Old 09-05-2015, 09:29 PM   #11

We got a 36BH in February. Had a number of issues. Roof leak, ceiling sagging, cracked tile, and a couple of other minor issues. Returned to dealer, MHS in Alvarado, Tx. All taken care of professionally. Now I have discovered that both front fenders are split, broken at the mounting bracket. I have sent pictures and we will see how this plays out.
We really like the coach. For as much stuff that it has, so much is working great, without any problems. I mean really, it's a motorhome, stuff will always need attention.

Old 09-11-2015, 04:00 PM   #12
Captain Frank

We just purchased a 2014 Encounter 37LS. Had the same front dash leaking problem. We added a washer and Dryer unit causing the Passenger side rear to sag due to the extra weight. Remember, the generator and refrigerator are on the same side. Looking into either air bags or heavy duty shock on that side. Will be taking it out on maiden voyage this week. Will know better once we spend some time in the coach.

Old 09-11-2015, 04:59 PM   #13

The Generator is on the passenger side? I thought they were always on the drivers side with the engine exhaust; away from the door.

Gary
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 05:09 PM   #14
Captain Frank

Encounter 37LS generator location

Nope. The generator is on the passenger side rear of the 37LS with the exhaust going under the coach to the drivers side rear. Still doesn't answer my question about the air bag installation. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Frank
Old 09-11-2015, 05:14 PM   #15

I had bags on previous class c and now on our Encounter 36BH because of the improvement in ride quality. I didn't have leveling issue but bags can't hurt. Be sure and get the compressor/inflator with control mounted by dash so pressure can be adjusted accordingly
Old 09-12-2015, 09:16 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubbabnr View Post
We got a 36BH in February. Had a number of issues. Roof leak, ceiling sagging, cracked tile, and a couple of other minor issues. Returned to dealer, MHS in Alvarado, Tx. All taken care of professionally. Now I have discovered that both front fenders are split, broken at the mounting bracket. I have sent pictures and we will see how this plays out.
We really like the coach. For as much stuff that it has, so much is working great, without any problems. I mean really, it's a motorhome, stuff will always need attention.
Let us know how the fender fixes go. I just found a crack in my drivers side rear bracket. The rest are good for now. Debating if I should wait until they all crack or fix them one at a time myself. Yes could go to the dealer or factory but unless it's major work I'm not bothering them.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:37 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fintinosr View Post
We just purchased a 2014 Encounter 37LS. Had the same front dash leaking problem. We added a washer and Dryer unit causing the Passenger side rear to sag due to the extra weight. Remember, the generator and refrigerator are on the same side. Looking into either air bags or heavy duty shock on that side. Will be taking it out on maiden voyage this week. Will know better once we spend some time in the coach.
That dash leak will drive you nuts, won't it? I knew exactly where it was coming from but the dealer kept telling us it was from the roof, wait, no, the windshield, maybe it's the front cap. Guess what, it's your window that's leaking. What a nightmare that was.

Skip the air bags and heavy duty shocks. The heavy duty shocks will only make the ride worse. Get the RV to a truck spring shop and have them either add a leaf to the spring packs or make you a new set. It's a much better route to go. Then you can add Sumo springs and a rear track bar if you haven't already. You don't need both at the same time, you should start with the rear track bar first then the Sumo springs. The track bar will help when trucks are passing and in side winds. Also, if you don't have a steering stabilizer add that to the list, I prefer the Steer Safe unit.

SteerSafe.com | Superior Steering Control

SuperSprings > View all suspension options for your vehicle

SuperSteer Trac Bars - Ford F53 Motorhome Chassis – Class A
Old 09-12-2015, 09:56 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fintinosr View Post
Nope. The generator is on the passenger side rear of the 37LS with the exhaust going under the coach to the drivers side rear. Still doesn't answer my question about the air bag installation. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Frank
On my 2015 the generator exhaust goes straight back on the passenger side. Under the bedroom and bathroom. What I can't figure out is why no one in the RV industry has ever run the exhaust up the inside of the back cap and out the roof. Yes, it would cost more. They would have to design a fireproof chamber for the exhaust pipe but couldn't it be done? It might put a big dent in Genturi sales.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:02 PM   #19

How did you fix the leak?
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:27 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwisconsin View Post
How did you fix the leak?
Coachmen replaced both windows. Everything was replaced. Hehr made the windows I have. They said the windows were rebuildable, meaning the window comes completely apart and new seals were put in. Considering how new my RV was I said no to the rebuild and requested new windows. The dealer said it takes many weeks to get replacement windows, Coachmen had them to the dealer in less than a week.