Old 08-16-2015, 01:46 PM   #1

LCI Leveler Manual

I have a 2012 Coachmen Mirada 29DS that I purchase recently. For some reason, the LCI Electronic Leveler Manual is missing. Anyone know how I identify which system I have and where I can get a manual. My control panel has 3 round buttons on the top (Man, Auto, On/Off) and a white diamond outline with the front, right, left, and rear buttons). To the left of the diamond is the idiot lights (wait, jacks down, low voltage, engage park brake, and excess angle).

I have read other threads where the system lifts the wheels off the ground and thats what I am fighting. I am truing to find out how to manual lower each jack to get it back down on the tires. I see no way of lowering except "Retract All Jacks).
So, I am guessing everyone that has this issue forgets about auto and use the buttons to extend the jacks to a manual level position.

2015 Keystone Bullet Travel Trailer
2016 F-150 Lariat with Auto Trailer Backup
Dog = Morki (Yorkie-Maltese) - Zoe
Malabarbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 02:20 PM   #2
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Have you tried the LCI web site to find the manual? Later RJD

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 06:25 PM   #3
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

Click link for support manuals Electric Leveling Selections

Do you have "Level Up" or "Ground Control". Both are LCI leveler systems. Prime difference is Level Up is hydraulic and Ground Control is electric. I do however believe they work the same. I have the electric. Turn on, then use left arrows to scroll to "Manual mode", then press the button that says retract. Next press the button for the leg thats next to the wheel off the ground. With the retract button lit, the leg buttons retract. With the retract button not lit as in off, the leg buttons cause the individual legs to extend. I downloaded all my manuals from the LCI site.
Maxxis 16" E; Ride Rite AirBags w/AirLift 1 wireless compr; Adv.Folding 4 Cover Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset ball LCI Ground Control 3.0 4pt + 2pt Elec.Rear stabilizers; 3 Slidecovers; 10ft. Portabote 6000# Dexters; mor/Ryde CRE3000 w/HD Wetbolts; King Dish Tailgater; 5hp Outboard Dual A/C; Furrion 48 Rear Camera; Champion 3100 Inverter w/Extended Run
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:54 PM   #4
Former Full Timer

Here you go:
https://lci1.com/assets/content/supp...d-leveling.pdf

and Yes, almost everybody I know does it manually.

Suggestion: Jacks only work in pairs so drop the high front/rear first but only till both jacks ground. You will know...
Then raise the low end till level. Last raise the low side until level. Your center of the diamond green will blink when you have arrived (if calibrated) all 4 jacks will be down so you will have a stable platform. You may or may not have a wheel off the ground depending on the site. If you spend more than a minute on this you are playing with the buttons...
Happy Trails
Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Here you go:
https://lci1.com/assets/content/supp...d-leveling.pdf

and Yes, almost everybody I know does it manually.

Suggestion: Jacks only work in pairs so drop the high front/rear first but only till both jacks ground. You will know...
Then raise the low end till level. Last raise the low side until level. Your center of the diamond green will blink when you have arrived (if calibrated) all 4 jacks will be down so you will have a stable platform. You may or may not have a wheel off the ground depending on the site. If you spend more than a minute on this you are playing with the buttons...
Happy Trails
I have the LCI (Lippert) system. It has both automatic and manual buttons.

In auto mode it continually raised the front wheels off the ground. I recalibrated it more than once but after a few uses it returns to the "fly mode". For you pilots, our coach, when set up, looked like it had rotated and was about to leave the runway.

When I questioned Lippert on this Duck, they said to avoid raising the wheels off the ground. Not good for the system, not good for the coach, and not good for suspension.

So I started leveling the coach manually via your method, Front jacks down until both contact the ground, then rears down until they both contact the ground, then small adjustments until the coach levels out. Front to rear first and left to right second. I get the coach level every time without raising any wheel or wheels off the ground. And like you pointed out, it only takes a minute or two at most.

I have a subwoofer that sits on the floor near the control panel for the leveling system. It has a flat top where I fastened two small bubble gauges. I use them to get an idea of how far off a site is and then make slight adjustments in positioning the coach before actually leveling it. Also they are intuitive and easy to use even when using the Lippert system. When the bubbles are centered, I get the blinking center logo light and consider that level enough.

Gary

As a side note, when using the automatic leveling program it would make as many as 6 or 7 adjustments and in the end the center light would glow solid, not blink. I have never been able to get a solid green light when leveling manually but have not thought that necessary.

If the refrigerator doors don't swing wide or bang shut; if the bathroom door does not swing open or closed, I consider that a level coach.

One final check I do is the spouse check. I look at my wife when she is standing in the coach. If she appears to be standing in a vertical line parallel with the inside walls I assume the coach is fairly level. :-) This is a totally unnecessary test of course since if she is not vertically parallel with the inside walls, she makes noise until I fix it.
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual