Old 08-24-2015, 09:30 PM   #1

Considering 2016 Leprechaun 319DS

Considering this unit at my local dealer. My prior RV history has been Class C 25 ft without slides, and a towable 27 ft TT. Wife was adamant on this one, it better "drive and slide".

Really like the floor plan (full overhead bunk), dual recliners, pop up tv, full outdoor package (fridge, table w/sink, ent center). And it has slides and drives...on the Ford Chassis with levelers.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for this and all of the great help on reviewing the forums.

Terry
Carencro, LA

Old 08-26-2015, 08:50 PM   #2

Recalled by Coachmen?

Salesman calls me early this morning to say the one we had wanted was recalled, but he had the darker interior color interior available. (Everything else the same.)

Just wondering if that was fact or fiction? I've checked boards and have not seen anything on the 2016 Coachmen Leprechaun 319 DSF being recalled.

Thanks,

Terry

Old 08-26-2015, 11:04 PM   #3

Wife and I just bought the same one you are looking at except we have the couch instead of the recliners. This is our first RV and after looking at several different brands we really liked this one and the floor plan the best. Our first camping trip starts tomorrow! I looked it over and researched a lot before before buying it but we love it so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	380.5 KB
ID:	87030  
Old 09-11-2015, 10:51 AM   #4

Another 2016 319DS

We purchased this model, too, in early August, and we love it. We also have the couch, but $16K in other options, including the outside package (TV, stereo, fridge, table & sink). Drove it from Idaho back home to Iowa, and camped four nights in it along the way. Have camped two weeks since, and planning another two week trip in October.

No complaints, but have yet to find the drain for the fresh water tank. Currently, I open one of the valves in the side compartment near the slide-out table, turn on the pump, and run it dry that way.

Like you, we researched the dickens out of Class C's before signing the bottom line, and no regrets so far.

Coming home we crossed a number of mountain passes, including the Continental Divide twice, but still averaged 9.6 mpg, and ran interstate at 65 mph for most of the trip.

2016 Coachman Leprechaun, 319DS, Motorhome, Dodge Durango Toad
Badlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 05:06 PM   #5

Sounds like we got the same model as you with the outside package as well. Ours came with the Bigfoot leveling system too which so far is great. Only thing I have done so far was put the reversing switches on the two Fantastic fans so we could draw some air in on cooler days.

Yeah.....let me know if you find the fresh water drain plug! I honestly haven't looked too far for it yet. 9.6 MPG isn't too bad either!

Mark
Old 09-16-2015, 03:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands View Post
We purchased this model, too, in early August, and we love it. We also have the couch, but $16K in other options, including the outside package (TV, stereo, fridge, table & sink). Drove it from Idaho back home to Iowa, and camped four nights in it along the way. Have camped two weeks since, and planning another two week trip in October.

No complaints, but have yet to find the drain for the fresh water tank. Currently, I open one of the valves in the side compartment near the slide-out table, turn on the pump, and run it dry that way.

Like you, we researched the dickens out of Class C's before signing the bottom line, and no regrets so far.

Coming home we crossed a number of mountain passes, including the Continental Divide twice, but still averaged 9.6 mpg, and ran interstate at 65 mph for most of the trip.

Drain for fresh water tank is in removable panel under shower door.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-16-2015, 07:36 PM   #7

This same unit just came on my radar today. Found one at a dealer within driving distance so imagine I will be going to look at it in the next week or so.
Can any one of you with the outdoor kitchen post a pic of it?
Had no idea the outdoor kitchen was a option on this unit and that is on our must have list.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:48 PM   #8

Pics

Outside kitchen
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	88937  
Old 09-16-2015, 07:49 PM   #9

Attached Thumbnails