Old 05-03-2015, 03:17 PM   #1

Fuses for perimeter and license plate light

I have a 2015 Prism 24G built on a 2014 Sprinter 3500.
I smashed one of the LED perimeter lights in the back. I bought a new one, but may have wired it in with reverse polarity. It didn't go on. Now I notice that none of the perimeter lights or the licence plate light work (I assume they're supposed to go on when I turn on the headlights)
I consulted the Sprinter fuse allocation supplement, which lists a fuse #20 in fuse block F55/5 as the controlling fuse. That block is supposed to be in a box under the driver's seat, with 4 other blocks. I found the box (on the side of the seat pedestal behind an apron), but was surprised to find that block F55/5 and another were not there, therefore neither was fuse #20.
I presume Coachmen or even Mercedes has moved it, but I can't find it.
Does anyone have any information?
A second question about lights: there are 3 toggle switches near the battery cutoff switch. One controls the porch light, and the other the main cabin lights. The third doesn't seem to do anything, and all the interior lights are working. What is the third switch supposed to control?
Thanks in advance.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:30 PM   #2

Hi all
I'll answer my own questions.
I spent several hours trying to find the problem with the perimeter/licence plate lights. I consulted several times with Coachmen customer service. No luck.
Finally, I brought it in to a local RV repair place recommended by Mercedes. They found an unmarked panel with 4 screws in the rear storage compartment, which contained several fuses and the slide controller.
Had I known about it, I could have fixed it in 10 minutes. Nobody at customer service knew about it.
Several issues are puzzling to me. Why doesn't FR know about the construction of their own products? Why wasn't the panel labelled? Why doesn't FR publish a specific manual for each model of their lines?
Regarding the 3 toggle switches, one is for the porch lights, the other for the saloon lights, and the third is for the rear storage compartment light (not a very logical arrangement.) I labelled them all. FR should have done it to begin with.
All of these are relatively small matters which consumed a lot of my time.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:32 PM   #3

Fuses and lights in Prism 24G

Hi all
I'll answer my own questions.
I spent several hours trying to find the problem with the perimeter/licence plate lights. I consulted several times with Coachmen customer service. No luck.
Finally, I brought it in to a local RV repair place recommended by Mercedes. They found an unmarked panel with 4 screws in the rear storage compartment, which contained several fuses and the slide controller.
Had I known about it, I could have fixed it in 10 minutes. Nobody at customer service knew about it.
Several issues are puzzling to me. Why doesn't FR know about the construction of their own products? Why wasn't the panel labelled? Why doesn't FR publish a specific manual for each model of their lines?
Regarding the 3 toggle switches, one is for the porch lights, the other for the saloon lights, and the third is for the rear storage compartment light (not a very logical arrangement.) I labelled them all. FR should have done it to begin with.
All of these are relatively small matters which consumed a lot of my time.

Tags
fuse, light