Old 09-02-2016, 03:52 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pashooter View Post
Nice looking installation, Badlands. I had the basic central vac in my TT and kept that when I traded up to the Pursuit. I picked up the Vroom accessory and have been looking at the best way to install the system in the motorhome. I was thinking of putting the vac unit in the storage bay under the kitchen sink (there's already power there for the DVD player for the outside TV), then bringing the hose up through that cabinet and mounting the "business end" of of the hose behind the cabinet door. But after seeing your install I like how it fits under the rear seat of the U-shaped dinette. I have that dinette as well, and plan to build drawers under each of the side seats, but that will still leave wasted space under the rear seat. If I can figure out a good place to mount the hose end I may do something similar to what you did. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you, Pashooter. For us, the hose end location we chose was perfect. It's impossible for anyone to see where it's mounted, and the wood side of the recliner is a good 3/4" thick; solid as a rock where the hose-end assembly is mounted. As noted in another post of mine, we've been using it each day this week. It's so darn easy, especially without needing to drag a regular vac out, plug it in, attach a hose, etc. We just reach behind the recliner, hit the switch and pull the hose out. When we installed it, my wife couldn't believe that there was 35' of hose stored inside the 8' outer hose, but there sure is. You're going to love your VROOM!

2016 Coachman Leprechaun, 319DS, Motorhome, Dodge Durango Toad
Badlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 03:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
He has the Vroom hose attachment it was OEM up until fairly recently. I like the concept, just not sure about it yet.

I will probably go with the system you installed.

Aaron
You're correct, I too, understand that it's fairly new, other than OEM factory installs. In our former brick and mortar home, we had a Beam central vacuum system, and this Dirt Devil seems just as powerful, and there's no hose to store or get in the way.

Once a person sees how powerful it is, and easy to use -- especially the self-storing hose -- I think more folks will be looking at similar set-ups. Here's a link that may prove helpful: https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Dirt-...ose-p/9775.htm

Old 09-02-2016, 05:00 PM   #13

Looks like eBay is cheaper than Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Days camped 2016 8 2017 1
Iwannacamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Looks like eBay is cheaper than Amazon.

I may be incorrect (as often happens!) but I don't believe the VROOM model is on eBay, or Amazon. The model with the separate hose is on each of those sites, though.

To be clear, so I don't confuse anyone, the VROOM stores its hose within its assembly -- it's all one integral two-part hose. There's nothing to 'put away' except whatever attachments you've used. On the other model, you remove the hose and store it separately, and that's great, too, but I really like not having a hose to hook up and remove, and then store somewhere in the motorhome when I'm done. I'm certain both models have their advantages and disadvantages, but the one we have best fit our wants and needs.

A great Labor Day Holiday to all! Be safe!

Old 09-02-2016, 09:20 PM   #15

These are the ones I saw on a quick search. I been thinking about one for a while.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1472869219.092291.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	119268

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1472869238.128021.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	119269

Old 09-02-2016, 09:49 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
These are the ones I saw on a quick search. I been thinking about one for a while.

Attachment 119268
Attachment 119269

That one's very different from my unit, and the text states that it must be connected to an existing central vac system. I copied and pasted the text from the link you supplied:

Vroom Central Vacuum Cleaner Under The Counter Retractable 24 Ft Hose
Install under the counter in the kitchen or bathroom ands when needed just pull hose and it activates the main central vacuum cleaner unit.
Great for quick pick ups. 21.86 deep x 16.25 high x 3.25 wide.
Installation required to attach to existing central vacuum cleaner and wall outlet
Under Counter Retractable Hose Unit

The system I purchased is complete with everything, not an add-on to an existing unit.

Old 09-02-2016, 10:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands View Post
That one's very different from my unit, and the text states that it must be connected to an existing central vac system. I copied and pasted the text from the link you supplied:

Vroom Central Vacuum Cleaner Under The Counter Retractable 24 Ft Hose

Install under the counter in the kitchen or bathroom ands when needed just pull hose and it activates the main central vacuum cleaner unit.

Great for quick pick ups. 21.86 deep x 16.25 high x 3.25 wide.

Installation required to attach to existing central vacuum cleaner and wall outlet

Under Counter Retractable Hose Unit

The system I purchased is complete with everything, not an add-on to an existing unit.

Cool. I will check these out when I get closer. Thanks

Old 09-03-2016, 05:50 AM   #18

Here's the unit Badlands installed... and the one I have and am planning to install. I got mine here:

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Dirt-...ose-p/9775.htm

They also sell just the VroomRV hose assembly which is what I purchased, as I already had the CV1500 power unit from my previous travel trailer installation.

(I see now that Badlands previously supplied the same link I posted above)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	VroomRV.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	119280  

2016 Coachmen Pursuit 31BD
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport Toad
Nights camped in 2017: 3
pashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 06:42 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pashooter View Post
Here's the unit Badlands installed... and the one I have and am planning to install. I got mine here:

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Dirt-...ose-p/9775.htm

They also sell just the VroomRV hose assembly which is what I purchased, as I already had the CV1500 power unit from my previous travel trailer installation.

(I see now that Badlands previously supplied the same link I posted above)
Correct on all counts, Pashooter. The connection end of the 2" hose - the end that actually connects to the power head - comes with a long connection hose (8' or so), and you cut that hose to the length you need for your individual set-up. With my setup, I only needed less than a foot, but the added length would be especially nice for anyone wanting to mount the power unit in a more remote location, such as a storage locker below floor level, etc.

The only other thing needed for the install that's not supplied is PVC sealant/adhesive, which I had from another PVC project.

Tags
led