Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2013, 11:56 PM   #1

Cup Holder Help

This may sound silly but I'm trying to find some "NICE" cup holders for my Mirada 29DSSE. The only ones that we have are on the floor over the engine hump. There kind of a reach and require taking my eyes off the road more than I'd like. I'm pretty new to driving these big things.

I've seen some nice wooden ones in other RVs that mount to the side walls under the windows. That's the sort of thing I'm trying to find but haven't had any luck yet. Does anybody know of any good sources?
Old 04-25-2013, 12:04 AM   #2
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk510 View Post
This may sound silly but I'm trying to find some "NICE" cup holders for my Mirada 29DSSE. The only ones that we have are on the floor over the engine hump. There kind of a reach and require taking my eyes off the road more than I'd like. I'm pretty new to driving these big things.

I've seen some nice wooden ones in other RVs that mount to the side walls under the windows. That's the sort of thing I'm trying to find but haven't had any luck yet. Does anybody know of any good sources?
Not to be flippant, but a pc of oak, a hole saw/sabre saw and some stain & varnish and a little work and you can make your own.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:26 AM   #3
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Not to be flippant, but a pc of oak, a hole saw/sabre saw and some stain & varnish and a little work and you can make your own.
My DH did this for his work truck. When it's light outside, I'll take pics.
Made a 2 tier with removable top tier. Very convenient and more useful than anything on market.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:18 AM   #4
MI Camperz

home made 2 tier cup holder

This is the lower tier. Holds cups, cb, and scanner. You can see the peg holes that the upper tier rests on, but upper tier not accessible at the moment. It' just a table with cupholders when we need more room that the equipment on lower tier takes up. Sorry for the dirt...it's my DHs work truck.
Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	28872

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	28873
Old 04-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #5

<<<Not a high jack really, more of quick trip down a side road.>>>

TSC sells those bright colored little alloy flashlights in packs of 8 for $10. They come with batteries too.
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #6

Here are some (but they may be pricey). Scroll down towards the bottom of the page: From Trees To These - RV Cabinetry

On their main page, under "photos", take a look at "Wood & Corian Accessory Photos" Some additional photos there.

Make sure they're not too heavy by themselves (and also when you have a drink on them).

Best of luck in your search!
go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #7

My previous TT, a 291 Surveyor had some folding cupholders that came from a boat store. They were screwed to the wall and were nearly flush when folded. I,m looking for more for the 2011 337 Geo we got last year.
mogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #8

Here's a forum link on this too (I should have done a search here first - same pictures that I dug up! ).

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...der-30747.html

I picked up two additional cup holders from West Marine a few days ago (for either side of our couch). Got the black plastic ones. They really are great and look neat/clean when folded up and not in use.

I did see they have a stainless version of the plastic ones when I was at the store, but it was $30+ each for those (felt heavy)...
go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #9

Thanks for all the replies. It looks like I might have to take up wood working to get what I want, never really tried before. Until then I guess I'll just put some cheapies in.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:45 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk510 View Post
Thanks for all the replies. It looks like I might have to take up wood working to get what I want, never really tried before. Until then I guess I'll just put some cheapies in.

I solved the problem a different way. I found a long console type box with two cupholders at each end, a couple of odd nook spots near the front and a covered compartment in the center for storage. The box (guessing about these measurements; did not check) about 5-6 inches wide, 24 + inches long, and 12 inches deep.

It fits very nicely on the left of the drivers seat up against the outside wall. I keep stuff in it that I might want while driving. I still have adequate room to reach the seat controls on that side of the seat without difficulty.

I used course sheet metal screws (4) that were short enough to grab some carpet and maybe a bit of wood floor without coming out on the underside of the coach and gently secured it to the floor. It does not move around and though it would seem to be an odd item in that décor, it actually does not show. You only see it if you lean over the drivers seat and look down.

Useful, convenient and inexpensive. I think I paid less than $20 for it. Can't say for sure where I got it but one the new larger Walmart stores comes to mind.

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:58 AM   #11
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
I solved the problem a different way. I found a long console type box with two cupholders at each end, a couple of odd nook spots near the front and a covered compartment in the center for storage. The box (guessing about these measurements; did not check) about 5-6 inches wide, 24 + inches long, and 12 inches deep.

It fits very nicely on the left of the drivers seat up against the outside wall. I keep stuff in it that I might want while driving. I still have adequate room to reach the seat controls on that side of the seat without difficulty.

I used course sheet metal screws (4) that were short enough to grab some carpet and maybe a bit of wood floor without coming out on the underside of the coach and gently secured it to the floor. It does not move around and though it would seem to be an odd item in that décor, it actually does not show. You only see it if you lean over the drivers seat and look down.

Useful, convenient and inexpensive. I think I paid less than $20 for it. Can't say for sure where I got it but one the new larger Walmart stores comes to mind.

Roll
To quote Turbs, no pictures, it didn't happen.
Just messin' with ya man.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #12

Quote:
To quote Turbs, no pictures, it didn't happen.
Just messin' with ya man.
Oh no. You can't say that. You ARE messin'.... that my friend is a challenge with a capitol "C"!

I'm gonna post a picture and when I do, I fully expect you to agree...that you owe me a beer the very next time we meet!

LOL Roll
Old 04-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #13
Mod free 5er

Quote:

Oh no. You can't say that. You ARE messin'.... that my friend is a challenge with a capitol "C"!

I'm gonna post a picture and when I do, I fully expect you to agree...that you owe me a beer the very next time we meet!

LOL Roll
If you come to Goshen Rally, I will have a case of BBG, the first beer I will have bought in 30-35 yrs.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #14

Quote:
If you come to Goshen Rally, I will have a case of BBG, the first beer I will have bought in 30-35 yrs.
Well... in my life "beer" is a metaphor for iced tea, coffee, or lemonade since 1990.

Nonetheless..... here are pictures to prove my comment and now, my good friend, you owe me an iced tea, (sweetened please), a coffee, or a lemonade, should we meet.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1070081.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	29054   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070082.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	29055   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070083.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	29056  
Old 04-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #15
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Well... in my life "beer" is a metaphor for iced tea, coffee, or lemonade since 1990.

Nonetheless..... here are pictures to prove my comment and now, my good friend, you owe me an iced tea, (sweetened please), a coffee, or a lemonade, should we meet.
Same with me, I tried to learn to drink beer when I went to college and just didn't make the grade just don't like the taste. Kept remembering my grandpa's mules taking a leak and it looks the same, yellow and foamy.

Come to Goshen and we'll sit and drink a pot of coffee and lie to each other.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #16

Quote:
Come to Goshen and we'll sit and drink a pot of coffee and lie to each other.

LOL

Roll
Old 05-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #17

That looks pretty nice, Roll.
I'll take look at Wallyworld this weekend.
Thanks