Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #1

Just purchased my '14 Leprechaun 320BH

Had it for 2 days. Still getting acclimated to all the new stuff. Coming from a TT the last 13 years, there are plenty of similarities but alot of new stuff as well. Just touching the tip of the iceberg as you say.

I have put 110 miles on her when I drove her home on Tuesday. Driving down the interstate took a little getting used to just to be sure lanes were open to change and what not. Performance was good and breaking was good as well as heavy as she is - better than my 01' PSD and TT by far. Turning and backing will take some getting used to as the length and characteristics are just different. I practiced backing in my driveway about a dozen times yesterday. Never perfect but became more comfortable each time. With the mirrors and back up camera, I can tell when to cut and correct before anything bad happens so that's a plus.

My specific question for today is where to get a manual for my A/C. Surprisingly not part of the 2200 other manuals in the pile. Its a 15k w/heat pump. It was a dealer added option which may explain why it may have been inadvertently left out. The dealer is a 2hr drive which was one avenue but not feasible at this point in time. Hoping I could go grab a PDF of it with a little help from this group.

My over all questions to the group are what lessons have been learned that you feel compelled to share with me.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #2

I have a Leprechaun 319DSF and live it.Here's what I learned in the last 9 months:

- if you have questions, contact Ron Ross at Coachmen. He's extremely knowledgable and helpful
- watch your pull down night shades as when you pull them up they may not follow the pleats and look terrible
- run your generator once a month under load
- watch battery drain on house batteries when stored. The smoke and CO2 alarms are direct wired with fuses in the battery compartment on mine.
- if your unit has Firestone air-rite bags in back check the pressure often. They tend to lose air slowly.
- check everything out while still in warranty and get needed items repaired by the dealer under warranty.
ENJOY your new MH.
2013leprechaun319dsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:26 PM   #3

Thanks for the tips. I heard you need to run the Gen once a month. So the smoke and CO2 are cut by the disconnect switch? I always tend to go plug my old TT in once every 2-3 weeks for that reason alone. Thinking the cutoff would have solved that. I also had read the air-rites lost are over time. I put some in yesterday when I checked it...about 50 in each side. Seemed ok when I went to go fill up today.

Thanks for the advise and the contact.

--Mickey
Old 08-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalberto View Post
Thanks for the tips. I heard you need to run the Gen once a month. So the smoke and CO2 are cut by the disconnect switch? I always tend to go plug my old TT in once every 2-3 weeks for that reason alone. Thinking the cutoff would have solved that. I also had read the air-rites lost are over time. I put some in yesterday when I checked it...about 50 in each side. Seemed ok when I went to go fill up today.

Thanks for the advise and the contact.

--Mickey
Mickey

If you have the Firestone air ride bags, check the pressure regularly. I had small leaks in mine.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013leprechaun319dsf View Post
Mickey

If you have the Firestone air ride bags, check the pressure regularly. I had small leaks in mine.
Yeap - right side was down more than the left today. Touched up before hitting the road. If I get bored, I will get some soapy water and check the connections.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #6

Made second run this weekend. Drove down to the beach. About 65-70 mies. This baby is thirsty - appears to have used about 1/4 tank. Seems excessive to me but I was pulling my golf cart running around 65 tops. Cart and trailer weighed probably close to 2000 lbs(guestimate). Ran the generator the whole way plus about an hour by itself. Not sure what I was really expecting but I guess some better than what this feels like.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:41 PM   #7

I heard the generator uses 1/2 gal/hr.

Why run the gen while driving?
Old 08-31-2013, 09:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013leprechaun319dsf View Post
I heard the generator uses 1/2 gal/hr.

Why run the gen while driving?
Was thinking I would keep the rest of the coach cool upon arrival. Had 2 little girls aka the brats when they want to be and the cutest most other times.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #9

Congratulations on the new rig!!

Gas mileage is what it is, unfortunately. We run our generator if its hot and we need the extra AC. Our generator automatically shuts off when we are at 1/4 tank, to ensure you have enough gas to reach a gas station to refuel.

Regarding you aftermarket AC, I would give a quick call to the dealer and ask the brand name or model. Likely can get a PDF after you narrow down which one it is.
go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #10

Thanks - it's just trying to get an idea of my expected range with a 55 gallon tank. Hoping to get more than 300ish miles before filling up. Total dollars spent equals in the equation of not staying in a Hotel. Typically means a min of 2-3+ days til my break even.

Thanks for comments.