Old 10-23-2018, 12:14 AM   #1

Does my 2017 Leprechaun 311FS have a black tank flush

Hello,

I have a 2017 Leprechaun 311FS and can not figure out if I have a black tank flush or not. In the compartment where the water is hooked up I have a white connection and per the diagram it states that it is a flush hookup. I have no idea if this is for the black tank, or to just flush the water system ?

I have looked through all of my manuals and can not find anything on that white connection.

BTW the wife and I are loving our Leprechaun, but my dealer did a terrible job of going over everything with us.

Thanks,

Old 10-23-2018, 05:05 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperbsd View Post
Hello,

I have a 2017 Leprechaun 311FS and can not figure out if I have a black tank flush or not. In the compartment where the water is hooked up I have a white connection and per the diagram it states that it is a flush hookup. I have no idea if this is for the black tank, or to just flush the water system ?

I have looked through all of my manuals and can not find anything on that white connection.

BTW the wife and I are loving our Leprechaun, but my dealer did a terrible job of going over everything with us.

Thanks,
Not familiar with your unit but you should have a City Water connection, A freshwater tank connection or fill port, and a black tank flush water connection. Don't mix them up. DO NOT connect and use the black flush connection until the black tank is empty. Accidents can be nasty. Many a story here about black flush accidents. I don't have a black flush or I would be one of them.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:36 AM   #3

I have the 319mbs with the same panel - that white connection that says flush is for the black tank, not the water system. We all think it seems backwards color wise as black is for the incoming water (for either filling the tank or providing city water, depending on the position of the blue lever) while white is where you connect a hose to flush the black tank. As cavie said, just make sure you don’t get distracted while the dump valve is closed!

Welcome to the Leprechaun Nation and I hope this helps!
Jcf0527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:43 PM   #4

Glad to hear I do have a black tank flush. Thanks so much for the replies.

I am guessing that you just hook up a water hose to the with flush connector and open the black tank valve than turn on the water ?

Not sure why, but finding instructions on how to use the black tank flush seems hard to do. I even tried google.

Thanks again,
Old 10-23-2018, 08:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Glad to hear I do have a black tank flush. Thanks so much for the replies.

I am guessing that you just hook up a water hose to the with flush connector and open the black tank valve than turn on the water ?

Not sure why, but finding instructions on how to use the black tank flush seems hard to do. I even tried google.

Thanks again,
youtube is your friend

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
Old 10-23-2018, 09:46 PM   #6

Does my 2017 Leprechaun 311FS have a black tank flush

Yes, that’s correct. So I have a “y” connector right after my inline water filter. I connect a short, dedicated hose with a back flow preventer to the flush port - DO NOT USE THE SAME HOSE AS YO
UR SUPPLY - and open that leg of the “ y”. I like to do the “ fill and flush” method - pull the valve and do the initial dump, close the valve and let it fill a bit, pull the valve and dump, then repeat ( sometimes 4 or 5 times). BUT YOU HAVE TO MONITOR so you don’t overflow the tank!!!!! I also have a clear 45 degree elbow so I can see how clean the water is coming out of the tank.
Jcf0527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 10:10 PM   #7

I have the same model. For some unknown reason to many of us, some Leps are different. The white connection is to flush the black tank. The black connection is for the water to be use in the sinks and shower. Weird, yeah. Fill free to ask questions, some of us in this forum have this model and love it. If yours has a washer and dryer combo, please open the black valve on the left before using it. The drain for this does not go to the grey tank as in other units. FYI
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 03:42 PM   #8

Thanks to everyone for your replies.

So this morning I went to try and use the black tank flush, but found an issue.

I emptied the black tank first as always and then emptied the grey tank. Once they were both emptied I closed just the gray valve and left the black valve open.

I than proceeded to hook up my spare garden hose to the white connection (black tank flush). Once connected I turned on the water and found that although some water is getting into the black tank to flush it there is also water coming out of a blue plastic thingy (see picture). This blue plastic thingy sits underneath the RV and points straight to the ground.

This blue thingy looks to be some sort of overflow valve and when I try and flush the black tank water comes out of this blue plastic thing. Not sure if I am doing something wrong, but I can confirm that "some" of the water is making it to the black tank as I can see some water coming out of the black tank drain hose, as I have a clear elbow on it. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong. ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0018.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	276.0 KB
ID:	190060  
Old 10-26-2018, 04:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Thanks to everyone for your replies.

So this morning I went to try and use the black tank flush, but found an issue.

I emptied the black tank first as always and then emptied the grey tank. Once they were both emptied I closed just the gray valve and left the black valve open.

I than proceeded to hook up my spare garden hose to the white connection (black tank flush). Once connected I turned on the water and found that although some water is getting into the black tank to flush it there is also water coming out of a blue plastic thingy (see picture). This blue plastic thingy sits underneath the RV and points straight to the ground.

This blue thingy looks to be some sort of overflow valve and when I try and flush the black tank water comes out of this blue plastic thing. Not sure if I am doing something wrong, but I can confirm that "some" of the water is making it to the black tank as I can see some water coming out of the black tank drain hose, as I have a clear elbow on it. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong. ?

The "blue thingie" would be you fresh water overflow/vent. Usually not blue. The blue and red are usually your low point drains. It appears that your white connection is for your FW tank as it should be. Black tank flush should be Black. If it is reversed as someone stated then My vote goes to them being hooked up wrong at the factory.

Find your FW drain and see if the tank is full.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:54 PM   #10

Cavie, as I shared. Coachman has the colors connection reversed for some reason. I know it does not make sense but that is the way it is with Leprechauns. I don't know if the same case applies to the Concords. Weird! I know.

jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, flush, tank