Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #1

How will you use your Coachmen Motorhome?

I'm curious.

I am about to retire (3 months and 1 week; at the end of July).

I was looking forward to some long trips. 30 days at a time perhaps. Out West, the Pacific Northwest, the South; wherever we felt like going.

Unfortunately, Cindy won't retire until 2017. So long, extended, trips are not likely.

She does do some traveling though and since I'll be as free as a bird, (sounds really good doesn't it?) we can take the coach instead of her flying so I'll get more use out of the coach than we did when I was working. Plus we take weekends, holidays, and she has vacation time, so overall I expect our coach use to triple over our time in it last year.

Still, I can't wait to take some long extended trips and of course Alaska will be the big one for us. Maybe a tour of the Canadian Provinces too. Nova Scotia too, geez it never ends. We might just start planning time to stay in the stick house and everything else is in the coach on the road. LOL

Anyway... what do you hope to do in your coach over the next year and then over the next couple of years if your situation changes (like Cindy and I) or maybe you're young and this will be vacation and weekends only.

I'm just nosy.

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #2

VACATIONS!!!!!!!!!! As many as I can fit in from now into the Fall! With the occasional NASCAR race thrown in for good measure as well!

(I'm SO envious of your upcoming retirement!!)

I do want to someday do the Daytona 500, then hit Disney on our way back. I need two weeks for that trip. Three would really be ideal, but this "work" thing keeps getting in the way of all my future leisure time!
go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
I'm curious.

I am about to retire (3 months and 1 week; at the end of July).

I was looking forward to some long trips. 30 days at a time perhaps. Out West, the Pacific Northwest, the South; wherever we felt like going.

Unfortunately, Cindy won't retire until 2017. So long, extended, trips are not likely.

She does do some traveling though and since I'll be as free as a bird, (sounds really good doesn't it?) we can take the coach instead of her flying so I'll get more use out of the coach than we did when I was working. Plus we take weekends, holidays, and she has vacation time, so overall I expect our coach use to triple over our time in it last year.

Still, I can't wait to take some long extended trips and of course Alaska will be the big one for us. Maybe a tour of the Canadian Provinces too. Nova Scotia too, geez it never ends. We might just start planning time to stay in the stick house and everything else is in the coach on the road. LOL

Anyway... what do you hope to do in your coach over the next year and then over the next couple of years if your situation changes (like Cindy and I) or maybe you're young and this will be vacation and weekends only.

I'm just nosy.

Roll

Congrats on your upcoming retirement. I retired from full time work in 2010 and the wife is still working. She's seven years younger than me, loves her job so she will probably retire about the same age as I did. It's been great. She goes off to work and I have plenty of time to myself to to work on the projects I put off while working. Just remember when retired ever day is a Saturday and there's no hurry as there is always tomorrow to get something finished!!!
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote