Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2014, 08:21 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2R View Post
Bluegrasbaseman, this is pretty cool. We are finding out that campers (frogs-you will have to explain that to me) is very much like the group we have met over the years on .
FROG website

Quote:
Asquared, you have an interesting handle and closer to OBX so I am jealous of you too. Glad to meet ya.
Asquared is what one of my friends started because both DH and my name's start with A.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:13 PM   #22
L2R

got tickets! YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugrasbaseman View Post
Welcome from the big city of Marshville, will be working the race maybe camping too, so let us know if you decide to make the trip, always good to meet other FROGs
We just bought a couple of tickets for the Charlotte race. Our plan is to test out the dry camping aspects of our new ride. Guessing right now that we will drive down early Saturday morning and just land in the parking area and plan to spend the night if they will allow that.

Anyone reading this is more than welcome to join in.
If anyone knows of a better spot, we are all ears- I am just winging it here.
L2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Asquared, you have an interesting handle and closer to OBX so I am jealous of you too. Glad to meet ya.
Welcome from Wake Forest L2R. You'll love the folks on this forum. And I'm sorry, but I'm really gonna make you jealous. Not only are we closer to the OBX than asquared, but we are going down to the OBX for a long weekend starting the 26th of this month. Break away and meet us down there at Camp Hatteras. We are taking our grandson for his first really camping trip with Mimi and Pops.
2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:53 PM   #24
L2R

This is just wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrlakelover View Post
Welcome from Wake Forest L2R. You'll love the folks on this forum. And I'm sorry, but I'm really gonna make you jealous. Not only are we closer to the OBX than asquared, but we are going down to the OBX for a long weekend starting the 26th of this month. Break away and meet us down there at Camp Hatteras. We are taking our grandson for his first really camping trip with Mimi and Pops.
Ok, this is just not the right way to introduce yourself.
(but if I were in your position, I would do the same)
You are right, OBX is awesome. We made it to Ocean Lakes in S.C. this year and planned on OBX the first of Sept. but our new RV wasn't ready in time.

We have stayed at Kitty Hawk RV and liked it fine. Very quiet, relaxing place. My only regret is that I missed having a fire pit. I know I am the odd ball here but without a fire, it just feels like something is missing.

We also like Bandit's Roost at Kerr-Scott lake. It is only 90 minutes from our house and there are lots of nice back roads to ride.

Hope you have a great time there with the grandson and make lots of happy memories for all of you.
Thanks for posting, great meeting everyone here.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:23 PM   #25

Here's your firepit L2R and it's on sale! Portable Propane Campfire - Camco 58041 - Fire Pits - Camping World
2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:30 PM   #26

Quote:
.....We also like Bandit's Roost at Kerr-Scott lake. It is only 90 minutes from our house and there are lots of nice back roads to ride.
WE go to the same lake a lot also. We go to Fort Hamby about an hour for us from Pfafftown. We Kayak on the lake and like to go up the river as far as we can. You been to the Mason Jar?
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:49 AM   #27

Welcome, we also just bought a Pursuit two weeks ago. Did you buy from the dealer in NC? We are from SC and drove four hours to get ours but it was worth the deal. We bought the 31 BDP and love it. We have had no problems except the generator didn't run at the dealer so they changed the carburetor and it has worked fine. We also got a great deal because it's a 2014 and the 15 are out.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
waynesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:05 AM   #28
L2R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrlakelover View Post

but, but, but,

Click image for larger version

Name:	got wood`.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	62826
Old 09-15-2014, 05:07 AM   #29
L2R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
WE go to the same lake a lot also. We go to Fort Hamby about an hour for us from Pfafftown. We Kayak on the lake and like to go up the river as far as we can. You been to the Mason Jar?
We just started out at Bandit's Roost and it stuck. What is it about Ft. Hamby that you like better?

And no, don't know anything about the mason jar. Gonna have to explain that one to me.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:13 AM   #30
L2R

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesc View Post
Welcome, we also just bought a Pursuit two weeks ago. Did you buy from the dealer in NC? We are from SC and drove four hours to get ours but it was worth the deal. We bought the 31 BDP and love it. We have had no problems except the generator didn't run at the dealer so they changed the carburetor and it has worked fine. We also got a great deal because it's a 2014 and the 15 are out.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Congrats, we really do feel your excitement. Seems to be a great deal on a unit with all the really desirable goodies. Is this your first motorhome?
We graduated from a small tagalong. Quite a change

We did the exact same thing but bought the 29' version. Another couple put down a deposit and had them add an a/c unit in the bedroom with a couple of other minor upgrades. They backed out a couple of hours before the walk thru. We just happened to be there asking about it when the call came in.

We are having an issue with the frig. Hoping they get it fixed this week. We are anxious to get our baby back asap.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:00 AM   #31

Yes first motorhome but have been camping whole life. We looked for years and bought the floor plan we love. We going camping this weekend for the first time and can't wait. We did stay near the dealer a couple of day but had no problems.

Wayne & Charlotte

Coachmen Pursuit 31 BDP
Old 11-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #32

We bought the same model, 2015 31 bdp31 this summer. No real major issues but a list a mile long on things that should of been taken care of before the rig was sold. We have issues with the hydraulics leaking, one of the compartments stays wet, water pump had to be replaced, drawers falling off the tracks and the radio broke. Still waiting on American family rv in Chesapeake to resolve several of these. All of these should of been caught is quality assurance checks were conducted at the factory. We are on the road now and have come across a couple more issues; 1. You can't check the air pressure on the rear tires unless you put valve extenders on the tires. Should come from the factory with them installed. 2. Went to set up my Wine gard satellite dish for sat TV and the existing wiring is for cable and will not support satellite so right now I'm in the process of putting new wiring in and it's no easy task, Took all day just to do the back tv.
rdpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 05:35 PM   #33
L2R

air gage

I felt the same way regarding the valve extenders.
I also found that the valve extenders I purchased were not bent where I could make them fit. That was a waste of money too
I found this and it works well and is accurate to my other tire gage tho' I can't tell you either is calibrated to what
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sorry about the other issues. We are on trip #4 and we haven't had any other issues.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:15 PM   #34

Going out this weekend for our third trip. So far no real problems. Did have my local garage line up the wheels in the back and put valve ext on. I think they come like that from Ford and RV dealers never remove back tires.

Wayne & Charlotte

Coachmen Pursuit 31 BDP
Old 11-09-2014, 08:42 PM   #35

We're in fl right now. I've ordered the extenders and will have them put on next year before we head back home. Had them on our previous Rv. Makes it real easy to maintain tires.
rdpotter is offline   Reply With Quote