Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2015, 10:14 AM   #61

UPDATE
We are back in town, have a few more parts to be installed. The benefit of having Camping World do the repairs is that final parts and issues found on the trip continuation is that CW near my home will complete (and warrantees the work done at CW) the work. They 'discovered' they ordered the wrong size awning, the windshield gasket separated about 650 miles into trip, on the drivers side, they transposed a part number on the microwave and installed a standard microwave instead of a convection microwave. Also discovered mounting pins on drivers console where it joins the dash 4 of the five connectors have fractures at the point it joins the dash. Camping World Winchester Va will complete repairs, awning, microwave/convection, gasket and fractures on dash. Wife still has anxiety attacks when semi trucks pass us, that is long term, and we are giving affidavits for the law suit between the pickup drivers' family and the semi driver, wrongful death suit. What a mess...I hope they settle out of court.
Final stats: Hushmat definitely worth it for the dash and AC. Gas mileage 6-7.6 mpg towing under various road and wind conditions (mountains, foothills, side and head winds, flat land)
Other than repairs complete to my satisfaction this will most likely be close to the last update for this thread....it has been a long journey. As a side note my insurance adjuster stated he has seen up to a 2 year repair period for damages this extensive, mine was 10 months
Old 04-15-2016, 08:39 PM   #62

Final update; last two parts being replaced by CW. The CW in El Paso had installed the wrong two parts and windshield gasket started separating 685 miles out of repair (thank goodness for gorilla tape). Also being addressed. Have finished cross country trip and two three thousand mile trips. Unit has performed quite well all through-out. Looking forward to another five thousand mile trip late summer.

1nshort
Old 04-16-2016, 06:18 AM   #63

Glad to hear that you'll finally nearing the end of this long saga!! Happy to hear that the rig has been good, too! Certainly have truly tested it out, for sure!!
go6car is offline   Reply With Quote