Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2014, 03:17 PM   #1

Cross Country / Pathfinder

There has to be more than one or two Cross Country or Pathfinder owners on the forum.

Speak up
Raise your hand
Sound off

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
4898 retired

2013 SportsCoach Cross Country here. All of 3500 miles on it. I'll be going to the Coachman rally in June at Goshen. Looking forward to meeting fellow Coachman owners and seeing what type of modifications the have made.

lilsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:27 PM   #3

We won't be making the Coachmen Rally, already had a big trip planned with our Granddaughter. We will be at the FROG Rally in August

Thanks for posting

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 03-26-2014, 12:48 PM   #4
4898 retired

I'm looking forward to touring the factory and having the availability to speak with factory reps. If we could just get our of this cold weather here in NJ. I still have my coach winterized.

lilsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:10 PM   #5

No real need to winterize down here....once in a great while we'll get a good cold snap. You still have to keep an eye on things, no real threats to speak of though.

Hope you get a lot of good benefit from the Coachmen Rally....should be a good one.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 03-27-2014, 09:15 AM   #6

Can not make the Coachmen Rally do to work. Will be at the FROG Rally in August. The factory tour is what got us to upgrade from the travel trailer to the motorhome. The dw said she was going to handcuff me to the mh if I try to take any tours this year. Allready took a trip from NY to FL the first of the month. Had to rewinterize when we got back. That was the shake down trip with the new unit.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Forest River Forums mobile app
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgmiller32 View Post
Can not make the Coachmen Rally do to work. Will be at the FROG Rally in August. The factory tour is what got us to upgrade from the travel trailer to the motorhome. The dw said she was going to handcuff me to the mh if I try to take any tours this year. Allready took a trip from NY to FL the first of the month. Had to rewinterize when we got back. That was the shake down trip with the new unit.

How did the shakedown go? We are doing a weekender this weekend and heading to Georgia on the 9th of April.

Look us up in Goshen, ours is the Red October paint scheme. On the front windshield low center, there is a clear sticker that says 'Pa Pa's Palace'...that's us. And of course, Texas plates.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 04-17-2014, 03:43 PM   #8

Just bought a new 2014 CrossCountry 404rb! We live near Niagara Falls and would love to get to know some new traveling friends.
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:48 AM   #9

Kendra. Congrats on the new coach. We are out of Lancaster, NY so not that far away. Did you get your coach from Colton RV? That's were we picked ours up and beginning to wish we didn't. But that's for a different day. We did one of the state parks near you last year with the tt before upgrading to the motor home.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forest River Forums mobile app
FROG Member
Old 04-18-2014, 02:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgmiller32 View Post
Kendra. Congrats on the new coach. We are out of Lancaster, NY so not that far away. Did you get your coach from Colton RV? That's were we picked ours up and beginning to wish we didn't. But that's for a different day. We did one of the state parks near you last year with the tt before upgrading to the motor home.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Yes we did get this fron Colton. We had a fleetwood discovery with unending problems and Colton was actually very good to us. Haven't gone anywhere but backyard camping yet but are planning some New England trips this summer. When did you pick yours up? We just got our this month!

I contacted coachmen and asked about a Rv chapter here in this area. They said that there wasn't one in New York. Do you have any interest in joining a local chapter if we can get one started?

Kendra
Old 04-19-2014, 05:11 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendra View Post
Just bought a new 2014 CrossCountry 404rb! We live near Niagara Falls and would love to get to know some new traveling friends.
Congrats! The 404 RB is a very nice floor plan, hope you have many great trips and memories. We just returned from a 7 day 1400 mile round trip to Georgia. ...not one bit of trouble....10 mpg with our 405FK. Got many many nice compliments.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 04-19-2014, 09:22 AM   #12

Kendra.
We would be interested in the local chapter. We did join the FMCA and they have a local one out of Clarence, NY that we are looking at.

FROG Member
Old 04-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #13

We are planning a trip to NH July 7-11th and the FROG camp out from the 11th to the 15th in Watkins Glen might make a nice ending to our trip. Are you by any chance going to attend?

I would like to find out more about the group in Clarence as well. Any information you might have that you could pass along my way would be appreciated!

Kendra
Old 05-25-2014, 07:44 AM   #14
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Rgmiller32 and Kendra, There is also a FMCA Chapter in Western NY called the Fingerlakers. They usually have a monthly camping trip. They also have a website and a monthly newsletter. You can find them at www.fingerlakers.com Also there is a FMCA (many local chapters from PA and NY) Rally at Harborfest in Oswego,, NY in July 23-28, 2014. If you want more information, go to the website and click on blogs and there are two tabs for the rally. Craig

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:56 AM   #15

We are newbies here to this forum!! We are retired fulltimers looking to upgrade. I've searched for any information for Coachmen Cross Country / Pathfinder & found this thread. We are looking to purchase a "GOOD" Used 2013 Pathfinder Elite 404RB. The previous owner only kept it for 9 mo. & the reason for trading was that he wanted something BIGGER. It has less than 900 miles & 50 hrs. on the generator. We've never owned a Coachmen product (now a division of Forest River) & would like any comments PROs/CONs!

Thanks in advance & look forward to all comments.
Travel safe!
DorisStanKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:00 AM   #16

Coachmen is excellent, I say 'go for it'

Check the coach top to bottom, side to side.
We've had our Cross Country just over a year and love it!

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 04-08-2015, 04:30 AM   #17

Not new to Forest River ... But just got a 2014 SportsCoach Cross Country 404 RB... Traded our Cedar Creek 5er and truck at NorthTrail RV in Ft. Meyers, Fl last month. It's now back in Manlius, NY (Syracuse suburb). We enjoy the floor plan and conveniences, especially the ease of setting at a campsite. Did have to use some old sailing skills to handle the rig on our very windy drive north......and were so pleased (not) to arrive home in a snow storm.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:33 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voortrekker View Post
Not new to Forest River ... But just got a 2014 SportsCoach Cross Country 404 RB... Traded our Cedar Creek 5er and truck at NorthTrail RV in Ft. Meyers, Fl last month. It's now back in Manlius, NY (Syracuse suburb). We enjoy the floor plan and conveniences, especially the ease of setting at a campsite. Did have to use some old sailing skills to handle the rig on our very windy drive north......and were so pleased (not) to arrive home in a snow storm.
Congrats! 404RB is a great floor plan, we really like our 405FK. In fact, been on the road a couple of days now, enjoying it even more.
After we parked today we were talking about how quickly we had set up, it wasn't long at all.....maybe 10 minutes.
Cross Countries are fantastic coaches with excellent amenities.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 04-10-2015, 07:33 AM   #19

Just found the site and signed on yesterday. I have a 2013 405FK Cross Country waiting for its return from Middlebury this month after the dealer could not fix some issues. I do have to say that Mike, Jason, and Bob have made me a believer in the coachman product and there commitment to make things right. Hard to find that these days but I will post more of the experience and resolution later.

I was hoping to be able to attend the the rally but we have to take my Grandson to Louisiana that week.
parky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:43 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by parky View Post
Just found the site and signed on yesterday. I have a 2013 405FK Cross Country waiting for its return from Middlebury this month after the dealer could not fix some issues. I do have to say that Mike, Jason, and Bob have made me a believer in the coachman product and there commitment to make things right. Hard to find that these days but I will post more of the experience and resolution later.

I was hoping to be able to attend the the rally but we have to take my Grandson to Louisiana that week.
Welcome to the forum, if you're talking Bob Jewell......he is really good at what he does. Coachmen has been very good to us, we are having some mods done this August at the plant. Great folks there.

'Pa Pa's Palace'