Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2015, 03:59 PM   #21

Great service
Thanks for your response
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:45 PM   #22

Factory stepped up

In July 2014 we bought a new 2013 Encounter. From the start we had problems TV wired wrong, front fenders cracked and the list goes on. We were told from other RV owners who had bought new RVs that a new RV was full of problems. We would take it on a trip and come back and off to the dealer we would go. Spent more time in the shop than we liked. Three day trip, two weeks in the shop. Dealer was always very willing to fix what was wrong. Thought we got everything fix so we left NC for the West Coast the end of June 2015. Got to Alabama the first day, passenger fender crack again. Second day we are in La, front AC makes very loud noise, still cools but way to noisy . Got to San Antonio, stay a day or two, wife and I starting talking about the dry West Coast, wild fires and driving to much, we decided to stay East and go next year. So we headed to the factory in Middlebury, In. We tow a Classic VW so we had something drive while they worked on our RV. Middlebury is a Amish town, you got to go there. First question I asked was Quality Control mad at each other the day my RV rolled off the line. Someone said wait here and they would be back in a second.

First person to meet me was Nate Hedges (service manager), followed by Alan Handshoe (plant manager). They were concerned about my problems. I said lets take a walk to the RV. We discussed all problems I had in the past and problems I was having then. Never once asked about the warranty. Fixed all problems in a day and a half, we stayed at their campground at night. They took care of us: Nate, Alvin, Kurt Kime (group leader), Ron Kroll, and Eric Smith. Other individuals who work on the RV were Tom, Tim, Eric, Richard, and Jeremy. Fix everything and did an upgrade in the bathrooms for my wife. Not one problem the rest of the trip. If we had not gone there we would have been in a shop for two weeks or longer on the road. Can't thank them enough. Good people.
sam wiles is offline   Reply With Quote