Old 03-01-2015, 02:12 PM   #21
L2R

Good info.

I too, have a furry motion detector and we usually are traveling in the mid 90 degree temps in the summer.

If you ever have time to locate some drawings or take some pictures, I would like to take advantage of your lessons learned. I probably can do any fab work in my garage.

Thanks again for all the information. I saved your first post here and see several things to do.

I will look again at the tiger trak.
Did you do the front, rear or both?
thanks.

Old 03-01-2015, 03:32 PM   #22
Former Full Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2R View Post
Good info.

I too, have a furry motion detector and we usually are traveling in the mid 90 degree temps in the summer.

If you ever have time to locate some drawings or take some pictures, I would like to take advantage of your lessons learned. I probably can do any fab work in my garage.

Thanks again for all the information. I saved your first post here and see several things to do.

I will look again at the tiger trak.
Did you do the front, rear or both?
thanks.
Ill go out and take some pics for you.

The Track Bar (Panhard) is for the rear only. Ford has been putting a front
bar in for years.

Ducky

Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:12 PM   #23
L2R

Bella thanks you in advance

Meet the boss!

Name:   005.JPG
Views: 176
Size:  87.2 KB
Old 03-01-2015, 04:25 PM   #24
Former Full Timer

Bella is very welcome. I have sent you a PM with a link to Photobucket and a passcode.
Elbert Hubbard
Old 03-01-2015, 05:23 PM   #25
L2R

Great thanks,

So the intent to shield the engine heat from the generator compartment as well as making a fresh air vent into the generator compartment?

And +1 on the gas cap. The felt like I was protecting my 401k when gas was 3.69.

Bella says she REALLY likes the center console so I think that will be next on the short list.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:27 PM   #26
Former Full Timer

Quote:
Great thanks,

So the intent to shield the engine heat from the generator compartment as well as making a fresh air vent into the generator compartment?...
Exactly. The fresh air vent was the first try. It helped but between the heat from the genset itself added to the exhaust and engine heat from the V-10 the compartment was being flooded with heated air. With the shielding the coach engine and exhaust heat is kept out and the genset can exhaust the ambient air used to cool the unit itself out the bottom like it is suppose to.
Elbert Hubbard
Old 03-02-2015, 08:21 PM   #27
L2R

My list of upgrades has grown over the Winter.

Safe-t-plus is on order and tigertrak will be as soon as they tell me which one fits my rig.

The sewer lines and back up lights are here so they will be next as soon I can catch a little warmer weather on a week end.

Got a trip planned for end of April so we are getting excited now!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2015, 09:21 AM   #28
L2R

took the RV to the dealer to replace the curtains and replace the fabric on the back of the driver's chair. It had a bad scuff from the slide when we bought it.

While they were waiting on the chair, the kitchen slide opened by itself. Now we are waiting on a motor control module.

We had snow last week and now 60 degree weather so I wished I could have used the time to install some upgrades that are sitting in the garage.

On the other hand, if the slides had opened while driving down I-40, it would have been a lot worse.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:44 AM   #29

so the slide opened by its self, hummmm, what is the percentage of this ever happening again, to you or someone else who is driving down the road, what precautions are being considered to prevent this, this should be discussed in full and something done to all the motorhomes that have this controller, to me it is serious issue, if I had a machine that would automatically start in my plant as a maintenance engineer/ manager , that would be a life threatening issue

Quote:
took the RV to the dealer to replace the curtains and replace the fabric on the back of the driver's chair. It had a bad scuff from the slide when we bought it.

While they were waiting on the chair, the kitchen slide opened by itself. Now we are waiting on a motor control module.

We had snow last week and now 60 degree weather so I wished I could have used the time to install some upgrades that are sitting in the garage.

On the other hand, if the slides had opened while driving down I-40, it would have been a lot worse.
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:01 AM   #30

Back when we first got our 30BDP Pursuit we had the same thing happen with the main/kitchen slide. Ended up being a bad magnetic safety switch, on the bottom of the slide. Unit was turned off parking brake set and main power on. They replaced the switch and also found a wire that was chaffed. No problems since. Picking it back up from Middlebury at the service center then off to FL for a week trip.

FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote