Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2019, 06:42 PM   #1

Jensen Radio dilemma

I have been trying to connect my IPhone 7 to mirror to the radio. Bought the digital lightning adapter from apple. Plugged HDMI to rear of radio connecting to the DL adapter. The Jensen JRV9000 screen says “parking brake must be on” set parking brake and warning on screen didn’t change. Didn’t find the phone. I’m hoping for some help on getting my phone hooked to my radio. I did plug the apple charging cord to the adapter. Thought was following the instructions but missing something!!
One other thing is there a way to eliminate the parking brake screen ?
Stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:10 PM   #2

YOu have a stereo made for cars or motor homes. You can overcome that message with a $10 diode made for the purpose of fooling the parking brake.

People in the stereo business have few good things to say about Jensen, iRV or the junky stereo I got with the Rockwood the infamous Genesis POs #2.
ppine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:32 PM   #3

To update my radio delima . I called tech service, said pink wire goes to parking brake. Pulled radio out only to find that wire is not connected. Tried to find phone once again now get a screen asking what phone I press iPhone nothing happens?? The Bluetooth works for playing music, but the phone portion doesn’t download my address book? Am I the only one that has this JRV9000 . Sure would like to hear some experiences.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:25 AM   #4

Stearn,
I really hate the Genesis once owned by Forest River and now out of busiiness. It is possible to find an IRV or Jensen replacement that fits the hole in the wall perfectlly and probably is just plug and play. But the quality of those replacements is reallly crummy.

After some serious thought I purchased a Pioneer 211ex yesterday. It is a touch screen double din with provisions for all the modern stuff. It is rectangular and will look right in the old hole in the wall. It cost $179 at Best Buy and the estimate to install it is $100 which I will gladly pay to overcome the parking brake, and have speakers working in all 3 zones on the Rockwood.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stearn View Post
To update my radio delima . I called tech service, said pink wire goes to parking brake. Pulled radio out only to find that wire is not connected. Tried to find phone once again now get a screen asking what phone I press iPhone nothing happens?? The Bluetooth works for playing music, but the phone portion doesn’t download my address book? Am I the only one that has this JRV9000 . Sure would like to hear some experiences.
I installed a MicroBypass on my Pioneer radio. They also make a bypass one for Jensen.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 05:53 PM   #6

ASA (Jenson ) tech helped me get my iphone to mirror on my radio . The “pink” wire just needed to get grounded. Now I can mirror my phone to our JRV 9000 . Not quite like on the car but I am happy to be able to run my Waze app on my Rv radio. I can also stream my favorite radio stations ! Did I mention I am electronically challenged! Really appreciated the tech help !
Old 09-09-2019, 09:11 PM   #7

I have used the $14 parking brake bypass like what is in this article with a Pioneer AVH-1440NEX. It works well, allowing all functions to work (including DVD) while in motion and works excellent with our iPhone (CarPlay, etc..) Yes, I don’t watch DVDs or anything else while driving. It includes inputs for a rear backup camera, other video, video output to other LCD screens, etc. I’ve been happy with it, picking it up for $250 in July 2018 and it’s going strong. This version also includes HD Radio.
wanderso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:31 AM   #8

I really like the Pioneer touch screen double din set up. It sounds great and does everything. It does not fit the hole left by the Genesis very well. It kind of sticks out a few inches. But I will gladly put up with that for the great sound.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:58 AM   #9

So what do you do for side and rear cameras? Didn’t see that feature with the Pioneer. Not real happy with this Jensen.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:53 AM   #10

Quote:
ASA (Jenson ) tech helped me get my iphone to mirror on my radio . The “pink” wire just needed to get grounded. Now I can mirror my phone to our JRV 9000 . Not quite like on the car but I am happy to be able to run my Waze app on my Rv radio. I can also stream my favorite radio stations ! Did I mention I am electronically challenged! Really appreciated the tech help !

Can you explain this more about the pink wire? I called ASA Jenson and they told me I can’t mirror my phone to use Waze app for my navigation screen on JVR9000 (it’s a iPhone 10)

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:56 AM   #11

There are 4 screws behind the plastic bezel . Once removed the radio will slide out . On mine the were several wires not being used all color coded one is pink . I extended that wire and took it to a ground. ( found a bolt on bracket holding steering column) The is a hdmi connector with the wires back of the radio, I bought a 3 ‘ hdmi cable ., brought it out to set on drivers side tray below radio. I bought the Apple Lighting Adapter hdmi. Plug adapter to phone and hdmi cable then plug Apple charging cable to lighting adapter, the to power source . I was told the phone doesn’t have enough power .
The size of my iPhone 7 is what comes up ! I expected the monitor to be full like in my car. I decided to go a different route.
Maybe your 10 will work different? I have the Rand McNally with lifetime maps setting on my dash . With Rand I can enter height and width to avoid low overpasses, dirt roads , not sure if or how I can program iPhone. End result for me is I use the rear camera while towing, and usb for music, and radio when I can find stations.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:31 AM   #12

Thanks, I’ll pull the JRV 9000 and try it, there preloaded map is not the greatest for sure.

Old 11-14-2019, 11:03 AM   #13

Utube has videos for removing the dash . Was very helpful for me.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderso View Post
I have used the $14 parking brake bypass like what is in this article with a Pioneer AVH-1440NEX. It works well, allowing all functions to work (including DVD) while in motion and works excellent with our iPhone (CarPlay, etc..) Yes, I don’t watch DVDs or anything else while driving. It includes inputs for a rear backup camera, other video, video output to other LCD screens, etc. I’ve been happy with it, picking it up for $250 in July 2018 and it’s going strong. This version also includes HD Radio.
I just installed the Pioneer avh-w4500nex with Wireless Apple Car Play, I purchased the bypass for it but it turns out this model is a little different for the bypass. You connect the green parking brake wire to the black ground wire then touch a certain spot on the screen and it goes into a permanent sort of demo mode.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6515.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	310.3 KB
ID:	219190  
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 04:48 PM   #15

Quote:
There are 4 screws behind the plastic bezel . Once removed the radio will slide out . On mine the were several wires not being used all color coded one is pink . I extended that wire and took it to a ground. ( found a bolt on bracket holding steering column) The is a hdmi connector with the wires back of the radio, I bought a 3 ‘ hdmi cable ., brought it out to set on drivers side tray below radio. I bought the Apple Lighting Adapter hdmi. Plug adapter to phone and hdmi cable then plug Apple charging cable to lighting adapter, the to power source . I was told the phone doesn’t have enough power .
The size of my iPhone 7 is what comes up ! I expected the monitor to be full like in my car. I decided to go a different route.
Maybe your 10 will work different? I have the Rand McNally with lifetime maps setting on my dash . With Rand I can enter height and width to avoid low overpasses, dirt roads , not sure if or how I can program iPhone. End result for me is I use the rear camera while towing, and usb for music, and radio when I can find stations.

Okay, after I ground the pink wire, is there a regular size HDMI slot to plug in the 1 end of the HDMI on the back of the radio? Then just use my lighting HDMI adapter that plugs into the I phone on the other end. There is suppose to be a HDMI wire connected already that it shows in the wiring diagram, is that where I plug the end of the HDMI into? I’ll tell you Jensens tech dept sucks, trying to tell me it’s against the law. I just don’t want to blow anything up. Thanks for your help. Once I plug my phone in does it mirror automatically?

Old 11-15-2019, 05:33 PM   #16

Yes plug into hdmi , ground pink wire . This allows image on screen to be on while in gear , that’s why tech won’t help. Really don’t know the difference? You can have their gps on screen ,why not yours ? Please let us know your outcome ! I again am concerned with being routed where the mh can’t go . Been to places that had low clearance- - - - not pretty getting turned around !!!
Old 11-15-2019, 08:57 PM   #17

Okay, I will try it when we get a half way warm day and I’ll let you know how it works out for me, thanks for your info.

Old 11-17-2019, 01:25 PM   #18

Quote:
Yes plug into hdmi , ground pink wire . This allows image on screen to be on while in gear , that’s why tech won’t help. Really don’t know the difference? You can have their gps on screen ,why not yours ? Please let us know your outcome ! I again am concerned with being routed where the mh can’t go . Been to places that had low clearance- - - - not pretty getting turned around !!!

Okay, I grounded the pink wire and plugged in the HDMI cable, it works just as you said, now I get Waze, google maps and anything else I want, can even watch Netflix. As far as the screen goes I can fill the screen by rotateing the phone horizontal. If I don’t do that all I get is the normal up right position mirror projection. Also I can still use the Jensen map program which is garbage imo. So thank you very much for the info you put on the forum, you just got to love this forum. Piss on Jenson and there tech department. Once again thanks a million for your post. (Now I have 3 ways I can get lost)...🤪[emoji106][emoji196]

Old 11-17-2019, 02:18 PM   #19

Fantastic!

Tags
jensen, radio