Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
NELA

Delam on a Coachmen

At the park we camped at last weekend there was a gorgeous Coachmen with a horrific delamination problem.

The bedroom slider had a *huge* bubble in the center of the wall, with an 8 inch edge of delamination all the way around the top edge and both sides.

Would any of you have brought it to his attention? The driver was quite senior and may not have noticed it.

We didn't mention it. Should we have?

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #2

Coachmen certainly has it's problems as does every other manufacturer from what I've read but I have to admit I have never seen delamination on a newer Coachmen product or any Forest River product for that matter.

At any rate, I am certain they know. If you saw it; they had to have seen it. Whether you mention it or not is purely a matter of personal judgment.

Care to offer brand, style, and year? You could be talking about anything from a Pathfinder to a Popup.

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #3

I have a 2013 Flagstaff 27RLWS that we bought in March. A 6" diameter bubble has come up on the front. Dealer says they can replace the front at their shop and would wait to take it in until camping season is over. But Forest River products do delaminate.
roanmountaincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #4

When we prepare to leave a campground, I routinely climb on top to inspect and sweep. Found a 3" X 2" delamination bubble on the top of our living room slide one morning last month as I was sweeping. Its in the shop now for repair.
'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #5
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
Coachmen certainly has it's problems as does every other manufacturer from what I've read but I have to admit I have never seen delamination on a newer Coachmen product or any Forest River product for that matter.

At any rate, I am certain they know. If you saw it; they had to have seen it. Whether you mention it or not is purely a matter of personal judgment.

Care to offer brand, style, and year? You could be talking about anything from a Pathfinder to a Popup.

Roll

It was a motor home. I don't know the model or year, but from appearance it couldn't have been more than a couple of years old. If paint schemes are any indication of the year model it was a *beautiful* brownish gold/light bronze color. (not familiar with motor homes at all)
It didn't have the factory awning lights like most new RVs do so maybe it was a couple of years old.

This was my first time to see delamination first hand. That bubble in the bedroom slider was probably 3.5 feet across....dead center of the slider wall.

I only questioned whether they knew or not because the driver seemed to be very senior...(shrug)

I wasn't in any way knocking the product. I'm extremely proud of *our* FR product and we had to take it back to the dealer after less than 2 months' ownership over something that could have caused a catastrophic fire....sofa leg falling down into a wiring access hole in the floor, pinching 110 wiring.

Flagstaff came through for us with amazing customer service, as did our dealer. The repair went above and beyond.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen