Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2015, 07:49 PM   #1

Gray Water Question

We recently purchased a 2014 Coachman Encounter 37TZ and will be living in it full time and will be at our first location for the next 222 days. My question is regarding the gray water tank. Can we leave the dump value open on this tank so it does not need to be monitor all the time. We understand the black water tank needs to stay closed. Our unit does have a flush connection for the black water tank. Any info would be helpful. Also can someone tell me the 12 volt converter is located on this unit.
Barry11405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:13 PM   #2

Leave gray water tanks open, and black closed until at least 2/3 full. I usually schedule a certain day of the week to dump. Day before I usually close my gray tank valves. Dump black, then dump gray. This method gets the black crud flushed out and away.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:18 AM   #3

Thanks

We appreciate the info. We thought that would be fine but always like to check with more experience RVers
Barry11405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:51 AM   #4

Just be aware that there is a possibility of sewer smells coming into the camper if you use any of your ceiling fans with the valve open. Not always but could occur. I typically leave my grey open but sometimes have to close off till smell dissipates.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:57 PM   #5
Certified Curmudgeon

Barry11405,
The same question you had was recently posed over in the Cedar Creek section. There are a boat load of responses and some in depth discussion along with some good ideas (and some not as good). Rather than duplicate the electrons, you might want to take a look see. Here is a link to get you started:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post885881

Tags
water