Old 08-08-2016, 08:00 PM   #11
We got ours in March and really like it.
Some small things like lug nut covers came off on our way home but called MHSRV and they sent replacements.
AC on dash needed a new control knob we got that fixed at a local RV dealer under Warrenty
Compared to some of the stories I have read about others buying new RVs ours had minimal issues.
The bunk beds being overhead is nice for us since we will not be using them and did not have to waste floor space. Still think they will be a beni for resale since unit sleeps 8. Great family unit.
A lot of higher end option like auto start gen.
MHSRV include all options when ordering their units.

farmenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:22 PM   #12
Were a step down with a Mirada but all Coachmen A's are built at Plant 310. A separate facility from the main plant. We just had a private tour and saw SC, Mirada's and P's in production. They only build 4 to 6 coaches per day. The really do a wonderful job and take s lot of pride.

I too wondered why you never hear much as compared to other rigs. I guess my take is that they only build 1,000 units per year, they do it very well and folks get a great product for the price. Hopefully no one will find out and ruin the party!

Life is always better under a Palm tree...

2016 Mirada 35BH "Trolley"
2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude

Previous- Jayco Greyhawk 31FK

Western NY

WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:07 PM   #13
Hello all. I am new to the forum. I have been kicking around the idea of a DP to replace my bumper pull. After looking at a lot of floor plans, the 404RB looks like a great one for my family of seven. However, the 340HP Cummins is a bit of a concern. Have any of you towed a vehicle with it? I would need something with a curb weight between 4000 and 4500Lb to seat everyone (maybe a Flex), and I am thinking that might be pushing the limits of this coach. Can anyone comment on this?

Second question: are there are any places to get decent service in the Houston area?

txjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:56 AM   #14
Cross Country 404RB

if you ever want a plant tour, call me and we'll hook you up with a tour of the plant. If you have any particular questions on Sportscoach Cross Country, call 800-353-7383, ext 8543. All calls transfer to my cell phone so if I don't answer, please leave a message. Thanks for all the feedback. We all take pride in what we do!
SCJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:28 PM   #15
I pull a Jeep Wrangler with no issues. Can't drag race but I did not get it for that. From Texas to S Dakota on one trip this summer and topped Ratan pass at 40 mph. Another trip to Florida. I usually set the cruise at 65-70 mph. We are very pleased!
mark10361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:30 PM   #16
I also live in NW Houston. Got the first service at Speedco. Not impressed. I plan on doing the rest myself.
mark10361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:17 AM   #17
Hi folks,

Would one of you have have a picture of the coach with the slides in by any chance? I don't have a dealer that's close and the picture would really be helpful!

Thank you

H-Man is offline   Reply With Quote