Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2014, 09:46 AM   #1

New Coachmen Freelander 19CB owners!

Howdy! My wife and I just bought a '14 Freelander 19CB and are loving it so far. We have only had it a couple of weeks, and have used it a lot already.

We parked it on the seawall in Galveston for the Mardi Gras parades, using it as "home base". Worked great! It's small size was a benefit on that trip!

We have lots of trips planned for the summer and fall!

Jim & Janet in Texas
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140214_175548307_HDR.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	47212  
bglz42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:44 AM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your 2014 Freelander 19CB!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:58 AM   #3

Very nice! Enjoy your new ride!!!
go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:09 AM   #4

Welcome! Enjoy your coach....have a blast with it

our first was an 06 Coachmen Freelander 29DS, we had lots of fun with it

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:05 PM   #5

How is your Freelander 19 cb? Any tips for me as I am getting very close to buying one? Anything you wish you had on it or something you have and don't need? Will very much appreciate your advice. Since this is a relatively new model it is hard to find reviews. Thanks in advance for your help.
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:55 PM   #6

I sent you a pm with my phone number. We LOVE ours!
Old 05-08-2014, 06:59 PM   #7

Here is a copy of the reply I made to your other request:
We love ours! Small but awesome! Biggest advantage... it is small! We thought we would use it 3-4 times a year for camping trips... and we will. But we have used it every weekend since we bought it...as a rolling party hut! Since it fits in a regular parking spot, we have taken it to the Galveston Mardi Gras parades, the county fair, local artwalks and all sorts of other events! Your own restroom, fridge and a place away from the crowd! I even took it to the mall, and let my wife shop while I relaxed in the parking lot!

Build quality seems good, it is well equipped and is very easy to drive. I think it is a complete WIN!
Old 05-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #8

Thank you so much

See, I really mean it when I say how nice RV people are! Your prompt reply helps so much. I have narrowed it to 3 dealers but have not been able to correspond with anyone who actually owns one until now. My rental was 19 feet long and my dog and I lived in it very comfortably without coming home for 2 months. This model has the advantage of a fixed bed, dry bath and lots of storage. I'll be keeping my house and traveling for 2-3 months at a time. Will spend winters here in Savannah and get out of here in the miserable summers! Providing your phone number went above and beyond the call for help! Thank you so very much. I'll call if I need advice.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:13 PM   #9

No sweat! Have fun! You will enjoy the size when u pull into a tight parking lot!

Jim & Janet
Old 05-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #10

Congratulations on your new "Party Hut" I'm glad you are using it more then you thought you would. Happy Camping

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 08:04 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
How is your Freelander 19 cb? Any tips for me as I am getting very close to buying one? Anything you wish you had on it or something you have and don't need? Will very much appreciate your advice. Since this is a relatively new model it is hard to find reviews. Thanks in advance for your help.
I am thinking of buying a used Coachmen Freelander 19cb and would like to know how you all have liked yours now that you have had them for awhile.
Bandyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 08:45 PM   #12

Coachmen 19cb

Overall I loved mine. While I did not love or even like the corner bed, I spent so much fun time traveling. I had no idea I would love the lifestyle so much that I would use the motorhome 90% of the time and rarely go home. I needed more room and bigger holding tanks. Traded in my beloved 19cb on a Winnebago Vista Class A. Now have lots of room and more comfort but am not able to park it as easily to see the sites. Have to use alternative transportation. See you on the road. Enjoy!
Old 12-17-2016, 08:51 PM   #13

Coachmen 19cb

Also... buy a good toaster oven that you can use to bake (mine stayed set up on my dinette table all the time secured with bungee cords when traveling), a fan and a small electric ceramic space heater. Amazon sells a small charcoal grill that folds into a carrying bag that I used all the time. I went to IKEA and bought attractive fabric covered storage bins and put them in the cab over bed to carry extra clothes and supplies.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:51 PM   #14

LOVE our 19CB! We use it for all sorts of stuff, not just camping. It is great to take to events, gives you your own space to relax. Can park anywhere. Shorter than a full-size pickup.

We did not like the dinette, so took it off. I use one leg of the base, attached a cutting board to it to use as a coffee pot stand. We take it down during the day.
Swivel bases for the front seats are a must. There is not a lot of room in a 19CB, and the front seats provide needed seat space. I have also added numerous small mods, like shelving/led lighting/snap straps in the storage area.

Like Hannah said, get a toaster oven. A must have.

Overall, we love it. If you have any questions, just ask!
Old 12-18-2016, 06:05 PM   #15

Coachmen 19CB

Thanks for answering me so fast. It is so good to be able to get this kind of information from people with experience. Are your 19 CBs on a Ford Chassis and if so are they V8s or V10s and what kind of gas mileage do you get?
Old 12-19-2016, 06:42 AM   #16
World Wide Wanderer

BandyBlue

Good luck with your search! One thing to double check. If you want the swivel front seats I think you have to get a Ford chassis. I don't believe that option is available on the Chevy. I will let the 19CB owners chime in on mileage, but to me that is the least of my concerns. I have a Concord 310 DS on the E-450 chassis and figure 8.5 mpg for planning purposes, which for a small house isn't too bad.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 07:30 AM   #17

I don't know of any 19cb being built on anything other than a Ford E350 with the V8. For me, the V8 is very adequate. Even towing my boat, the power is just fine.

As for mileage... if I drive slow, I get 8mpg. If I drive fast I get 8mpg. Pretty much all the time, I get 8mpg, LOL!
Old 12-30-2016, 09:56 AM   #18

Coachmen 19CB

Can swivel seats be added and if so, does anyone have an estimate on what that might cost. I want one only for the passenger side.

Thanks
Old 12-30-2016, 11:53 AM   #19

Not sure about price. But you are going to want both seats to swivel. It makes a HUGE difference in the amount of room you have in the coach while parked.
Old 12-30-2016, 02:27 PM   #20

Swivel seats

You can get a passenger swivel seat on the Ford chassis. I think mine was around $300.

Tags
coachmen