Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2015, 08:35 PM   #1

Countertop

We have a 2016 Leprechaun 319 dsf. How do I find out what our countertop pattern/brand is?

Thx.
pvanderhulst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 11:37 AM   #2
Leprechaun 260 ds

In the past, Coachmen Leprechaun (most models) used a "Corian-DuPont" like surface. Certainly not the quality of Corian but similar. Remember that Corian by DuPont was NOT designed for RV's - it can crack if not fully supported throughout the surface. Expensive Class A use Corian, but that chassis and build quality is an entirely different story than a Class C Coachmen. Last Year's Coachmen that used this resin based plastic hard surface was excellent. But for Cost-Cutting reasons the 2016 260DS uses a new surface that is a wood partical pressured resin board, very very thick to get the strength. Be here's the problem, they use a Plastic adhesive "wrap" to cover the surface. It looks good and they can produce any pattern or color - no problem. But the surface is highly susceptible and prone to sharp object damage. Do NOT use the 2016 countertop as a cutting board! I broke the leg off the Ford 260ds driver/passage seat optional skinny table leg with NO effort. The short 1" wood screws pulled right out of the particle board when I tried to collapse the leg.

Here is what I suggest you consider. Go to a custom kitchen countertop shop, many all round every town. Drive your coach there and get a quote to upgrade to a real counter surface. My quote was $65 per sq ft plus $50 for cut outs and I put in a new ss. sink and better faucets. I think the new countertops really suck and will get damaged, so drop another $1k for the upgrade, you'll be very happy in the long run.
cbreed is offline   Reply With Quote