamant on this one, it better "drive and slide".

Really like the floor plan (full overhead bunk), dual recliners, pop up tv, full outdoor package (fridge, table w/sink, ent center). And it has slides and drives...on the Ford Chassis with levelers.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for this and all of the great help on reviewing the forums.

Terry
Carencro, LA
tjbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:50 PM   #2

Recalled by Coachmen?

Salesman calls me early this morning to say the one we had wanted was recalled, but he had the darker interior color interior available. (Everything else the same.)

Just wondering if that was fact or fiction? I've checked boards and have not seen anything on the 2016 Coachmen Leprechaun 319 DSF being recalled.

Thanks,

Terry
Old 08-26-2015, 10:04 PM   #3

Wife and I just bought the same one you are looking at except we have the couch instead of the recliners. This is our first RV and after looking at several different brands we really liked this one and the floor plan the best. Our first camping trip starts tomorrow! I looked it over and researched a lot before before buying it but we love it so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	380.5 KB
ID:	87030  
Marksha83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:51 AM   #4

Another 2016 319DS

We purchased this model, too, in early August, and we love it. We also have the couch, but $16K in other options, including the outside package (TV, stereo, fridge, table & sink). Drove it from Idaho back home to Iowa, and camped four nights in it along the way. Have camped two weeks since, and planning another two week trip in October.

No complaints, but have yet to find the drain for the fresh water tank. Currently, I open one of the valves in the side compartment near the slide-out table, turn on the pump, and run it dry that way.

Like you, we researched the dickens out of Class C's before signing the bottom line, and no regrets so far.

Coming home we crossed a number of mountain passes, including the Continental Divide twice, but still averaged 9.6 mpg, and ran interstate at 65 mph for most of the trip.

2016 Coachman Leprechaun, 319DS, Motorhome, Dodge Durango Toad
Badlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:06 PM   #5

Sounds like we got the same model as you with the outside package as well. Ours came with the Bigfoot leveling system too which so far is great. Only thing I have done so far was put the reversing switches on the two Fantastic fans so we could draw some air in on cooler days.

Yeah.....let me know if you find the fresh water drain plug! I honestly haven't looked too far for it yet. 9.6 MPG isn't too bad either!

Mark
Old 09-16-2015, 02:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands View Post
We purchased this model, too, in early August, and we love it. We also have the couch, but $16K in other options, including the outside package (TV, stereo, fridge, table & sink). Drove it from Idaho back home to Iowa, and camped four nights in it along the way. Have camped two weeks since, and planning another two week trip in October.

No complaints, but have yet to find the drain for the fresh water tank. Currently, I open one of the valves in the side compartment near the slide-out table, turn on the pump, and run it dry that way.

Like you, we researched the dickens out of Class C's before signing the bottom line, and no regrets so far.

Coming home we crossed a number of mountain passes, including the Continental Divide twice, but still averaged 9.6 mpg, and ran interstate at 65 mph for most of the trip.

Drain for fresh water tank is in removable panel under shower door.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2013leprechaun319dsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 06:36 PM   #7

This same unit just came on my radar today. Found one at a dealer within driving distance so imagine I will be going to look at it in the next week or so.
Can any one of you with the outdoor kitchen post a pic of it?
Had no idea the outdoor kitchen was a option on this unit and that is on our must have list.
Up North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 06:48 PM   #8

Pics

Outside kitchen
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	141
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	88937  
Old 09-16-2015, 06:49 PM   #9

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	161
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	88940  
Old 09-16-2015, 06:50 PM   #10

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	143
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	88941  
Old 09-16-2015, 07:26 PM   #11

Thank you for the pics! Very nice! Do you find it to be very functional?
Old 09-16-2015, 07:49 PM   #12

We love this option since we don't have to worry about packing a larger table to take with us. It takes like 2 seconds to pull out or put back in and it is very sturdy. It is also right next to the outside entertainment area. The fridge is nice too since we don't have to take a big cooler either. We just load it up with adult beverages.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:44 PM   #13

Well I showed the pictures of this unit that are on the dealers site to the wife tonight and she loves the floor plan! So we are getting excited about this unit now and may just wind up going to the dealer this weekend.
My intention wasn't to buy anything right now. I was going to personally visit the Jayco and Forester dealer to look at those units but everyone is out of inventory to look at. Except the Coachmen dealer. He has two of these in stock. One with full body paint and one without. Full body paint one has recliners the other has the couch but no kitchen. He says they can move the kitchen from the painted unit to the other one because that is on my must have list of options.
He's a bit high on his overall price compared to the others. I'm trying to get him to break out his cash price from what he's giving me for my trade.

I was and maybe still am going to order in February for delivery in April or so. That way I don't have a new motor home sitting in storage for 5 or 6 months with the clock ticking on the warranty.

So if this guy wants to move a motor home in late September in northern Minnesota he's going to have to sweeten the deal considerably.

Also this guy claims they offer a lifetime warranty. He claims because they are one of the top 50 dealers he is allowed to do this.
I'm guessing all your routine maintenance they refer to has to be done at the dealer. Sorry I'm not driving 150 miles to do an oil change.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:37 PM   #14

We also loved the floor plan on this model. We looked at a couple other brands including a Thor but when we saw this one my Wife was the same way, she loved it. We also were not going to purchase until next Spring, we were just looking around since this was our very first motorhome. The dealer we worked with in central Ohio was fantastic and went above and beyond to make us feel like family with no pressure at all. I traded a classic car in on it and he gave me what I wanted for it plus I got him to come down on his price too. All in all we could not be happier with it. We are headed out tomorrow for another weekend trip. Does either of the ones you are looking at have the swivel chairs in the cab or the Bigfoot leveling system? Ours have both and we liked that as well. Good luck!!
Old 09-17-2015, 08:07 PM   #15

They both have the swivel chairs but I'm not sure on the levelers. I meant to ask about that. If there are no levelers I'm going to be even harder to sell. I thought with the Leprechaun they might be standard. Does yours have the remote box for the levelers or is it a panel mounted on the interior?
Old 09-17-2015, 08:23 PM   #16

Ours has a control box in the cab area with a long wire harness which allows you hold it in your hand when operating it. It is not mounted in the dash. I took some industrial strength Velcro and mounted it close to the floor tucked up under the center console between the seats. When I need it I just pull it from the Velcro and level it then put it right back. Very easy.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:28 PM   #17

You can see where I mounted mine with Velcro here.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	145
Size:	202.1 KB
ID:	89030  
Old 09-19-2015, 06:42 PM   #18

Well we ended up buying a pre-owned Jayco Seneca 2014 37FS. My wife lost confidence in the dealer when they told us it had been recalled. I think that was obviously not correct. I thank you all for the info as we really did like the 319DS.

Terry
Old 09-24-2015, 03:54 AM   #19

We passed on the unit as well. No levelers for one and wife decided she wanted the couch option and not the recliners. Her thought was being able to have a bed in the living quarters without having to break down the table.
The dealer seemed pretty staunch on his price for this time of year in a long winter state.
So I just couldn't see having a new rig sitting in storage for 6 months with the warranty ticking.
So we are done looking for now and will regroup and decide if we want to order in February for spring delivery.
Or we may even stick with our current rig another year.
It's nice to have options.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:06 AM   #20
Citrus County, Fl.

Up North, when looking at a couch, bear in mind most of them are Jack Knife which are very uncomfortable to sleep on (in my opinion) The Sunseeker/Forester 3010/3011 have a hide a bed. Also, other things to consider are the fiberglass roof, Progressive Industries converter instead of the Chinese WFCO and the Atwood water heater that does not have the anode rod and has the 110 volt switch in the coach instead of at the heater.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote