Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2015, 05:38 PM   #1

Fresh water tank drain valve - where is it?

On our 2015 Freelander 22QBF, we have looked everywhere. Finally contacted the factory and got a response from Ronald Ross "The tank drain is with the other Low Point drains in the kitchen base cabinet; there should be an access panel or drawer to remove to gain access to the Low Points."

Removing a drawer or the panel looks to be a royal pain, so we opt to worry about it if we ever really must use it.

I asked for a plumbing diagram, but he said there is not a plumbing schematic. WTF? He did send one for the electrical, which turned out to be really helpful, because the labeling on the Power Distribution Panel was completely unreadable.
2015 Coachmen Freelander 22QBF | 1980 Toyota truck toad

Stinkielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:36 PM   #2

In my 13 Mirada they are in the water closet area in an outside access door, where you connect city water, fill up the tank, etc. they are three open/close valves hooked to nylon hose-type drain lines
Hugh R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:44 AM   #3

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I'm having the same problem. I have the 2016 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS, and I have looked (literally) all around the bottom, around the low-point drains, etc., and cannot locate a dedicated fresh water tank drain valve. I've been doing the camper/travel trailer thing for 35+ years, but this motorhome has me stumped with the drain plug location! The only way I have found to drain most of the tank is to run the water pump and open the faucets so that the water drains into the grey tank (which then needs to be emptied). There has got to be a faster way! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
DocP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:41 PM   #4

Hugh - I am trying to drain my fresh water. I see the lines you mentioned. There are 2 white and one red. I assume the red is the heater. How do you know which is the fresh water?
2015 Keystone Bullet Travel Trailer
2016 F-150 Lariat with Auto Trailer Backup
Dog = Morki (Yorkie-Maltese) - Zoe
Malabarbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malabarbob View Post
Hugh - I am trying to drain my fresh water. I see the lines you mentioned. There are 2 white and one red. I assume the red is the heater. How do you know which is the fresh water?
If both are capped or have a valve on them open both, one might be a low point drain.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:51 PM   #6
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Guess I'm lucky got a cheap tt and it has a sticker telling where the drain is Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Guess I'm lucky got a cheap tt and it has a sticker telling where the drain is Later RJD
Mine are labeled as well plus the PDI guy pointed them out and I made a note of it.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:48 PM   #8

Bob;

I'm such a nutz. Three valves inside the water box compartment. Opened all three and they just took forever to drain. One hot, one cold and one for the tank.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh R View Post
Bob;

I'm such a nutz. Three valves inside the water box compartment. Opened all three and they just took forever to drain. One hot, one cold and one for the tank.
Opening a faucet in the kitchen or bath will expedite draining the cold side, taking the drain plug out of the water heater will expedite the warm side. The tank takes the longest time to drain and can run for a half hour if you have a much water in it. I see campers open the fresh water drain and let it run as they drive home. Ever see that narrow ribbon of wet pavement leading you to the campground exit and then down the highway?

I learned the hard way to drain them all before leaving the coach in storage for a week or two until the next trip. I thought I could leave water in the fresh tank for two or three weeks. Not so, after having to sanitize the fresh water tank a few times I learned my lesson.

Gary and I try to hold sanitizing to once in the spring when I pull the coach out of storage.
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:48 AM   #10

That is what messed me up. I opened the three valves and only a cup or so of water drained out. I opened a faucet and it drained for a long time.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:50 PM   #11

We, too, have a 2016 319DS, and were unable to find the freshwater tank drain. During the inspection, we were told it was by our pull out table and sink (side compartment option), and I should have had the man show us, since it is NOT there, or I am blind. I have called the selling dealer several times, and each time has been a blind alley.

Was just told now that it's near the pump, under the bed, where the freshwater tank is located. I have my doubts, but will have a look.

Have you found or learned otherwise? Thanks for your help.

2016 Coachman Leprechaun, 319DS, Motorhome, Dodge Durango Toad
Badlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:06 PM   #12

When my 5th wheel was new i opened the fresh water tank drain while i was finishing up breaking camp. Get in and left. On I-5 heading home and had the State patrol pull me over, he walked up to the window and said your trailer is leaking something and it better just be water, I played dumb as there was a paper tag still in the window. lesson learned.

Common sense would say that the fresh water drain valve would be near the tank, every rv is different and i have seen the valve inside with the line thru the floor to drain on the ground. Under the bed near the tank is a good place for it.
MMattox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocP View Post
I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I'm having the same problem. I have the 2016 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS, and I have looked (literally) all around the bottom, around the low-point drains, etc., and cannot locate a dedicated fresh water tank drain valve. I've been doing the camper/travel trailer thing for 35+ years, but this motorhome has me stumped with the drain plug location! The only way I have found to drain most of the tank is to run the water pump and open the faucets so that the water drains into the grey tank (which then needs to be emptied). There has got to be a faster way! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Try under the shower door by removing 2 screws and black panel.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2013leprechaun319dsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:51 AM   #14

Thanks, I'll look there!
Old 10-06-2015, 11:31 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013leprechaun319dsf View Post
Try under the shower door by removing 2 screws and black panel.

Thank you for your information on where to find the drain for the fresh water tank on the Leprechaun 319DS. (under the shower). I see three hoses (two blue, one red) with little black handles on them. However, when I turn the little handles there is very little resistance and it doesn't feel like anything is happening. Also, no water comes out outside. I have also done this with the faucets open. Under each of the little handles is some kind of metal clip, but I can't imagine that I would want to mess with those? I feel like I'm finally closing in on this. I would appreciate any help you could give.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151006_092031-1.jpg
Views:	1768
Size:	712.0 KB
ID:	90792  
pobox1067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:20 PM   #16

I have the same 319DS model and although I haven't drained them yet I believe you pull the T handles up to drain; not turn them. Let us know!!
Marksha83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:49 PM   #17

That is correct...just pull the handles up to drain. I just did this today on my 319DSF. The top set of lines there go to the outside kitchen water lines. Thanks to those who helped in this. I should of asked this during my PDI.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:23 PM   #18

DocP so is there three drain points under the RV?
Marksha83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:22 AM   #19

No, there are 2, one cold and one hot.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:02 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobox1067 View Post
Thank you for your information on where to find the drain for the fresh water tank on the Leprechaun 319DS. (under the shower). I see three hoses (two blue, one red) with little black handles on them. However, when I turn the little handles there is very little resistance and it doesn't feel like anything is happening. Also, no water comes out outside. I have also done this with the faucets open. Under each of the little handles is some kind of metal clip, but I can't imagine that I would want to mess with those? I feel like I'm finally closing in on this. I would appreciate any help you could give.

On mine, you lift them up to let the water flow, not turn them.

2013leprechaun319dsf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, fresh water, tank, water, water tank