Old 04-02-2015, 04:46 PM   #61
L2R

I found these videos from Lippert last week.
How to set zero and how to manually retract.

I started a favorites folder with these kinds of things inside.

Guessing they have more but haven't looked yet.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:46 PM   #62
Former Full Timer

The slide out video is not appropriate for your unit.

Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:20 PM   #63

Btw. I think hammer55 has it right. I'm likely getting ready to call/email Nate Hedges myself. He was helpful and reasonable last time in getting things fixed so I'd give it a go, PM me if you need any info or have a question.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:33 PM   #64
L2R

All this to you Pursuit owners. Lift up your storage doors and run your hand up across the top of the opening on the inside of the storage area. This is what caused my slide to open while driving and damaged a $600 controller.

Got the call to pick up the RV.

Hydraulic oil was low, now the leveling jacks work
They replaced the slide controller AGAIN.
The battery switch just inside the door was wired wrong so the step didn't ever work right. (I kept thinking I was doing something wrong- it worked but not right)
Forest Rivers 'fix' for moisture in the storage area was to caulk, add a vent and fix the seal where the door closes.

I told them the 'find the leak', the root cause.
They followed the FR instructions, more caulking, new vent and waha, more water inside the storage area. It is concentrated at the top of the door opening but in the inside of the lip.

The service tech told me that this was normal and all storage areas have moisture so I asked him to show me one. The other 3 on the back side were dry as was the storage area on an old RV sitting next to us.

I checked them all and finally found the opposite storage area between the entry door and front tire was wet too.

It had rained the night before and I believe the issue is the foam gasket between the door frame and the cut out of the fiberglass wall.

He said he would use tan caulk and caulk around the top edge of all 8 storage doors.
I suggested he pull off the 2 door frames that were leaking and leave the other 6 doors alone.
He repeated what he said and I repeated that the way to fix this is to fix the problem.
This is now their 3rd attempt.

They keep saying they follow whatever FR says to do and maybe that is cover themselves while it is under warranty but they surely won't take ownership of the issue nor will they think independently much less satisfy me.

I refused to accept the RV. He said he would call FR again Monday to see what they said.

If it looks ok and doesn't leak, I will accept it and keep and eye on the moisture.
When I see it after a rain, I will pull the doors and frame, use some marine silicone and consider it really fixed.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:37 PM   #65
Former Full Timer

I hear your frustration. Not all dealerships are up to the repair level the factory dumps on them. They are also a self serving for profit corporation that is not going to do much that the factory does not reimburse them for. It is up to us, the consumer, to hold the manufacturers feet to the fire and force them to abide by the terms of the warranty. Anything less is simply proving the bean counters right and enhancing corporate profit at your expense. So my question is; What are the consumer protections offered in your state? I know Florida has some very specific requirements. Leaky compartments would not meet the threshold but the random slide deployment would...
OK, Off the soap box now. Just sharing the 2 cents I have left after buying a new AC.
Elbert Hubbard
Old 04-11-2015, 10:53 PM   #66

Lemon laws usually allow up to three repair efforts for the same problem before the unit can be considered a lemon. I think you are taking the right course by refusing delivery until the unit is correct. I'd want to know the source of the leak too. I also had water in the compartment closest to the door. This was from a leaky slide that appears now to be fixed. Not near my coach to check but will be in a few days. Keep us posted and I'll hope for a good outcome.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:10 PM   #67
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
I know there is a brain, or controller, that controls the state of the coach, I think the controller would have to get info from somewhere around the coach to know where level is, a level input from some thing to tell the controller to extend the jack to a certain height, so I was mistaken to say it was liquid, thats ok, please don't take my words anyway but that I was wrong to say something I have no clue as to how it operates, for this I am sorry, I was just surprised that they would use a water level, but they didn't so end of story sir, thanks for correcting me, I need that every now and then, "CHEERS"

I will just sign out of the commenting on that stuff, and keep my posting simple, like on going and coming, to and fro, lol
Not to worry, on the old IH hillside combines that had 4 way leveling, we used a large pendulum suspended in a tank with 4 valves that controlled the cylinders that leveled a combine front to back and side to side harvesting on hillsides in the northwest. Pendulum is inside the canvas cover container to the left of the cab.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	harvest2006302.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	73958  
Old 04-12-2015, 12:12 PM   #68
L2R

It isn't between the door and trim, it is between the trim and rv. There was no water on the inside of the door or surrounding gasket. But quite a bit of water clinging to the inside of the trim just above the door.

I have no lemon law support in NC. It only applies to vehicles under 10k lbs.
I still think I have a good RV in general with some small issues. I have zero confidence in the dealer as they knew the leak wasn't fixed when they sent me back on the road. This risk was real, it did happen and it could be linked to the improper wiring of the main house battery switch as well and they just aren't being transparent.

Either way, I am committed to learning all I can while I still have a warranty, use the warranty to its fullest, then fix myself to my satisfaction.

I will get there but it is painful to have such a poor relationship with this dealer.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:33 AM   #69

passenger plc table

there is no passenger table for the seat, has anyone explored a fold away table for the front passenger seat, some MH models have a fold away table, would like some info or ideas for the wall on the starboard side, was also looking for some sort of cup holder besides the plastic ones in some models for the port drivers side wall, was thinking maybe a leather or vinyl covered on with a little area for trinkets or set a phone or something of that nature, boy I tell you if I had the inkling I could think of a lot of things to make to sell for the drivers and passenger walls for these MH that either I just cant find or they don't make as a after market product,,,,,

hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 05:55 PM   #70
Former Full Timer

Hammer,
You might find what you are looking for by sending a PM to Ken & Terri over in the Georgetown section. Ken made a slide out number that he mounted to the top of the dash. It was a nicely crafted and well thought out project. I added one more cupholder to each side and put one of those soft rubber cell phone + holder in the factory one. Then the console gave me two more cup holders, two storage trays and a huge locking compartment as well as a nice flat surface for my GPS to sit on.

Elbert Hubbard