Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2014, 09:21 PM   #21
Site Team
 
asquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 10,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by L2R View Post
Bluegrasbaseman, this is pretty cool. We are finding out that campers (frogs-you will have to explain that to me) is very much like the group we have met over the years on .
FROG website

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2R View Post
Asquared, you have an interesting handle and closer to OBX so I am jealous of you too. Glad to meet ya.
Asquared is what one of my friends started because both DH and my name's start with A.
__________________

__________________
<a href=http://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg target=_blank>http://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg</a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:13 PM   #22
L2R
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Winston Salem
Posts: 69
got tickets! YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugrasbaseman View Post
Welcome from the big city of Marshville, will be working the race maybe camping too, so let us know if you decide to make the trip, always good to meet other FROGs
We just bought a couple of tickets for the Charlotte race. Our plan is to test out the dry camping aspects of our new ride. Guessing right now that we will drive down early Saturday morning and just land in the parking area and plan to spend the night if they will allow that.

Anyone reading this is more than welcome to join in.
If anyone knows of a better spot, we are all ears- I am just winging it here.
__________________

__________________
L2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:19 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
kerrlakelover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by L2R View Post
Asquared, you have an interesting handle and closer to OBX so I am jealous of you too. Glad to meet ya.
Welcome from Wake Forest L2R. You'll love the folks on this forum. And I'm sorry, but I'm really gonna make you jealous. Not only are we closer to the OBX than asquared, but we are going down to the OBX for a long weekend starting the 26th of this month. Break away and meet us down there at Camp Hatteras. We are taking our grandson for his first really camping trip with Mimi and Pops.
__________________
North Carolina born and bred
2010 Sandpiper 345RET
2011 2500 Duramax Silverado
2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:53 PM   #24
L2R
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Winston Salem
Posts: 69
This is just wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrlakelover View Post
Welcome from Wake Forest L2R. You'll love the folks on this forum. And I'm sorry, but I'm really gonna make you jealous. Not only are we closer to the OBX than asquared, but we are going down to the OBX for a long weekend starting the 26th of this month. Break away and meet us down there at Camp Hatteras. We are taking our grandson for his first really camping trip with Mimi and Pops.
Ok, this is just not the right way to introduce yourself.
(but if I were in your position, I would do the same)
You are right, OBX is awesome. We made it to Ocean Lakes in S.C. this year and planned on OBX the first of Sept. but our new RV wasn't ready in time.

We have stayed at Kitty Hawk RV and liked it fine. Very quiet, relaxing place. My only regret is that I missed having a fire pit. I know I am the odd ball here but without a fire, it just feels like something is missing.

We also like Bandit's Roost at Kerr-Scott lake. It is only 90 minutes from our house and there are lots of nice back roads to ride.

Hope you have a great time there with the grandson and make lots of happy memories for all of you.
Thanks for posting, great meeting everyone here.
__________________
L2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:23 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
kerrlakelover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 480
Here's your firepit L2R and it's on sale! Portable Propane Campfire - Camco 58041 - Fire Pits - Camping World
__________________
North Carolina born and bred
2010 Sandpiper 345RET
2011 2500 Duramax Silverado
2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:30 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Evereddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pfafftown NC
Posts: 2,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by L2R View Post
.....We also like Bandit's Roost at Kerr-Scott lake. It is only 90 minutes from our house and there are lots of nice back roads to ride.
WE go to the same lake a lot also. We go to Fort Hamby about an hour for us from Pfafftown. We Kayak on the lake and like to go up the river as far as we can. You been to the Mason Jar?
__________________
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:49 AM   #27
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 9
Welcome, we also just bought a Pursuit two weeks ago. Did you buy from the dealer in NC? We are from SC and drove four hours to get ours but it was worth the deal. We bought the 31 BDP and love it. We have had no problems except the generator didn't run at the dealer so they changed the carburetor and it has worked fine. We also got a great deal because it's a 2014 and the 15 are out.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
waynesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:05 AM   #28
L2R
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Winston Salem
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrlakelover View Post

but, but, but,

Click image for larger version

Name:	got wood`.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	62826
__________________
L2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:07 AM   #29
L2R
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Winston Salem
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
WE go to the same lake a lot also. We go to Fort Hamby about an hour for us from Pfafftown. We Kayak on the lake and like to go up the river as far as we can. You been to the Mason Jar?
We just started out at Bandit's Roost and it stuck. What is it about Ft. Hamby that you like better?

And no, don't know anything about the mason jar. Gonna have to explain that one to me.
__________________
L2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:13 AM   #30
L2R
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Winston Salem
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesc View Post
Welcome, we also just bought a Pursuit two weeks ago. Did you buy from the dealer in NC? We are from SC and drove four hours to get ours but it was worth the deal. We bought the 31 BDP and love it. We have had no problems except the generator didn't run at the dealer so they changed the carburetor and it has worked fine. We also got a great deal because it's a 2014 and the 15 are out.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Congrats, we really do feel your excitement. Seems to be a great deal on a unit with all the really desirable goodies. Is this your first motorhome?
We graduated from a small tagalong. Quite a change


We did the exact same thing but bought the 29' version. Another couple put down a deposit and had them add an a/c unit in the bedroom with a couple of other minor upgrades. They backed out a couple of hours before the walk thru. We just happened to be there asking about it when the call came in.

We are having an issue with the frig. Hoping they get it fixed this week. We are anxious to get our baby back asap.
__________________

__________________
L2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 PM.