Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2015, 08:33 AM   #21

rickpb,
Welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear about all your issues, that's unfortunate. On our kitchen slide the rollers on the bottom had to be replaced because of minor scratches on the tile. The Coachmen rep noticed it when we were up in Goshen.

Unless there is an immediate need for repairs, we have everything, including additional modifications done at and by Coachmen. We figure they built it, therefore they know the ins and outs.

We really love and enjoy our coach. We have just gone over 16,000 miles as of our last trip.

Hopefully you will get yours all taken care of in good order and have many many enjoyable miles with it.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:10 AM   #22

lilsid ~ here's my email address ( dkingdoe@gmail.com ) . I would appreciate you sending me your list of issues so we can hopefully catch something early. Thanks in advance!
Travel safe!
DorisStanKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:11 PM   #23

I'll just touch on a couple of my issues that I've fixed; (1) My step motor failed in Anchorage, probably because we would step out on it when opening the door before the step was fully extended. Easily replaced. (2) Wood trim under the refer would catch on the front carpet and scrape on the tile, removed it, trimmed it back and reinstalled. (3) The cheap kitchen faucet leaked from everywhere, I replaced with a residential faucet and it works and looks great. (4) The power booster for the TV antenna failed, it took awhile to find it in the passenger side overhead behind a panel. Easy to replace once you find it and get a new one. (5) My generator electrical transfer switch failed while on the Alaskan Hwy (Gen wouldn't take the load). Coachmen covered this one ($900) though I had to back track to get to a repair facility. (6) Right camera was fuzzy from the start, Coachmen replaced this too. (7) As previously mentioned, I'm currently dealing with a rear slide problem.
Even with these issues, I love the coach and enjoy tinkering on the small stuff and making improvements. We removed the dinette with wooden chairs and installed an additional hide-a bed to accommodate five kids. We ditched the inflatable mattress and retrofitted with a mechanical bed frame; makes setting and breaking camp so much quicker.
fedexflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:38 PM   #24

Thanks for Welcome CSMRetired

I love my Sports Coach just wish the problems would go away. While passing through Albuquerque I was talking with a man from Colorado running a 2013 405FK who was having problems with his big slider. He said this was the third motor he was having replaced.

We have 18K on the coach and going strong. As a side note I see you are from central Texas and assume being CSM spent time at Ft Hood. I spent about 8 years at Hood back in seventies before Germany and retirement. Maybe we will meet sometime down the road.
FMCA Member F445552
Good Sam Life Member
Las Cruces, New Mexico
rickpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpb View Post
I love my Sports Coach just wish the problems would go away. While passing through Albuquerque I was talking with a man from Colorado running a 2013 405FK who was having problems with his big slider. He said this was the third motor he was having replaced.

We have 18K on the coach and going strong. As a side note I see you are from central Texas and assume being CSM spent time at Ft Hood. I spent about 8 years at Hood back in seventies before Germany and retirement. Maybe we will meet sometime down the road.
Did spend a little time at Hood.
Possibility of meeting down the road, we go to Goshen every year. ...Alabama every year and have been known to show up at Benning for the BRC in April.
What's the exterior color on your coach...just curious

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 11-06-2015, 02:20 PM   #26

Seems we have some Ft. Hood connection. I (Doris) was born & raised there until I got married & left in 1971. We may make a trip to Goshen ourselves for rally. We attended our 1st one this year. Had a fun time!
Old 11-07-2015, 12:33 AM   #27

Goshen next year

Coach is black and white with red trim toad is black with red stripes. Goshen on tap for next year. May see you there.
FMCA Member F445552
Good Sam Life Member
Las Cruces, New Mexico
rickpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:52 PM   #28

Well, we've had another problem with the MH. Around midnight one night last week we lost power to one side of the coach. We were able to get into a dealer around 10 o'clock the next day. We were first told our inventer was toast & it could possibly take 3-10 days to get a new one in. But after looking further into the situation they found some burnt wires & were able to replace them. They wanted to found out what caused that to happen & found that the wires were loose. We were fixed & back at the CG by 2:30. Now things that haven't worked are working great.

So, check your wiring to your inverter!!
Old 11-22-2015, 01:58 PM   #29

We had the very same issue back in early October. ...I did a thread about in the electrical part of the forum

Glad you got it fixed
Old 11-22-2015, 03:33 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRetired View Post
We had the very same issue back in early October. ...I did a thread about in the electrical part of the forum

Glad you got it fixed
Thanks - I found your post. You're right ... lose connections.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:55 PM   #31

Decided how to winterize our coach

We're driving it to Arizona in February

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 12-08-2015, 04:29 PM   #32

CSMRetired - travel safely!! We arrived in South Texas this past Thursday, Dec. 3rd. Our plans are to drive back home for Christmas & New Years in the "toad". We'll return to Texas & stay here until the end of March.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:49 PM   #33

Just, you know....kind if checking in
How's the world of Sportscoach?

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 01-10-2016, 12:56 PM   #34

CSMRetired ~ all is well here so far. We are stationary until the end of March so we'll see when we start moving again. Hope all is well with you & all other Sportscoach owners.

Travel safe to all who are on the road!
Old 01-10-2016, 03:49 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorisStanKing View Post
CSMRetired ~ all is well here so far. We are stationary until the end of March so we'll see when we start moving again. Hope all is well with you & all other Sportscoach owners.

Travel safe to all who are on the road!
Sounds like y'all are doing well. We are looking forward to heading out the end of this month and spending February in Arizona.

Great to hear from you.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 01-12-2016, 06:09 PM   #36

Hello all, We just bought a 2016 Sportcoach 360DL in Tx. Disappointing start.....purchase day we were told the tiles had to be replaced due to the main living area slide operation . Left the next day and by the time we drove it to Ft. Worth two check engine lights were on. Stopped the coach and called the dealer. Just received encouragement that it would "clear" in a hundred miles or so. Luckily made it home but the dreaded "Stop Engine" lite came on as I was in the storage/parking area I have rented . Of course that engine power unit enforces its command such that all you can basically do is idle with little power. So on Jan 8, we buy the coach, on Jan 11 it's been towed to the nearest Freightliner shop. I also found a hydraulic leak while looking under the unit while the tow operator was getting things set up. I will say that our complementary Coachnet Roadside assistance experience, to get service/towing set up was exceptional. Looking forward to getting these initial bugs , I hope that is it, fixed. Looking forward to seeing the USA. We are fm done with cruising.
iathoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 06:21 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by iathoma View Post
Hello all, We just bought a 2016 Sportcoach 360DL in Tx. Disappointing start.....purchase day we were told the tiles had to be replaced due to the main living area slide operation . Left the next day and by the time we drove it to Ft. Worth two check engine lights were on. Stopped the coach and called the dealer. Just received encouragement that it would "clear" in a hundred miles or so. Luckily made it home but the dreaded "Stop Engine" lite came on as I was in the storage/parking area I have rented . Of course that engine power unit enforces its command such that all you can basically do is idle with little power. So on Jan 8, we buy the coach, on Jan 11 it's been towed to the nearest Freightliner shop. I also found a hydraulic leak while looking under the unit while the tow operator was getting things set up. I will say that our complementary Coachnet Roadside assistance experience, to get service/towing set up was exceptional. Looking forward to getting these initial bugs , I hope that is it, fixed. Looking forward to seeing the USA. We are fm done with cruising.
Sorry you are having issues. I still want to say congrats on your purchase even though you are having issues. Once you get them worked out I think you will love the Sportscoach, we love ours.

I looked up the 360DL after I read your post, nice coach. You're really going to enjoy that induction cooktop I know DW does.....it's a lot quicker and not near as much heat. PLUS, no propane being used.

Did you happen to buy from MHSRV, just curious, that's where we buy from. We have purchased three coaches from them over the years.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 01-12-2016, 06:24 PM   #38

We love the layout and drove wonderfully back to Alabama. Looking forward to settling into a good unit. Staying positive! But with a watchful eye.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:25 PM   #39

Yes, MHSRV. They were very busy . Many deliveries last Friday.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:40 PM   #40

Watchful eye is always good, even with ours. We have a bug jump out once in a while but when you are driving an apartment down the highway......bugs will jump out.

Where in Alabama are you located? The reason I ask is, if you are rally goers, DW and I are co-host along with BamaBob and his DW Anne-Marie. We call it "Bamaganza", this year it will be Oct 5 - 9 in Naccalula Falls in Alabama.

Also there is an annual rally for Forest River in Goshen, IN. This years dates are August 14 -20. The link for the information is:

FROG - Forest River Owners Group

The Forest River rally is quite big, over 700 RV's last year and a great time. If you decide to go, register "early" I can't stress that enough...it fills up fast. Registration should begin mid-late March.

There is also a rally for just Coachmen owners at the same location some time usually in June, I don't have the dates for that one.

Keep posting on here and asking question or making comments, this is a great forum with some great people and a lot of good sound advice.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Tags
coachmen, sport