Old 04-01-2015, 10:20 AM   #51

I inspect my tracks every time I operate the slide now that they destroyed one the first time they operated it for me, I just do not trust that they will not fail again, and before I bring it in I check to see if the coach is level with the auto leveler, I also noticed under the hood on the right side of the coach there is a water level there, which is good, I never knew what they used to get info for leveling the coach, not sure if it is actually water, but some kind of liquid anyway

hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:14 PM   #52
Former Full Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
...I also noticed under the hood on the right side of the coach there is a water level there, which is good, I never knew what they used to get info for leveling the coach, not sure if it is actually water, but some kind of liquid anyway
I have not seen this gem and if it is what you say it is, that is not how the LCI level-up finds level. That function is manually programmed. Soooo, which is the right side? You could say door side or off door side or passenger side or drivers side and I would know. Right side depends on where you are and which way you are facing. Or, you could post a picture

Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:46 PM   #53
L2R

I don't know where the water is coming from but it has been level and dry here for a few days. I suspect it is a leak coming off the slide.

All in all, good to find it now while it is under warranty and before severe damage is done.

They acted like they could care less so I sent an email with a list of expectations including a thorough walk thru and explanation of each thing done while showing me each item listed.

I figure I have 5 months tao learn all I can and get them to own all they will so when the warranty is gone, I will have most of this under my belt.

Bad day today but I have learned a lot about the rv and this dealership.

I know now to always ask, what exactly did Forest River recommend. Did you do everything required?
Old 04-02-2015, 07:14 AM   #54

hey duck, I could be wrong, it is not like it has not happened before, looking into the front grill it would be on the left, it has blue poly line going to the clear plastic tube which is partially filled with a clear liquid, at least what I thought was a level gauge, if the lci does not use a level of some sort haw does it know where to find level, even every pc at every plant I have worked in had to have one source of level to read a reading accurately, or any weight, the lci would have to have a source to find a level somewhere I would think, I am always willing to learn and willing to back track my comment to one more familiar with the systems at hand , and also willing to learn from anyone, anywhere, I can and will stand corrected, and can also ask the management to remove my ignorance from this thread, and in the future leave the replying to those who know what they are talking about ,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
I have not seen this gem and if it is what you say it is, that is not how the LCI level-up finds level. That function is manually programmed. Soooo, which is the right side? You could say door side or off door side or passenger side or drivers side and I would know. Right side depends on where you are and which way you are facing. Or, you could post a picture
Old 04-02-2015, 07:26 AM   #55

have you spoken to nate hedges, I have spoke to him several times, and he has gave me options on where I could get my coach fixed by reputable people that he deals with, I have talked with him about my papered wood bubbling and all on the cabinets, and he has referred me to a shop here where I live if my dealer does not make me happy, they are 5 1/2 hours away, he is also willing to find a door holder for my entry door, because of the door has to be straight out 90 degrees for the awning to be extended, and our door did not come with anything at all, and because of the wind we now have a nice dent in the door, the ones I have found on line and here are not long enough to keep the door at a 90 degree for clearance of the awning rails,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2R View Post
I don't know where the water is coming from but it has been level and dry here for a few days. I suspect it is a leak coming off the slide.

All in all, good to find it now while it is under warranty and before severe damage is done.

They acted like they could care less so I sent an email with a list of expectations including a thorough walk thru and explanation of each thing done while showing me each item listed.

I figure I have 5 months tao learn all I can and get them to own all they will so when the warranty is gone, I will have most of this under my belt.

Bad day today but I have learned a lot about the rv and this dealership.

I know now to always ask, what exactly did Forest River recommend. Did you do everything required?
Old 04-02-2015, 10:43 AM   #56
Former Full Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
hey duck, I could be wrong, it is not like it has not happened before, looking into the front grill it would be on the left, it has blue poly line going to the clear plastic tube which is partially filled with a clear liquid, at least what I thought was a level gauge, if the lci does not use a level of some sort haw does it know where to find level, even every pc at every plant I have worked in had to have one source of level to read a reading accurately, or any weight, the lci would have to have a source to find a level somewhere I would think, I am always willing to learn and willing to back track my comment to one more familiar with the systems at hand , and also willing to learn from anyone, anywhere, I can and will stand corrected, and can also ask the management to remove my ignorance from this thread, and in the future leave the replying to those who know what they are talking about ,,,,
Hey Hammer,
Here is how the motorized level-up finds level:
https://lci1.com/assets/content/supp...d-leveling.pdf
Page 10 is where you will find the process.
The control box on your unit is located in the forward compartment on the ODS
just in front of the level-up unit. Pics are posted below so you can see it.
Also pictured below are pics of the location where you described a liquid leveling sensor. One blue poly line goes to the temp control and the other is a vaccume line for valve that controls the airbox. Please post a picture of what you are referring to if you do not see it in the pics I posted. We will discuss the rest if your post later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	72818  
Elbert Hubbard
Old 04-02-2015, 10:45 AM   #57
Former Full Timer

Pic 2
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	53
Size:	270.2 KB
ID:	72820  
Elbert Hubbard
Old 04-02-2015, 10:46 AM   #58
Former Full Timer

Pic 3
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	53
Size:	297.2 KB
ID:	72821  
Elbert Hubbard
Old 04-02-2015, 10:48 AM   #59
Former Full Timer

Pic 4
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	51
Size:	230.4 KB
ID:	72822  
Elbert Hubbard
Old 04-02-2015, 11:09 AM   #60

I know there is a brain, or controller, that controls the state of the coach, I think the controller would have to get info from somewhere around the coach to know where level is, a level input from some thing to tell the controller to extend the jack to a certain height, so I was mistaken to say it was liquid, thats ok, please don't take my words anyway but that I was wrong to say something I have no clue as to how it operates, for this I am sorry, I was just surprised that they would use a water level, but they didn't so end of story sir, thanks for correcting me, I need that every now and then, "CHEERS"

I will just sign out of the commenting on that stuff, and keep my posting simple, like on going and coming, to and fro, lol