Old 10-12-2015, 08:54 AM   #11
4898 retired

DorisStanKing, welcome to the Coach family, like CMSRetired I have a 2013 Sportscoach Cross Country. The first year was rough with working out the issues with the coach. Fast forward two years and it's great. Would love to move up to a Pathfinder in the 405FK floor plan. I could definitely use the larger engine and trans for towing.
If you are still under warranty I would be happy to run down my list of issues, maybe you can compare my fixes with your coach and catch something early. Just send me a pm with your phone
number.

CMSRetired, hope all is well with you and the wife. Only made it to Nashville this year and a few trips to the shore. Presently building a new home for the coach, a 30x48x14 garage to keep it in. Watching the snow build up on the roof last winter was a killer for me. This year it will be inside and ready to go. Hope to see you on the road again soon.

lilsid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:58 AM   #12

CSMRetired~
Our homebase is Knoxville, TN but we roam! We only go back to Knoxville once a year for doctors appointments. We don't have family in the area, except for our daughters in-laws. Most of family is in Arkansas & daughter lives in Tulsa. So we roam & visit family when we can.

Maybe our paths will cross someday! Maybe at the rally next year, as we plan to go unless something changes!

Old 10-12-2015, 09:33 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsid View Post
DorisStanKing, welcome to the Coach family, like CMSRetired I have a 2013 Sportscoach Cross Country. The first year was rough with working out the issues with the coach. Fast forward two years and it's great. Would love to move up to a Pathfinder in the 405FK floor plan. I could definitely use the larger engine and trans for towing.
If you are still under warranty I would be happy to run down my list of issues, maybe you can compare my fixes with your coach and catch something early. Just send me a pm with your phone
number.

CMSRetired, hope all is well with you and the wife. Only made it to Nashville this year and a few trips to the shore. Presently building a new home for the coach, a 30x48x14 garage to keep it in. Watching the snow build up on the roof last winter was a killer for me. This year it will be inside and ready to go. Hope to see you on the road again soon.
Hey lilsid,

We're doing great, on the road in fact, about to pull out of Vicksburg heading to noccula falls in Alabama for Bamaganza '15.
Sounds like you are building a very nice home for y'alls coach. I "pplan" to do that in the next few years, we just bought a new home about three months ago and now have the room....we did pour a pad so it's walking distance to load out for travel

We of course don't have the snow issues you do up there, just the opposite. ....sun and HEAT!

Say hello to the wife for us and hopefully we'll see you on the road.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:39 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorisStanKing View Post
CSMRetired~
Our homebase is Knoxville, TN but we roam! We only go back to Knoxville once a year for doctors appointments. We don't have family in the area, except for our daughters in-laws. Most of family is in Arkansas & daughter lives in Tulsa. So we roam & visit family when we can.

Maybe our paths will cross someday! Maybe at the rally next year, as we plan to go unless something changes!
Knoxville is fairly centrally located for a lot of good traveling experiences, beautiful country. Invite yourselves to Bamaganza next year, it's a great time. If you do plan on going to the FROG Rally in August. ....registration usually begins in March (register EARLY)
Tis rally has grown rapidly and reaches capacity quick.

Travel safe wherever you go......see you on the road sometime

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 10-12-2015, 09:41 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResQfrog View Post
Nate stopped by to help Ron and his assistant make a few repairs, at the FROG Rally. This year was the first time someone from COA stopped by and brought the stuffed dalmatian. Our home base is out of Lancaster, NY. (near Buffalo)
Nate called and said they were at our coach and we didn't get there in time to meet him.....sure wanted to.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 10-19-2015, 01:12 PM   #16

We now love our Pathfinder. Took it to Alaska in 2013 and to California and back to North Carolina this summer. Minor gripes that I mostly fix myself. Right now I'm having a little trouble with one of my rear slides not wanting to go out without a lot of coaxing; I'll probably wait till spring and replace the motor under the master bed to see if that works.
It drives great, gets great mileage 10mpg, tows my Jeep with ease and provides a great home on the road for my family of 7.
Every RV owner has growing pains; take it out on the road and keep track of your "write ups", then either bring them in for warranty, or to a dealer for repair, or like most of us, research the issue and repair or modify it yourself. These forums are a great help with folks that have "been there, done that".
Good luck and welcome to the club!
fedexflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:14 PM   #17

FEDEXFLYER, thanks for the welcome! We REALLY love the coach & know there will be problems. Hubby isn't a handyman so a lot of things we have to pay$$ to have fixed. We had to have the motor in the bed slide replaced because it literally stopped halfway in/out.

These forums are a GREAT source of information! Thanks for sharing your comments!

Travel safe!
Old 10-19-2015, 10:25 PM   #18

I'm sure glad to see this thread continue, I know we're the Pathfinder "little brother" but it's all Sportscoach.
I would really like to see more SC post, I asked the forum guru's for our own SC heading a while back, however, you can see the results.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 10-20-2015, 08:35 AM   #19

CSMRetired, I, too, am glad to see this thread active. Hopefully we can keep it going so that others may benefit as well as for us! :thumbup:
Old 10-22-2015, 02:03 AM   #20

Slider Problems

DorisStanKing and CSMRetired - Have read thread and comments. We purchased a 2014 Cross Country 404RB in June last year and have spent the last year fixing the big slider with issues like your pathfinder. Broken cogs and drive shafts. The dealer has made repair after repair. Now it is fixed but we must have a plastic runner over the tile to prevent damage. Yes it gouged the tile when being brought in and the dealer replaced some twenty Ceramic tiles that had been damaged. Like you we keep our fingers crossed every time we move it in or out.

The Onan Generator fuel pump went out with only 2 hours run time. Cummins dealer said that was common on motorhome generators and normally at low hours. Lippert replaced the entry step when the main bolt sheared off on opening the door less than one week of ownership. We also had issues with wiring being miss connected in walls. Walls removed to fix (poor quality control in my mind). Tires developed large chunks missing on both inside and outside of front tires on both sides of the coach. At 16K replaced the Goodyear G670 with Michelin XZA2 and ride is even better. Now I noticed the wood trim has bowed and needs to be re-fastened.
Yes they do say "stuff" happens. All that said, we love the coach.

I will be going to Indiana next June or August with my two inch thick book of repair orders to see if anything further can be accomplished. Thanks for your post, I thought I was the only one with slider problems.

Tags
coachmen, sport