Old 06-28-2016, 10:01 PM   #1
John Schaefer

Angry Fresh Water Sanitization Wierd problem

Hello,
Driving a 2015 Coachman Freelander 28QBE.

Today tried to sanitize the fresh water tank and lines to faucets. Did this last year with no problems.

Today I discovered that while filling the fresh water tank that it was taking longer than expected. Stopped filling and checked the panel and discovered that the black water tank AND the fresh water tank were filing up in tandem. The fresh water and black tank were near empty at start but once I decided something was wrong both were at 2/3 full level. Both black water valves were closed ( CONFIGURATION: 1 valve very close to black tank that attaches to a pipe that runs to the driver side and attaches to another black water valve). Grey water valve closed.

Anyone had this happen and if so what was the problem.

Appreciate any tips/suggestions to understand why this is happening and how to prevent it.

Jack
2015 CM Freelander on Ford 450 chassis.

Johnjschaeferjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:33 PM   #2
John Schaefer

Continued troubleshooting and came up with this:
1. I had deliberately overflowed the fresh water tank. Lots of water vented through the underchassis drain as expected. But I think this is when the black/gray tank also partially filled.
2. The cap on the pipe where gray/black water flows when flushing tanks was NOT on when the black/gray tank partially filled. I usually have this capped but missed it on this event.

Have not been able to replicate problem but am sure that all three tanks are sanitized so no worries.

Johnjschaeferjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 04:35 PM   #3
Former Full Timer

Never heard of that. Your holding tanks have no common connection with your potable water tank sooooo, unless a black tank flush line was improperly plumbed, I cannot imaging how you could accomplish that feat. The closest you get to fresh water and the black tank is the toilet bowl. However, even if the water flush valve was open, you would still have to open the bowl valve. I will remain amazed and mystified.
Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, water