Old 07-07-2016, 08:25 PM   #11

Gja,

Ford has a toll free number dedicated to motorhome assistance. If you need service they will find a dealer who will help you.

The number is in the Owner's Guide in the glovebox.

As for warranty work, what warranty work? Hopefully your Ford will be like our 2010 E450. The only thing that has been done on ours is front end alignment. We've not had one trip to the Ford dealer for warranty work. Not even a light bulb has failed.

Speaking of front end alignment, chances are yours will need it. The Ford chassis seems to settle in and the alignment changes. The previous Forest River rep who participated in this forum said it's best to get about 3000 miles on it before alignment. After that they don't change. So pay attention to how it drives. If it pulls left or right, tell your RV dealer who will get approval from Forest River to pay for it. Since they "completed" the vehicle, they are responsible for that part of it, not Ford. Just so I don't leave you confused, almost all other chassis related parts are under the Ford warranty.

RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:57 PM   #12

Just so I understand re: front end alignment, I have to get my RV dealer to get Forest River to pay for it - but does that mean the RV dealer does the front end alignment, or that I have ford do it but Forest River pays for it. I'm a little confused. It seem odd that the RV dealer would do the front end alignment.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:13 AM   #13

It's not likely an RV dealer could do front end alignment. You'll need to take it to a Ford dealer preferably or to a tire shop, whichever has a bay large enough for your coach. Just be sure you have Forest River approval before you go.

For the time being, enjoy your motorhome. Just notice how it drives and decide if you need to have the alignment looked at.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:24 PM   #14

Got it, thank you Rambler. That's what I was thinking too.

Tags
class c