Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2018, 08:35 PM   #1

Leprechaun 311fs Electric Water Heater labeling

Anyone else with a 311FS discover that their Washer/Dryer power is labeled as an Electric Water Heater on the panel? For days, I was wondering why the "Electric Water Heater" wasn't putting out hot water. Today I found out that the switch has nothing to do with an Electric Water Heater. It controls the power to the Washer/Dryer. I'm realizing now that I'm going to have to take out my trusty label maker.
sumrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:31 PM   #2

I’m not sure what you are saying. In mine the electric water heater switch turns on the water heater when on shore power. If yours is not, then take it to the dealer.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:52 AM   #3

It is bizarre. I’m calling Coachman tomorrow on it.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumrzz View Post
It is bizarre. I’m calling Coachman tomorrow on it.
By switch, I'm assuming you're talking about the circuit breakers? Calling coachman? Just buy a marker and redo the label (it's called a schedule) After 45 years I still don't know why. Should take about 15 min and 2 beers.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:53 AM   #5

No, it is not on the circuit panel. It is the actual Electric Water Heater switch that is located above the Tank Heater switch. That switch when turned on doesn’t heat the water but rather it controls the power to the Washer/dryer unit. I’ve actually had good luck working with Coachman so far. But little things are starting to stack up.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:07 PM   #6

Because it is not the breaker but the switch, something is wrong. When on the switch should turn on the electric heater. Don't know why that is not the case in the OP one.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:18 AM   #7

Issue revealed

I just got off the Phone with Jason at Coachman and he told me that it evidently the “relay on the Electeic Hot water heater switch is wired backwards”. He asked me if the water heater ever heated the water? I said No. He stated that it sounds like the water heater element may also be out. So Off to the dealership we go for this fix.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:44 PM   #8

Glad you got some help. It sounded weird.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:04 PM   #9

When I took delivery of my 311fs, the Washer/dryer would not come on. After having the techs go all over everything it turns out that the coach will not run the washer/dryer combo if the Water heater is on electric. The panel knows it can only run one at a time. You must take the water heater off electric and the washer/dryer will turn on. Glad they figured it out. I had to figure out that the drain was plumbed wrong and my washer backed up all over the floor.....
Viciousdoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:16 PM   #10

Viciousdoggie, thanks for the information. I was wondering why mine did not have power. I tried turning off the electric water heater, and then I got power. Kind of weird.

Tags
electric, heater, water, water heater