Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2013, 05:43 AM   #1

My MH shower may not like me.

Why oh why? I missed this in my search for our MH. Our 32BH Leprechaun must have lost their marbles in putting Tea Cup handles in the shower. Its a tight fit for me...always knew that going in. Turning sideways(my wide side and the showers long side) works fine until I attempt to reach down OR turn...I consistantly bump those dang handles...and it doesn't end well in almost all scenarios. I hate to put this(shower faucet) on my replacement list so soon(2 weeks old) but I can see that won't make the cut.

Interestingly the sink has the same issues but less of a problem.

Just thought I would share.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:51 AM   #2

Same mistake here. Shower, in our coach (Encounter TZ37), is a corner unit. Looked just fine and I never stepped in to test just how roomy it would be. Well, it's not roomy. I bang my elbows and arms into the sides and the nice circular doors frequently.

But.... after time you learn the limits and manage to get a shower without doing too much damage to you or the unit.

I would give it time, a dozen showers or so and see if it is still at the top of your list.

My issue with the bathroom sink is that they mounted a 4 inch deep cabinet over the sink which is nice but unfortunately I bang my head into the cabinet (or mirror) every time I bend over to bush my teeth. The solution it either a shallower cabinet, move the sink out to the rim of the counter or both. As it is, I have to bend my neck to brush my teeth which leaves me walking around the rest of the day with my head lying over on my left shoulder. :-)

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
My issue with the bathroom sink is that they mounted a 4 inch deep cabinet over the sink which is nice but unfortunately I bang my head into the cabinet (or mirror) every time I bend over to bush my teeth. The solution it either a shallower cabinet, move the sink out to the rim of the counter or both. As it is, I have to bend my neck to brush my teeth which leaves me walking around the rest of the day with my head lying over on my left shoulder. :-)

Roll
And then there's that! I guess choosing not to brush one's teeth is not the correct answer. And include shaving too. That was was a hoot this morning.

As you say -I may get used to the contortions in the shower. We have another trip scheduled for next weekend, so I will see.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:33 AM   #4

I look at it this way, at least when I bend down to shave my legs in the shower, I won't ever fall since I'm basically sitting on the shower wall whether I actually want to be or not!

Was in a brand new $2M motorhome this past week and you could have fit an elephant in there! Gorgeous! Of course, for that price point it should also wash everything for you!!
go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by go6car View Post
I look at it this way, at least when I bend down to shave my legs in the shower, I won't ever fall since I'm basically sitting on the shower wall whether I actually want to be or not!

Was in a brand new $2M motorhome this past week and you could have fit an elephant in there! Gorgeous! Of course, for that price point it should also wash everything for you!!
Soooooo...being in submarines for 23 years, I have to ask 'so what's the problem?'. Just remember, I said I was in submarines ( by the way, I'm 6'2"). Believe me, you get used to it and adjust. The only thing I could not adjust to was the aniemic waterflow out of the shower nozle. Bought an Oxygenics shower nozle...I'm happy now.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nshort View Post
... The only thing I could not adjust to was the aniemic waterflow out of the shower nozle. Bought an Oxygenics shower nozle...I'm happy now.
That might be next. The water pressure was real low at the state park this weekend. Going down to the beach next weekend. Pressure is really good down there so I will give it another chance there.

Post a pick or link to the model of shower head you bought? I may be in the market soon.

--Mickey
Old 08-25-2013, 06:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalberto View Post

That might be next. The water pressure was real low at the state park this weekend. Going down to the beach next weekend. Pressure is really good down there so I will give it another chance there.

Post a pick or link to the model of shower head you bought? I may be in the market soon.

--Mickey
Hello,

I bought the Oxygenics band at Camping World online. They only make on type for a MH. It comes in different finishes. I bought Brushed Nickel to match my sower water valves. It is a diect replacement for your existing showerhead.

1nshort
Old 08-25-2013, 07:00 AM   #8

Here's the link (it's cheaper in white and chrome finishes). I also got the brushed nickel and it's a perfect match:

Body Spa RV Shower Kit - Brushed Nickel - Oxygenics 26481 - Shower - Camping World

(Inshort: Not sure I would have made it for 5 minutes in a sub, let alone in a sub shower! )
go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by go6car View Post
Here's the link (it's cheaper in white and chrome finishes). I also got the brushed nickel and it's a perfect match:

Body Spa RV Shower Kit - Brushed Nickel - Oxygenics 26481 - Shower - Camping World

(Inshort: Not sure I would have made it for 5 minutes in a sub, let alone in a sub shower! )
Go6car,
Sure you could get used to it. Contrary to popular conceptions, they are big. 360 ft long and 33ft diameter. The shower is the same as in a RV, only 100% stainless steel. The hard part is getting used to the submerged time. It is all about personality...my longest time submerged was 105 days.....but I digress. Yeah the other finishes are less costly but I wanted to keep everything matching. I aso like the comfort flow adjustment.

1nshort

Tags
show, shower