Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2018, 03:12 PM   #1

Factory GPS Unit

My wife and I have been looking at new Leprechaun Class C motorhomes online and notice that some of them are equipped with factory GPS/radio units. I can't find any information on who makes the unit or the GPS software. Anyone know?
Geeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:39 PM   #2

Furrion radio units come in Leprechauns. You can purchase a SD card that has the GPS software, but you would need an antenna if not already mounted on the RV. Another option are refurbished or new Garmin widescreen GPS units from GPS World in Las Vegas
landsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:30 PM   #3

I should add that there is a menu choice to constantly show the backup camera , but it replaces the radio screens.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by landsail View Post
I should add that there is a menu choice to constantly show the backup camera , but it replaces the radio screens.
Thanks for the reply. I would think Forest River could team up with a known manufacturer like Kenwood/Garmin rather than offering a no name unit. I went to Furrion's website and they want $200.00 for a SD card with maps.
Geeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:30 PM   #5

Mine came with a Jensen that includes GPS. No card needed. Works well. It is also equipped with a rear camera using the same screen
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:26 PM   #6

Gps for Coachman RVs

Garmin Nuvi and Drive models are wide screen and link to your phone using Bluetooth. Easy to update and add TOPO maps besides road maps. Suction mount for windshields.
I do not expect Coachman to switch to a Garmin dashmount as the Furrion has music and backup and door cameras covered. GPScity.com , Best Buy, and the Garmin refurbished websites have many Garmin models.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:02 PM   #7

My Leprechaun came with the Jensen JRV9000 Radio/GPS/back up camera but I prefer my Garmin GPS that I already had when I bought the Leprechaun.
jegstrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:24 PM   #8

Leprechaun GPS option

Yes, a wide screen Garmin gps fits near the left door with a suction cup mount it comes with. Easy to update and Garmin issues updated POIs and road changes periodically. Traffic receiver available as an add-on. It handles Bluetooth phone calls well.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by landsail View Post
Yes, a wide screen Garmin gps fits near the left door with a suction cup mount it comes with. Easy to update and Garmin issues updated POIs and road changes periodically. Traffic receiver available as an add-on. It handles Bluetooth phone calls well.

The first time my gps connected to my radio thru my phone and warned me I was exceeding the speed limit almost made me jump outta my seat.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegstrup View Post
The first time my gps connected to my radio thru my phone and warned me I was exceeding the speed limit almost made me jump outta my seat.

[ATTACH]165754[/ATTACH
Sorry the pic is so dark, but that shows where I mounted mine. It’s high enough to be out of my line of sight when I drive
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1521581259.525460.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	308.8 KB
ID:	165754  
Old 03-22-2018, 07:24 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwisconsin View Post
Mine came with a Jensen that includes GPS. No card needed. Works well. It is also equipped with a rear camera using the same screen
jonwisconsin....our 2018 Leprechaun also has a Jensen....found out it is an aftermarket unit when it died on the road. Stopped at Ford dealership and was told we would have to get it to aftermarket dealer or Jensen dealer!!! Also, has gps, but doesn't come work. We use our Garmin.
Master Tow Dolly
Davison206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:50 PM   #12

Ed, if your Lep is 2018, why not contacting the RV dealer? It should be under warranty. Yes, it is an aftermarket equipment as it is an option even for a Leprechaun, so Ford won’t service or replace it. You may also want to contact Jensen directly. They have been helpful to me in the past. The GPS in mine works very well, excepts that reminds me of going over the speed limit more than I care for specially while in the cities or towns.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:13 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegstrup View Post

Totally understand you there. Same thing for me. Now I just cuss it when it warms me about my speed
Old 06-20-2018, 11:35 AM   #14
Citrus County, Fl.

Go thru your manual. There is a way to shut off the annoying speed cop. I did with mine but it's been a couple of years. Not it just changes the speed limit sign from white to red.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory