Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2015, 08:12 AM   #1

Hot water bypass location

Is this accessible by opening up the false cabinet in the bedroom (27 kb pursuit). ?
jjd74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:18 AM   #2

Think I found it. Bedroom closet in the floor. Now for a hex screwdriver!
Old 04-18-2015, 02:57 PM   #3
Certified Curmudgeon

Floor of the bedroom cabinet right side. Mine was just stuck in there. I added a screw to keep it from falling in.
The three valves are under the flex heat ducts. Just push em out if your way. You will also see your water heater and further left, the furnace. And lots of sawdust and garbage.
Good time to check your ducts to make sure they are attached to the furnace. A gentle tug will do.
The false cabinet on the lower left is where your fresh water tank resides.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:33 AM   #4

hey duck, to get the cover off the fresh water tank what do you use to pry it off seems real tight, don't want to damage the cheap paper cabinets any more than they already are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Floor of the bedroom cabinet right side. Mine was just stuck in there. I added a screw to keep it from falling in.
The three valves are under the flex heat ducts. Just push em out if your way. You will also see your water heater and further left, the furnace. And lots of sawdust and garbage.
Good time to check your ducts to make sure they are attached to the furnace. A gentle tug will do.
The false cabinet on the lower left is where your fresh water tank resides.
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:04 AM   #5

Hey Hammer, why are you opening that access panel? You are talking about the lower cabinet ODS in the farthest back bedroom corner?

Also, have any of you filled up your fresh water tank to overflow ? I wasn't there for it, but was told that water apparently was coming out the back bumper from being overfilled. I would have thought there is an overflow valve to the low drain valve (but maybe this was in the shut position which caused water to flow out the back). As it is now, I keep my finger pressed on the fresh water indicator and run to turn off the water when it registers full.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:12 AM   #6

I am curious, and also was wondering if there was a overflow, I just listen to the water and when I didnt hear it anymore going in is when I turned it off, and went inside to see what the indicator read, and it said it was full, there should be a overflow, there has been on the trailers I have had, but who knows with coachman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjd74 View Post
Hey Hammer, why are you opening that access panel? You are talking about the lower cabinet ODS in the farthest back bedroom corner?

Also, have any of you filled up your fresh water tank to overflow ? I wasn't there for it, but was told that water apparently was coming out the back bumper from being overfilled. I would have thought there is an overflow valve to the low drain valve (but maybe this was in the shut position which caused water to flow out the back). As it is now, I keep my finger pressed on the fresh water indicator and run to turn off the water when it registers full.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:43 PM   #7
Certified Curmudgeon

Yes, there is an overflow. The cabinet panel covering the water tank is held on with 4 wood screws (sq drive). Just pop the wood plugs out with a knife or a spatchula.
The over flow goes through the deck at the rear of the coach. If you look up behind the last compartment you will see 2 tubes. If I recall correctly, the 2nd one is a vent. Since the rear wall has darko fabric on it, the water from the overflow will not hurt anything.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	419.2 KB
ID:	74901  
Old 04-22-2015, 08:05 AM   #8

thanks
Old 04-23-2015, 08:18 PM   #9

Had the same problem with mine today... I pulled the panel in the storage compartment next to the water heater and the cold water valve was set to "MIX"
chrismbrock2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:48 AM   #10

Here's a pic of theClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1430664477.054393.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	75987 over flow pipe
Old 05-03-2015, 11:01 AM   #11
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Here's a pic of theAttachment 75987 over flow pipe
Is that daylight I see at the floor?
Old 05-03-2015, 11:09 AM   #12

Aye.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:17 AM   #13

Quote:
Aye.

Oops. Meant more. I was intrigued to find the drain line (still don't see it) after seeing that daylight too. This is a live action sequence of attachments: First is general area of drain outlet location before overfill, second shows some water coming out around pipe. I heard the gurgle and whoosh, it's basically under the sewer bumper alongside the frame. Seems a fine spot.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:18 AM   #14

Quote:
oops. Meant more. I was intrigued to find the drain line (still don't see it) after seeing that daylight too. This is a live action sequence of attachments: First is general area of drain outlet location before overfill, second shows some water coming out around pipe. I heard the gurgle and whoosh, it's basically under the sewer bumper alongside the frame. Seems a fine spot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1430669898.123573.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	75990Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1430669910.824170.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	75991
Old 05-03-2015, 09:06 PM   #15

Update: I do see the pipes, I realize now as Ducky noted several posts ago, you can see them poking out across from the rear compartment if you're looking up into the chassis frame. Mystery solved.

Tags
bypass, cat, hot water, location, water