Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #1

Leprechaun 317SAF Scissor Jack Installation HELP!

We bought two scissor jacks from our dealer, they told us knowing that I was handy, that we should have no problem installing. The drilling, bolting, etc. is no problem. The problem I'm facing is I can't find a place to install them!

Either the gray water tank or spare tire gets in the way every time and the very end of the chassis slopes upward, not a flat surface.

The dealer is 45 miles away and hard for us to get to. Any ideas on where we can mount? The scissor jacks would be fine if I could have them slightly extended down to clear the spare tire. Is this okay to do? the instructions say they should be stored in full up position and an 1/8th turn tighter after that. They would touch the side wall of the spare and probably wouldn't hurt anything. BUT would they stay UP?

HELP! Thanks! I'll try to get pics tonight!

2013 Coachmen Leprechaun 317SAF
1998 Seaward Fox Cat rigged trailerable sailboat
Our Lake Life Blog
TimeOutRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #2

we decided to go ahead and use the scissor jacks this weekend while camping, not bolted on. This will give me a better idea of placement anyway. I'll take some pics then and share. After that if I still can't install them myself, I'll have the dealer do it.

I emailed Ron Ross at Coachmen about any placement advice, but haven't heard back from him yet.

2013 Coachmen Leprechaun 317SAF
1998 Seaward Fox Cat rigged trailerable sailboat
Our Lake Life Blog
TimeOutRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #3

Looking forward to your pics - would probably give all of us a chance to see - I am still on the fence about installing scissor jacks or one day forking out some bucks for levelers.

Thanks for the post.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote