Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2019, 02:02 PM   #1

How to connect wifi moden to TV system on 2018 Mirada

Had Spectrum come out to hook us up to their cable TV and wi-fi. He hooked the outside coax to the connector by the water hook-up and then connected a 2-way splitter to the coax connector behind the TV in the bedroom. He then connected the TV cable box to one side of the splitter and a moden to the other side of the splitter. The antenna switch was put to park. He could not get a single. He said there must be another switch or connector somewhere, but we could not find any. Any advise?
jackhos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:15 PM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Do you only have a tv in the bedroom or are you trying to feed another tv from there?

If you have a cable box, that has to feed directly to whatever tv you are trying to get cable channels on. Depending on the box, it either feeds the channels via coax and the tv does a search or the cable box connects via a HDMI cable and you use a remote specifically for the cable box and change channels with it.

Hard to tell what is going on without more information.

Is your outside connection labeled anything?
Some are cable only some also have another for satellite.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:21 PM   #3

In our 2020 Mirada 37RB the outside connection in the wet bay is for input of cable but it is only for cable that does not require a box. Someplace that cable goes to a splitter which sends the signal to all 5 TV locations. That splitter will degrade the digital signal to the point where the cable box and modem will probably not work. I know it kills our satellite signal. We wound up running a separate cable for the satellite dish and I am pretty sure you are going to need to do the same for the cable box.
2022 F150 Powerboost Hybrid.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:49 PM   #4

The connector in the wet bay is not labeled, but I'm sure it is for Park cable. Somewhere on the roof is a connection foe satellite. The second coax connection behind the TV in bedroom is for the satellite. The cable guy said that when hooked-up right, the cable box would only run on the one TV in the bedroom.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:59 PM   #5

What brand TVs and what type cable signal (analog or digital)? I have SEIKI TVs and the tuner in them does not receive digital cable only Over The Air and analog cable.

AL
1997 F-350 CC PSD
BigHomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:44 AM   #6

Our TV is a AXXERA. Probably the same problem.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:40 PM   #7

Cool mirada TV hook up

I have a 2016 mirada 35 kb. The factory sent me the entire set of diagrams from frame to outlets. The exterior water bay cable hookup is for the campground cable. The roof has a seperate cable for Sat. The two cables come to a jumper location for installation of a Sat box. Mine is in a bin over the sink. They are some times in the bin over the door. The two cable come to that location. With out The sat box installed the jumper then sends the campground signal to a amp. Mine is located in a bin over the pass window. it is accessable by popping off to snap on covers and unscrewing the panel. The amp has two imputs ANT and CABLE. from there the signal goes out via cable to the three TVs. To operate with the antenna it usually has to have the power to the amp ON. for campground cable off. The TVs have to search for the over the air stations at each new city the same way one sets a new TV up. The same for the cable. If your location uses a box for the cable I would look for the jumper location and install it between the incoming cable and the signal to the amp and try it with both the amp on and off. The box is going to be sending out a single station number say 4. The box changes the chanel. If the box has only an HDMI out put that is why they tried to put it with one TV. IF the box is getting the signal through the amp one would then need to change the incoming of the TV to the HDMI port that the box is plugged into. SAt boxes no longer have an output in cable format only HDMI or older stereo(red & white) and composit(yellow) plugs. The Sat box would still go where the jumper is located but instead of a direct HDMI output one would use the HDMI output into a "modulator" that would then change the HDMI to a HI DEF channel that could be picked up by your TVs as an extra channel. Dish's popular Wally reciever is radio controlled by its channel changer so one can change the channel from where ever in the RV. In this configeration one can only watch one sat channel at a time (BUT ON ALL TVs), however we find we can also use the antenna for other channels on other TVs. Happy to answer any other questions. It took me two years to find this all out, locate the right HDMI modulator for the lowest price and have SAT, ANTENNA AND CAMPGROUND CABLE for my HDMI TVs. Hope this helps.
Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi View Post
I have a 2016 mirada 35 kb. The factory sent me the entire set of diagrams from frame to outlets.
It took me two years to find this all out, locate the right HDMI modulator for the lowest price and have SAT, ANTENNA AND CAMPGROUND CABLE for my HDMI TVs. Hope this helps.
Would you mind sharing the diagrams and the info on the modulator you used?

AL
1997 F-350 CC PSD
BigHomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:30 PM   #9
Smittty

The Seiki TVs are terrible. I replaced ours with 32” Sony Bravada and now are able to get much more over sir and Park cable channels and the are also smart for streaming.
Smittty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:35 PM   #10
Smittty

Actually while I am at it on the lousy TV’s the radio and speakers suck also. I replaced those with Sony also. When my radio quit the first year I looked it up on line to buy the same thing and you could buy a new one for $29.00 and the speakers they put in were 2 for $20. Also replaced.
Smittty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wifi