Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2016, 09:26 AM   #1
Bob & Donna

Lug Nut Covers

Lost one on my front tire. Went to Camping World to replace it and discovered it requires a special lug nut cover which has a threaded nut on the inside of the cover. Anyone else had that problem and where do I find a replacement?
2012 Coachmen Encounter 34 TA
BobandDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 03:57 PM   #2

Yes, I have a 2015 Coachmen encounter and lost one last week. Called Lazydays and they said because there are so many differences I'd have to send one to them for them to match it up. I've been to Camping world and different truck stops and haven't found one yet.
Chutingstar70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:09 AM   #3
Bob & Donna

I emailed Coachmen and have been in correspondence with Chris Mullins. I sent him pictures of the lug nuts, but apparently it is the nut on the inside that is the hang up too. I have to remove one and photo the nut on the inside and send it to him. I'll let you know what happens.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:53 AM   #4

This may help you out
KaperII Wheel simulators and Led Lighting
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:30 AM   #5
Bob & Donna

Thanks Bubbles, this may be the answer. I want to see what Coachmen will do first. I still have to remove one to see which type of nut is on the inside. I will do that today.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:22 PM   #6

If it is an Alcoa check their web page.
MHSRV sent me a few when I lost them
farmenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:57 AM   #7
Bob & Donna

Problem solved. Sent pictures of the nut on the inside more the three weeks ago and haven't heard back so I ordered them from Kaper II. Cost $5.56 each plus shipping. I ordered 4 of them sent to an address where we are camping. Haven't retrieved them yet, will update later. Thanks Bubbles for the info.
Old 07-04-2016, 02:04 PM   #8

Lug nut csps

My replacements came with both a white and a black thread adapter. Depends on series of lug nuts which to use. Needed white on rear lugs and black on fronts
farmenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:29 AM   #9
Bob & Donna

farmenta, I don't have the same set up on the rear wheels. However, that's good info to have knowing there are adapters available.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:17 AM   #10
Bob & Donna

Got them, got to send them back, wrong size. Tough to tell from the pictures on the website. I will have to pay more attention to the dimensions when I reorder.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:35 AM   #11

I bought a 2016 coachman 404rb and the trip from Dallas to Galveston and back I lost one hub front and one in back plus 25 lug nut covers. Either manufactor or the place I bought it from did not install right or there is a problem. I have talked to many people who have the same set up as mine with no problems. I took pictures of all four wheels and coachman sent me replacements-I am on record now so if the warranty people screw it up I will just get more.
msbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:52 PM   #12
Bob & Donna

Wow! Definitely a screw-up somewhere. Unfortunately mine was out of warranty when I lost them. Finally home and will have to get on the ball and reorder the correct ones.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:55 PM   #13

I will have warranty people put on. I loose again I will b on record so after warranty period I can bitch and hope they take care of me. All my friends have been all over USA not loosing any, that's why I think they were not properly put on.
msbaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover